• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So dce stays he has become the highest player in the history of the N rL, given the NRL bosses a big F you via their titans "showpeice" and sent foran to have his career die a miserable death at the eels And built a competitive team at Manly.
Thats pretty impressive.
Hmm, I think he will only be the highest player in the History of the NRL if he goes to the Gold Coke Titans.

I' d be surprised if we didn't find out the outcome to all this on Wednesday. 2 hrs before kickoff. If it's all quiet, then he is goorrrne.
I think the deadline is kick-off of game 1, round 13?

My guess is we won't know anything with any certainty until minutes before that event. This is going to get dragged out to the very last second. Why?? Because:

A) Gavin Whore can eke out a few more shekels and

B) Daly loves the process. It feeds his ego knowing that every_single footy journo is panting over his every move and desperately trying to discern the real truth.

IMHO , He is gone .
From the start he wanted a bit more coin (which deservedly, he earned that right).
Penn's were tight arses ,didn't want to open the purse then .And now its substantially more .
It was all about money ,And still is .
I will be shocked if they offer (Titan's) money or more !
I see us having two halves next year on about 80% of the price of one of our current halves .

I think you are absolutely right about it being about money.

But Manly tried to put all its eggs in one basket to hold Foran and saw DCE as the lesser imperative. They offered Foran big money and didnt have enough for DCE. Understandably DCE would be pretty peeved about that especially when Manly petulantly withdrew any offer. Now Foran is gone and Manly suddenly realised they made a big booboo with DCE.

With Foran out of the way they now have the money they formerly didnt have to try to hold DCE. But if I was DCE I would be pretty annoyed with Manly for the earlier treatment and now that I know Manly wants me (and I want to stay if I can) then I will ensure that they treat me with respect this time. I would be making it clear that I stay on my terms. To me that is how I read all this. I think he wants to stay but he's demanding to be respected this time. Its up to Manly admin to eat humble pie and admit it made a mistake.

MANLY MATCH TITANS DCE OFFER - Rugby League Week (The Mole 25/5/2015)

Manly have scraped, begged and borrowed – but they have come up with the $1.4 million they need to keep Daly Cherry-Evans at Brookvale in 2016.

DCE won’t consider backflipping on his massive deal with the Titans unless Manly are able to match Gold Coast’s massive deal to sign the star halfback.

Well, Manly have done it. They have raised the money to keep DCE, leaving the star halfback with a dilemma as the round 13 backflipping deadline approaches.

The landscape is changing by the day and with this latest development, those close to DCE say he is now more chance of staying at Manly than heading north.
Geez, the Mole...so he's gone then...

MANLY MATCH TITANS DCE OFFER - Rugby League Week (The Mole 25/5/2015)

Manly have scraped, begged and borrowed – but they have come up with the $1.4 million they need to keep Daly Cherry-Evans at Brookvale in 2016.

DCE won’t consider backflipping on his massive deal with the Titans unless Manly are able to match Gold Coast’s massive deal to sign the star halfback.

Well, Manly have done it. They have raised the money to keep DCE, leaving the star halfback with a dilemma as the round 13 backflipping deadline approaches.

The landscape is changing by the day and with this latest development, those close to DCE say he is now more chance of staying at Manly than heading north.

lol why would we need 2 scrape beg and borrow have we got no money? If we wanted 2 spend 1.4 (which imo is stupidity) we would have that money under the cap easy.

Fox Sports probably need to to crunch the the numbers. The TPA they have with TItans, need him to fly down every week or send out a camera crew. Which costs $$$$$

So at Manly he just needs to cross the bridge (two bridges). Therefore his Fox TPA is worth more here.

Too long a bow???

What do you care? You've been saying for ages he is gone and it's foolish for anyone to entertain the possibility of him staying!

I have said and correct me if I'm wrong he has agreed 2 go 2 the Titans and until he say's otherwise that is a fact. Nice you pay so much attention 2 my posts.
So that prevents me asking a question?

Fox Sports probably need to to crunch the the numbers. The TPA they have with TItans, need him to fly down every week or send out a camera crew. Which costs $$$$$

So at Manly he just needs to cross the bridge (two bridges). Therefore his Fox TPA is worth more here.

Too long a bow???
Still might be cheaper flying down from GC because of traffic, what time he has to go (in case Spit Bridge is up), about $80 in tolls if you go Eastern Distributor, mental anguish as a result of being a northern beaches resident and crossing the bridge, etc...

Pretty sad, isn't it, when a lot of our energies are going into worrying about ways to get an already extremely well paid young man (for his age) get more money for doing something he originally chose to do for the love of it? It's not just him, of course. But most discussions about RL these days centres on money.
Players are getting more each year, yet the average Australian worker is flat-lining.

Pretty sad, isn't it, when a lot of our energies are going into worrying about ways to get an already extremely well paid young man (for his age) get more money for doing something he originally chose to do for the love of it? It's not just him, of course. But most discussions about RL these days centres on money.
Players are getting more each year, yet the average Australian worker is flat-lining.
You'd be insane to own a club. At least if you own say a law firm or an architecture firm and you hire a hotshot, you know that his or her performance is not overly reliant on colleagues or staying injury free. But a rugby league club? Nightmare!

I 100% agree with the club doing all they can to keep DCE and i applaud the club for doing all they can to keep him and i hope he does stay.

But spending 1.4m per season on one player just makes me feel a lil uncomfortable for some reason
The cap will go up tomorrow
So you got to hang on 'til tomorrow, come what may!
Tomorrow, tomorrow, so much cap space tomorrow
You're only a day away

I 100% agree with the club doing all they can to keep DCE and i applaud the club for doing all they can to keep him and i hope he does stay.

But spending 1.4m per season on one player just makes me feel a lil uncomfortable for some reason
I can understand your initial concern, but the cap is increasing all the time, and quality halves in the modern game are rare as hens teeth. When you consider Hodkinson can attrack 700k on the open market and all he does his kick field goals, you can see how DCE is probably worth 1.4m; not to mention 400k of that figure is probably not included under the cap.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8