The Ashes, 2023.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
What an interesting yet somewhat disappointing day for aust in the cricket (batsmen wise).

Due to time zones I am asleep for the first 2 sessions where Aust did amazingly well to get Eng out for 237 and have a slim first innings lead. All within 2 days!

Smith took 5 catches, the first time in an ashes an outfielder (or non wicket-keeper) has taken 5 catches.

Batting: It's a shame we can't rotate top order batsmen like bowlers. I mean with Broad, what's the point of having Warner bat? He fell to Broad for the 17th time.

Aust should have done better today as both Marnus and smith threw away their wickets.

Marnus played his 6th only slog sweep and got out for the third time doing it. You just have to put that one to bed Marnus, it's a ridiculous stat.

Smith then chipped one to mid -on. Warner and smith combined for this test made about 29 runs. (Warner had 5 of those).

Really, with tons of time and Aust probably wanting to bat all day tomorrow, then some, it was wasteful.

The pitch isn't doing much, Stokes isn't bowling, and neither has Robinson yet.

This test is, I feel, Australia's to lose and if they're all out tomorrow with only a lead of 200 to 250, it's going to be hard to bring this one home.

4-116 at stumps when it should have been 2 for....

Hooray, I'm going to get up early and watch the cricket!!!

"Rain delays"

Got a feeling Brook is going to fire this time, looks a very talented batsman for his age. Good finish again tho.

A win (as expected) for eng.

I don't think it would have changed the result but it would have been interesting if Carey didn't turn and run 30 metres only to drop a catch over his shoulder to make it 8 wickets down....and just have let Boland take three steps in and catch it himself.

So Eng prove they can claw a victory against a side 1 batter down (let's face it, if Broad is always going to get Warner for bugger all, warner should be dropped - they'd drop a bowler getting 0-100) and having nice batting weather against the cloudy, misty, rainy weather aust had to contend with.

That dig out of the way, Aust's batsmen as a whole, have to damn well do better!

As an aside, the Eng women beat Aust 2-1 in the t20 'section' for their ashes. Eng need to win all 3 one day games to clinch the Ashes, so Aust need to get a wriggle on.

Last night was the first real chance I’ve had to watch any of the last 2 tests

Blown away by the awful captaincy of Pat Cummins, from ball 1 of the day had boundary riders there giving away easy singles in a small chase and even right at the end when the Poms were down in single figures to win, they were still allowed to tap a couple of easy singles. And if you can’t trust yourself to bowl a spinner, then you shouldn’t pick said spinner

Not ashes related but I just saw a match, on tv with Finch, wade, and stoinis paying for the SF unicorns, beating the MI New York...

What a strange world cricket lives in.

Not ashes related but I just saw a match, on tv with Finch, wade, and stoinis paying for the SF unicorns, beating the MI New York...

What a strange world cricket lives in.
Cricket now has 20 20 Cricket comps in Aus, WI, Pakistan, England, South Africa, India and now the US...the age of the big hitters is now here. But I still like my Test Cricket tho.

Argh, here be a story...

After the initial uncertainties and curiosities about a professional league in America, MLC came clean to put up a cricketing spectacle on a frenzied opening night. MI New York and San Francisco Unicorns square off on a very hot Dallas afternoon. A game is never short of stardust when an MI franchise takes the field. MINY, arguably, are the strongest squad on paper in the league in terms of international as well as local domestic talent. MINY were the last team to come into Dallas after an extended stay in Houston, making full use of the practice facilities with most of their international signings coming off a cricketing break after the IPL.

etc

Mitchell Marsh was supposed to be playing for the Seattle Orcas but was needed for that series called the Ashes..!

Argh, here be a story...

After the initial uncertainties and curiosities about a professional league in America, MLC came clean to put up a cricketing spectacle on a frenzied opening night. MI New York and San Francisco Unicorns square off on a very hot Dallas afternoon. A game is never short of stardust when an MI franchise takes the field. MINY, arguably, are the strongest squad on paper in the league in terms of international as well as local domestic talent. MINY were the last team to come into Dallas after an extended stay in Houston, making full use of the practice facilities with most of their international signings coming off a cricketing break after the IPL.

etc

Mitchell Marsh was supposed to be playing for the Seattle Orcas but was needed for that series called the Ashes..!
The 20 20 is now a haven for a lot of the forgotten cricketers from a few yrs back, it's like a new lease on life for a lot of retired or semi retired players. I always run down the team lists to see who's been called up, I wonder if Chris Gayle got a start in this US comp?.

The Aust women have retained the ashes with a long overdue 1 day win giving them an 8-6 lead with one game to go.

If Eng win points will be 8-8 so aust will retain.

Must admit, (from an aussie point of view) it's been super frustrating to see Aust go 6 -0 up only to lose the next 3 games in a row, considering they hadn't lost anything in about 3 years.

One of England top 5 players must surely be "Australian extras"

You may remember Corey Anderson that played for NZ, broke the record for fastest ODI ton etc. He qualified to play for USA next year

Was a blast from the past in one game where I saw an Anwar and Jayasuriya playing in it

I also quite enjoyed this effort from Damon Heta this morning, the crowd didn’t like it though haha

corey anderson article:

-and for those those don't know who Heta is...

Damon Heta was booed and jeered after mocking England cricket fans - but insisted he only had banter in mind.

The Australian darts pro took on Josh Rock in his first-round contest at the World Matchplay on Sunday (July 16) and wore the famous baggy green Ashes cap while carrying a plastic cricket bat during his walk-on.

Fans began to react after his usual tune of We Will Rock You by Queen was changed to I Don't Like Cricket, I Love It by Dreadlock Holiday, despite Australia's lead being cut to one after losing the third Test at Headingley.

To add to the fan anger, Heta then mocked Jonny Bairstow by leaving his bat inside an imaginary crease, after the infamous stumping at Lord's.

Looking forward to the distraction from footy/manly that the ashes provides. I just hope we maintain our stellar record at Old Trafford. 🤞

Looking forward to the distraction from footy/manly that the ashes provides. I just hope we maintain our stellar record at Old Trafford. 🤞

Lots of rain forecast so a draw will do us but love to beat the soap dodgers 3-1 or even better 4-1 rub their noses in it.

With the Aussie women retaining the ashes this morning.....

strap yerselves in ladies and gents as the 4th test (men) gets underway in about 6 hours time.

Aust going without a spinner for the first time in 11 years.

Rain predicted...

will bazball bazball enough to get the runs on the board? Will woods take a heap 'o wickets.

Will warner repay the blind faith, and I mean blind faith by getting into double figures?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8