• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Lol, be nice if we were arguing the same topic... Whats foran leaving and dce's forced from the club saga have to do with him holding a gun to the clubs head in 2012??? Fact is, in 2010 his manager shopped him around and no one wanted him...manly gave him a contract above what other rookies were on.. The CLUB wins a gf in 2011 and not even half way thru 2012 his manager and he threaten to walk out if hes not instantly upgraded to 500k... Thats classless pal, and has sweet f$@k all to do with the foran situation or the dce backflip of 2015

I'm trying to show that DCE has been straight up all along. Others havent. You may not like what DCE pushed to get an improved contract, but he did it all in the open. I respect that. Others werent so honourable.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
But you may recall Manly found they didnt have the funds to pay DCE and Foran the big bucks they were by then demanding in 2015. DCE was offered a decent contract around $750 thousand a year I believe, thought about it and then Manly withdrew the offer and offered Foran the big bucks. DCE signed with the Titans and then unexpectedly Foran signed with Parra to join Watmough. DCE was not offered the contract he's now on to break the Titan's contract until about May and signed in June 2015, which was well after Watmough, Foran and Glenn Stewart had left the club

Every man and his dog other than Manly's management team seemed to know that Foran was going to join Choc at doesn't-matta.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
And Foran? Wasnt it at that time Foran who was speaking with Hasler about moving to Canterbury for $650 thousand and Manly having to almost match that figure to ensure he stayed. If it was just about salaries why was Foran given the right of passage for about the same if not more than DCE was asking for. Like I said, it was more than money involved in this matter

That's one thing I never got. Both Foran and DCE were looking at contract upgrades, but while Cherry was copping heat from all and sundry for it, no one seemed to bat an eyelid about Foran asking for more money.

And when it came time to offer Gifty a contract, all of the blame for the club not having the money was placed on DCE's shoulders.

OK, I kinda get it. One player was close to the so-called senior clique who were threatened to be torn apart by all this (and ultimately were), and they in turn were close to a family member of the Penn's......the other wasn't. Guess which one wasn't.

Ryan

Journey Man
The myth of these pay cuts is just that. :nod:
Manly backended the clique's deals and Des left before the million dollar payouts became due :mad:
Choc had a 900k final year contract, when most top forwards were 300k.
Delaying monies can hardly be termed a sacrifice :shake:

Those senior players put their friends above the Team, just like Chez did - that's the nature of professional sport @:cool:

That's what the media told you about Choc's contract, and I can tell you with 100% certainty it wasn't true. I had a fax machine back then, and my number must have been very close to Manly's, and I received a copy of his contract. I phoned Wayne Honeywood (forget the guys name at the time) to tell him about it. I showed a few people (like Dan) the cover of it, to show the legitimacy of it all.

I didn't share the contents of the contract, as I promised the club. But I CAN tell you, those numbers are way, way off the mark, and the contract purpose was a renegotiation to a lower amount, so that the club could fit more players in the team. Choc was taking a personal hit $$$ wise for the betterment of the overall team.

People should consider that if/when they want to rip him for his attitude.

hozza

Bencher
Sh!ts me no end how some on here have absolutely no respect for some of our past players from a golden era in Manlys history. The so called Clique of Foran, Choc, Stewart bros, Matai, Lyon, kite ect were absolute guns in there prime! Tore shreds off opposing teams week in week out!! Teams feared us, and there is Absolutely no fu$king doubt they took unders to stay together.

Did it end well? No it didn’t, but that often happens in great teams. But I for one will always remember how awesome they were, in what was a GOLDEN era for this great club. I will be forever grateful I got to witness it. The Clique pfffffffft , more like fu$king legends..........

fLIP

UFO Hunter
From the mouth of his mother, Keiran took less money to stay with Manly over the Bulldogs because he felt he owed it to the fans who showed him so much support.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Sh!ts me no end how some on here have absolutely no respect for some of our past players from a golden era in Manlys history. The so called Clique of Foran, Choc, Stewart bros, Matai, Lyon, kite ect were absolute guns in there prime! Tore shreds off opposing teams week in week out!! Teams feared us, and there is Absolutely no fu$king doubt they took unders to stay together.

Did it end well? No it didn’t, but that often happens in great teams. But I for one will always remember how awesome they were, in what was a GOLDEN era for this great club. I will be forever grateful I got to witness it. The Clique pfffffffft , more like fu$king legends..........

Hey at no time was I criticising those players for their performances and I did say that I liked them. And yes they took unders at times but many with back ended gold mines. I am particularly sad for Brett Stewart for what he went through and have in the past been most critical of the League and media for their action against him. And he lost a fortune just to defend himself for something he did not do.

But lets not forget they are human with human foibles. They arent perfect. Some of the things Watmough said of the club after he left were potent. And Foran's activities demonstrate a person with psychological issues, and that has been confirmed. The point I was making was to counter the negative comments made at DCE for issues that are in fact quite common and accepted in the game. But he was targeted and reportedly on the outer with several players who obviously got their noses out of joint. DCE may have been undiplomatic with how he handled some issues, but putting the boot into someone who has become the leading light in the side is unwarranted.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
ben ikin on nrl 360 gave dce a good wrap and also said that the Manly club has faced more adversity than any other club in Australia.

EaglesDontTweet

Bencher
Premium Member
Just flicking through MSN stories and this story on "Australia's most expensive things" with DCE's picture came up. Reading through it I can't find anything about DCE. Bizarre!
Link to page: https://www.msn.com/en-au/?AR=10
and specific story link: https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/photos/most-expensive-things-in-australia/ss-BBJRCJX?li=AAgfYrC
Ausmostexpensivethings.JPG

Steve76

Reserve Grader
Cherry Evans. Doesn’t take the field goal when he had plenty of time. Then knocks on. Then kicks out on the full. Barrett needs to grow a pair and drop him.

don't waste your time effnic..
way too many people on the site thinks the sun shines from DCEs arse.
He is the most inept game manager in the game and he's on a million dollars.
Throw in the fact we have had about 15 line drop outs forced on us in 3 weeks and he cannot do 1.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
13 7 6 133 14
12 6 6 77 14
13 7 6 4 14