Taufua or Whare?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

stoodamire

Bencher
Guys and girls,

Business end of the season soon. Looks like we'll get our full strength squad soon (hopefully i didn't jinx it) and make a strong charge towards the top 4.

Wolfy will occupy the right side with Gift, Chez and Killer.

Who hangs with Foran, Matai and T-Rex?

Taufua gives us great metres out of our end. Whare seems to have more silky skills and actually jumps for the bomb.

I know some people like Ryan will say Taufua because Whare is leaving next season, but i feel we should field the best 17 available each week.

I'd personally go with Whare because he seems more polished and not too bad under the high ball.

Thoughts?

I'll stay true to form and Say Taufua. I know Whare has decent reasons for leaving but he is leaving. Why not use and give finals experience to the bloke who is staying if it will benefit us in the long term?

For mine, I think overall that Whare is a better overall player but Tafua is a winger and has been doing a fair job there.

Whare got caught out last week defending way too far in, he was basically standing on Jamie Lyon's heels, he is too much of a natural centre

We knew Hoppa Jnr was not going to play with us for two years last year yet we had no problem playing him- shouldn't be used in the equation as to who should play. Whare's advantage over Jorge is that he could shift, if required, to fullback or centre during a match- I don't know if Jorge has this ability.

This question is not a serious one. Whare is faster, better defensively, high balls, more flexible and is better positioning himself generally.

Its due to injuries that JT has not already been relegated to the bench.

Vyssini said:
We knew Hoppa Jnr was not going to play with us for two years last year yet we had no problem playing him- shouldn't be used in the equation as to who should play.

It wasn't confirmed until after the grand final. Not that I think it should come into it, just like to see the facts.

Bradza said:
Vyssini said:
We knew Hoppa Jnr was not going to play with us for two years last year yet we had no problem playing him- shouldn't be used in the equation as to who should play.

It wasn't confirmed until after the grand final. Not that I think it should come into it, just like to see the facts.

Sorry Bradza, but Hoppa had announced that he was doing the ministry much earlier in the year.

Vyssini said:
We knew Hoppa Jnr was not going to play with us for two years last year yet we had no problem playing him- shouldn't be used in the equation as to who should play. Whare's advantage over Jorge is that he could shift, if required, to fullback or centre during a match- I don't know if Jorge has this ability.

Neither are in Hoppa jnrs class. Whatever is a better player atm but is leaving so I give it to the loyal guys. Tafua will only benefit from the experience.

I wouldn't say Whare isn't loyal, he obviously knew he wasn't going to get a start behind Lyon and Matai.

I like Jorge, he carts the ball up well and gets good metres.

Has me worried in defence though, has a slower turning circle than the Queen Mary and must have weights in his boots.

Lots of our points have seem to be conceded via kicks this season.

Taufua, i like him

He makes great yards and is good with the ball in hand.

He has some work to do under the high ball but he is progressing well

Geoff will pick his best 17 each week. He obviously has wraps on Taufua so maybe he will edge out Whare when Wolfy is back.

TAFUA

Its his 1st season. Compare that with Whare's first season and you can see Tafua has more talent.

Tafua will need to improve contesting for "Bombs" though ....oops terminology from the Johnny Peard era, for those old enough to remember.

Form wise i say Whare, but as stated earlier on first year potential i believe Tafua is far more talented.

Hoping he continues his improvement.

Doesn't matter if a player is leaving or not, you put your best 17 on the field every week.
Whare IMO, Jorge will get his chances.

Both have had great seasons and should be proud of the way they have played this year.

Tafua has held down the spot pretty much all season, I'd say that indicates something. The 'giving someone finals experience' argument would make Toovey laugh. The best thing for this club is to win as often as we can.

Anyhow, Jorge is only young and still learning.Toovey will probably start teaching him to leap over the next week or two. Good to have the choice though.

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9