• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
He said "It's imminent that Daly Cherry Evans would stay at Manly and Trent Barrett going there is a pretty sure sign". Why would Barrett coming in influence DCE? I didn't think DCE and Tooves had issues, I believed it was more so Foran.
I didn't thing tooves and dce got on at all. Some halfback thing going on.

In any case tooves is toast.

If this is all true and a whole ploy has been to bring Barrett to manly to retain cherry then this is all very concerning!

Not to mention Jason played a few lower grade games for the Sea Eagles, is a massive unit and Darcy is Manly at heart.
I vividly remember Jason Lussick when he bounced at the Steyne during those Sea Eagles/Beacon Hill playing days. He would let me in most weekends while blind/borderline blind, on my brothers fake ID. Good times. Remember when he was at the Steyne Dan?

Yep. I was perplexed by that. If all this Barrett Myles Lussick stuff is the case, we're playing a very dangerous game of player power. Hope Bozo bought himself a bloody good fire extinguisher!

DCE already has us by the balls. He's the only good half on the market.

The main reason this has turned into such a fiasco is that DCE and Foz were off contract at the same time with nobody of their quality on offer to take their place, so they could basically write their own cheque.

Fortunately for us Foz is rapidly turning into a lemon and Parra thought he was worth over a million a season. DCE though IS worth it and we should keep him if we can, even if it does mean doing this dance with the Orr brothers for a few more years yet.

Last edited:
Starting to think DCE is being treated as if he was Johnny Raper and Clive Churchill rolled into one.

On the other hand what choice do we have? Cornish Taylor, Sandow?

Lyon / Carney / Whole lot of cap space.

DCE isnt staying in my opinion, and im glad for it. The way he has made Manly management look, plus the angst and disdain he has for fans amazes me.

Give me a pro Manly player over a destabolising good player in a heartbeat.

Nik Kosef wasnt the most talented kid in the world, but his passion, work ethic, commitment and professionalism was magnetic.

have to say I think the lack of respect for tooves coaching is not just DCE. I remember watching a video last year where it was players impersonating tooves. The gist from a couple was "just tuck it under the arm and run forward, its not hard". If they're parodying him in that way (from memory it was matai) it suggests he has a simple, old school view of coaching. If I wanted to develop as a player I'd want someone a bit more innovative and IMO tooves is too caught in the past.

have to say I think the lack of respect for tooves coaching is not just DCE. I remember watching a video last year where it was players impersonating tooves. The gist from a couple was "just tuck it under the arm and run forward, its not hard". If they're parodying him in that way (from memory it was matai) it suggests he has a simple, old school view of coaching. If I wanted to develop as a player I'd want someone a bit more innovative and IMO tooves is too caught in the past.

Yeah I get that vibe too. I think a lot of our success has been residual from Hasler. Tooves is solid but if the players don't rate him as a coach then that's concerning.

DCE isnt staying in my opinion, and im glad for it. The way he has made Manly management look, plus the angst and disdain he has for fans amazes me.

Nik Kosef wasnt the most talented kid in the world, but his passion, work ethic, commitment and professionalism was magnetic.
Imagine how good Kosef would have been if he had good knees? I actually think you're underestimating his talent a bit there @Ryan , he was a very skillful player just injured all too often :(

I think DCE will stay. And whilst he's a damn good player and one of my favorites, in my opinion he's irreparably damaged his reputation and "brand" with this contract malarkey. He had the chance to become a great (and he still will be a great) but as far as I'm concerned, these shenanigans will always be remembered and every time his contract renewal is looming we (or the Tits) will have this same bullsh*t to look forward to. Yaaaay :(

I also feel that the words "malarkey" and "shenanigans" are under utilized on Silvertails, and will endeavor to slip them both into more posts ;)

Imagine how good Kosef would have been if he had good knees? I actually think you're underestimating his talent a bit there @Ryan , he was a very skillful player just injured all too often :(

I think DCE will stay. And whilst he's a damn good player and one of my favorites, in my opinion he's irreparably damaged his reputation and "brand" with this contract malarkey. He had the chance to become a great (and he still will be a great) but as far as I'm concerned, these shenanigans will always be remembered and every time his contract renewal is looming we (or the Tits) will have this same bullsh*t to look forward to. Yaaaay :(

I also feel that the words "malarkey" and "shenanigans" are under utilized on Silvertails, and will endeavor to slip them both into more posts ;)

To be fair to DCE he was also treated like a pariah by the Stewarts/Watmough/Foz old boy's club and the elements of management who are aligned with them. It seems to me that if they'd just offered him a contract that was a fair reflection of his worth as a player this whole saga could have been prevented.

The Orrs are dicks though. That can't be left unsaid.

To be fair to DCE he was also treated like a pariah by the Stewarts/Watmough/Foz old boy's club and the elements of management who are aligned with them. It seems to me that if they'd just offered him a contract that was a fair reflection of his worth as a player this whole saga could have been prevented.

The Orrs are dicks though. That can't be left unsaid.
Sadly enough who knows what actually happened? I've heard a lot of stories about split player groups, Tooves being disliked, factions within factions, contracts being offered, then pulled, then re-offered and an infinite amount of other stories that have been leaked to Weirdler and co then splashed all over the media.

Daly has come across as a slightly smug little prick who gives exactly *zero* f*cks for the fans, and unfortunately was painted as the bad guy with regards to the Gifty debacle. I think Foran should have shouldered equal blame but someone who apparently will remain both fat and Greek seemed to steer the blame Daly's way instead.

With regards to Foran, whilst I think his contractual negotiations made a negative impact on Daly's (that and certain factions seemed to favour him?) at least he's just said "I'm going, that's that". Daly's continued media circus is making Manly look amateurish and in my opinion making him look like a self entitled pray.

Signing Myles, supposedly getting lussick and trying for bird. Very reminiscent of bozo boosting manly with hard heads like tierney, Carroll and Gillespie in 94/95. Tough guys to complement junior local talent coming through.

I heard it on 'EXTREMELY GOOD AUTHORITY' that Cardinal George P will tell the truth and the whole truth @ the Sex Abuse Commission if DCE is retained at Manly. Cmon Daly, think of the children. All 40,000 of them in OZ alone

What about a Taylor/Carney combo ,I honestly don't think Lyon is up for it or even would want the 5/8 gig...

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10