The Ashes, 2023.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I’m loving some of these memes. 👏🏻

Attachments

• IMG_6620.jpeg
    IMG_6620.jpeg
    60.8 KB · Views: 21
Game three in about 4 hours time.

Could / should be a cracker.

Eng have picked a couple of faster bowlers, Ali is back spinning and no doubt the pitch will be tailor made to bat on...and on....

The first two tests haven't been flogging by Aust, and we are without Lyon, so hopefully they are fully focused otherwise they'll be on the back foot (again).

I'm hoping that the players are safe and the crowd don't get too feral. Like always, I'd expect some too, but hopefully there's no personal abuse and nothing physical.

I've enjoyed the closeness of the first two tests, but I really hope, that for this one, we win by an innings and 200+ runs!!!

Game three in about 4 hours time.

Could / should be a cracker.

Eng have picked a couple of faster bowlers, Ali is back spinning and no doubt the pitch will be tailor made to bat on...and on....

The first two tests haven't been flogging by Aust, and we are without Lyon, so hopefully they are fully focused otherwise they'll be on the back foot (again).

I'm hoping that the players are safe and the crowd don't get too feral. Like always, I'd expect some too, but hopefully there's no personal abuse and nothing physical.

I've enjoyed the closeness of the first two tests, but I really hope, that for this one, we win by an innings and 200+ runs!!!
There's a lot to like about this English team from an Aussie perspective

Brook at 3 - hasn't done well at 3 and will be pinged with the bounce

Wood - his elbow is still a question

Ali - I guarantee his finger opens up again

Stoakes - looked absolutely wrecked in the press conference yesterday

Broad - I just am happy to see that smug fool lose again

well, except for an amazing century by mitch marsh and a 60 from Head, not much to crow about from aust.

All out 260 and losing 6 for 23!!!! Not good enough.
Even more disappointing as Robinson was off the field, stokes not bowling, woakes doing stuff all. Basically threw the ball to wood, and the aussies couldn't get wood on ball.

In another non shock, eng win the toss and the cricket goods give them an overcast day. Plus that's one green pitch.

Crowd predictably feral, but I wouldn't expect anything less.

Disappointing innings by aust as a team.

Now I get to see 30 overs or so of near misses, nicks going to four, sprinkles with the occasional cricket shot.

You know what gets me is as exciting as some elements of Bazball are the whole idea that test cricket can be saved by it is a bit of a joke.

When you put quality teams together there are series like this. The issue is there are only really three teams who can compete who, coincidentally, are the richest nations.

Funny that

You know what gets me is as exciting as some elements of Bazball are the whole idea that test cricket can be saved by it is a bit of a joke.

When you put quality teams together there are series like this. The issue is there are only really three teams who can compete who, coincidentally, are the richest nations.

Funny that
I actually don't think test cricket needs 'saving' at all. I still think it's the most interesting form of cricket by far. And yeah it'd be nice to have a few more 'top' teams but I'd argue NZ and Sth Africa are more than competitive on their day. But yes, this series has been a stand out so far - especially because we're winning and the poms are crying.

Probably a few more twists and turns to come but aussies doing well so far, England in disarray and Stokes limping badly.
Luckily they have the spirit of cricket to warm their hearts @:D

Eng all out for 237...!

Warner out to Broad for 1

aust 1-26 in reply

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10