• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

lsz

First Grader
Staff member

HappilyManly

Journey Man
The interview should be watched by all young players IMO.

Whilst Chez's bullying was aided by some Staff who wanted to keep the aging core group, this kind of intimidation would be happening to lots of young players that are promoted to NRL level :cool:

Great take away is to back yourself and take the bullying with a grain of salt :wait:

It seems that it is still painful for him to talk about. Not exactly sure what really happened between the group back then but glad Chez has moved on and really matured.

manly al

First Grader
It seems that it is still painful for him to talk about. Not exactly sure what really happened between the group back then but glad Chez has moved on and really matured.
Probably not that uncommon for an individual or a cliche to think incorrectly that they have a sense of entitlement to influence a club"s retention arrangements and so on . I know that there was an organized meeting between D C E and Choc at the time to try to reconcile some ill feeling and tension but did not seem to improve matters . Just an unfortunate occurrence that took a while to resolve but D C E seemed to handle the overall situation well and with some credibility.

*bump*

I'd rather see this thread bumped than the fiz one!

so....

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...s/news-story/d5b42457f5b63f7f73c0fc03329d3b2e

HE MIGHT have a $1m a season lifetime deal with the Sea Eagles, but after a hard day on the field, Daly Cherry-Evans likes to watch Netflix just like the rest of us.

The 29 year-old revealed he and partner, Vessa Rockliff, have the typical couple ritual of bringing on box sets together.

“We’re on Sons of Anarchy,” he said.

“We do watch it together. If I’m away on camp, Vessa has to wait.
Th
Probably not that uncommon for an individual or a cliche to think incorrectly that they have a sense of entitlement to influence a club"s retention arrangements and so on . I know that there was an organized meeting between D C E and Choc at the time to try to reconcile some ill feeling and tension but did not seem to improve matters . Just an unfortunate occurrence that took a while to resolve but D C E seemed to handle the overall situation well and with some credibility.

Watmough was a legend for us. He was a machine. His departure was an unfortunate ordeal. That said I can understand how someone like DCE was viewed as a strange creature to someone like choc.

Freagle

Bencher
I do think that DCE probably contributed to it to some level. Remember when he was in about his fifth game, and he said something at a scrum on our ten metre line at Brooky, and George Rose turned around and gave him a shove, plus a gobful? It seems pretty clear that he is a very driven and focused professional, and generally, dare I say, more intelligent than the average NRL player. Quite likely that he spoke his mind before he'd 'paid his dues' in the eyes of the hardened players ahead of him at the club...which is always going to put some noses out of joint.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
DCE is a man designed to lead. That always threatens the established leaders not just with Manly but with the Queensland cabal (Smith, Thurston and Cronk definitely set out to undermine DCE at SOO level from the start if you watch his first games at that level...he was a threat. Both Smith and Cronk are quite full of their self importance).

DCE had his ideas about the game and this young upstart was obviously trying to operate above his station of that time. They were annoyed and perhaps a little threatened by this so and so who was upsetting their comfortable pecking order. Love the players involved but quite frankly there were some big heads among them who should have shown a little more maturity. Only Lyon seemed to remain modest and have his head operating in perspective. That's what made him an excellent captain. Just hope DCE recognises the flaws of his team mates when the next standout leader rises to challenge him.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Some impressive talk there. Looking forward to seeing the walk now.

giphy.gif

Simonmyers11

First Grader
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/03/06...utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=NetworkContent

How the tough times shaped DCE
Manly captain Daly Cherry-Evans tells NRL.com's Zac Bailey how the club's player divide in 2014 helped him mature as a leader

Favorite Player. Guy is a legend! He had to deal with a lot of crap a few years ago, but he never ever stopped giving 100% on the field, was just down in confidence and almost bullied by a few of the senior players.

To come out the other side and be the captain he is today he has to be commended! Love his passion for Manly, his ultimate goal is to be remembered as the best Manly half back ever!

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
13 7 6 133 16
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16
13 6 6 27 15