The day after

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eaglebuzz

Bencher
The big thing that is staying with me is that we are going to be a force to be reckoned with in 2020.

Our starting second rowers back.
Albert Hopoate back from injury. Ben Turbo and Josh Schuster possibilities of entering the top 30. Fainu to start.

We will be a good side!

Last edited:
Still struggling.....we were the better team last night and blew a great chance of playing off for a GF next week. That's hard to take. We should have won that by 20 we were so dominant. We just couldn't get that 2 try break we needed to put them to bed. Left it to chance and look what happened......frustrating.

Manly will be a major force again next year and this last game was merely due to the lack of experience playing as a mature Team:p

The individual raw talents on display were really exciting to glimpse :clap:

Losing a key player to a subjective call should harden Manly up mentally.
Drives home the point that effort without adaptability is not enough for a win :nerd:

Losing to penalty goals shows that the fix is within our control :)

I just hope Manly orders all their injured players into rehab and away from the year end games :wait:

We all need a long rest :p

Nup, still not any better and probably won’t be.

I can live with getting beaten, I don’t like it but if the other side is better then that’s what it is.

But last night we were totally stitched up, Jake knew it, Cherry knew it, Des knew it, Annesley knows it ( after being pointed out to him) but most of all Sutton knew it.

He knew what impact that would have with 11 minutes to go, he knew exactly what he was doing .

AND, then to blow a penalty for the shot clock , to my knowledge the first of the year , he knew that cemented the win.

It’s all been said ( ad nauseum I guess) but the next day, Nup , not better!!!

Emotinally I just came crashing down from all the heights we achieved and feel for all our inexperienced finals team who had lucky luck against them

What we over achieved this year was through our own courage , resilience and self belief and with a little luck we could have gone further

At the end of the cloudy emotion I am feel very optimistic of 2020 .

We have a great coach , a great core of players and a great culture

This is the start of another decade where our club will continue to win another premiership having done so in every decade since the 1970's

We are proudly the only club in the modern era to win a premiership in every decade

and we are again building up to what it takes to carry on with our incomparable great tradition

We are getting back our winning Manly DNA and will be the masters of our own DEStiny and lady lucky will have no say

sticker-pin-up-lady-luck-sexy-de-rouge-flammes-aut.jpg

The big thing that is staying with me is that we are going to be a force to be reckoned with in 2020.

Albert Hopoate back from injury. Ben Turbo and Josh Schuster possibilities of entering the top 30. Fainu to start.

We will be a good side!

Add young Sione Fainu to the equation as well - there’s going to be plenty of competition for that top 30!

After some time with digesting that loss, forget that the sin bin was the wrong call and we had a genuine chance at winning the game.

Happy with our performance and there's so much to look forward to next year but we had a real chance to win the game last night. We can blame the refs but the reality is that Jake did grab Gagai's shirt and gave the ref a chance to be penalised.
We didn't defend our line well at all. Defence was completely disorganised on the line and all those errors, particularly in the last ten minutes were perplexing. Elliott had a shocker of a game in all aspects. Parker had a number of brain fades and both of them cost us the game. While Chez was fantastic in attack, his reads on our line were terrible.

All in all, we learnt what we already knew. Great team but will be hard to push without Tom or a great fill in for his inevitable injuries and we need a left centre that offers more.
But there's a lot to look forward to. Our forward pack, including the reserves, are beastly. They can destroy any team through the middle and Fainu's work off the back of it is lethal. Walker and Chez are our halves for the foreseeable future. Walker was brilliant and picks his moments well while Chez has grown into the halfback we all knew he could be over the last few weeks. Our back rowers have also been world class and the depth is good enough to carry us through in the finals.

Looking forward to 2020.

Always thought we’d make the prelim finsl and fall short of the GF. - should have been!

Once the dust settles I believe this will be a blessing in disguise since it will galvanise the team for next year more so than what a standard loss could of and really nail home the us v them culture. We will be top 2 from the get go next year just as all the previous winning MWSE teams.

The refs and NRL can all eat a bag of d*cks.

But wow.....how good is our depth going to be next season??

The debutants over the past few weeks all stepped up and Waddell and the Jetski proved they are serious footy players.

Suli could be a revelation next season if he has a great off-season.

If we can sign a good utility player for back up to Fainu, then its looking very good for next year and beyond.

And imagine if we actually have Tom a full season?! Then there's Hopoate, Funa, Schuster, Ben Trbojevic.....

Not even the lazy eyed bald cheat will stop us if we can stay healthy.

It doesn't matter how good we are, our problem is how to overcome obvious refereeing and NRL bias against us.
There were several matches this season, including the last two against Souffs, where we were the better side.
But in today's NRL the better side does not always win.
That's why I fear the Faders will be stitched-up along the way.
Canberra, like us, is not one of the chosen clubs. The other remaining five are.

Not at all concerned with the loss. This is a good side that is just a few players short of a premiership side. Yes the ref's bias is a disgrace and showed up dreadfully. Annesley should be given the boot if he doesn't start getting his refs to show impartiality. I like the idea of some of the women refs coming through, because they seem more balanced than the lot we have at the moment. Time for a cleaning out of the rubbish and bring in some decent fresh blood to the ref ranks. But of Manly, with Albert Hoppa, Schuster, Ben T. and maybe Musgrove vying for first grade next year, hopefully Tom T. and DCE getting over their injury concerns, and a young bunch of players who Des has taught how to win, I'm beginning to feel quite optimistic about the 2020 vision.

Just hope we get through Mad Monday without any incidents.

I'm going to miss the footy .......

It doesn't matter how good we are, our problem is how to overcome obvious refereeing and NRL bias against us.
There were several matches this season, including the last two against Souffs, where we were the better side.
But in today's NRL the better side does not always win.
That's why I fear the Faders will be stitched-up along the way.
Canberra, like us, is not one of the chosen clubs. The other remaining five are.
Nailed it in one. Canberra is one of us - not a chosen club and one of only a handful to beat the minor premiers this year. Sadly, their fate has already been decided. Whether they can overcome the refereeing/NRL bias remains to be seen but I'll be cheering them.

And by the way, the day after I don't feel any better at all. Last night was a bitter pill to swallow.

We will be a good side!

I thought this thread was about you going out on the town and scoring last night.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8