Taufua or Whare?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I can see Taufua getting better each week, once he improves under the highball we will have one of the best wingers in the comp imo.

If Brett Stewart signed with another side, are we going to replace him with Busby because Busby will be here next year? Please, laughable argument. Aren't we fans because we want to see our side win games, and Premierships? Pick the best side ffs, it's obvious.

If you think that's Taufua, then fair enough. But saying pick Taufua solely because he's here next year makes it look like you're 8 years of age.

Hasn't Tooves already made this decision? From memory last time Wolfman was available he chose to leave out Whare. Since that time I think Jorge has only gotten better and if Tooves had him in front at that point in time I don't think Whare has over taken him with performances since.

Vyssini said:
Bradza said:
Vyssini said:
We knew Hoppa Jnr was not going to play with us for two years last year yet we had no problem playing him- shouldn't be used in the equation as to who should play.

It wasn't confirmed until after the grand final. Not that I think it should come into it, just like to see the facts.

Sorry Bradza, but Hoppa had announced that he was doing the ministry much earlier in the year.

Got me! I'll shut up now if you'll you admit you're wrong about the stupid mid year transfer salary cap argument!

Volley said:
If Brett Stewart signed with another side, are we going to replace him with Busby because Busby will be here next year? Please, laughable argument. Aren't we fans because we want to see our side win games, and Premierships? Pick the best side ffs, it's obvious.

If you think that's Taufua, then fair enough. But saying pick Taufua solely because he's here next year makes it look like you're 8 years of age.

Brett Stewart is a club legend who is lightyears ahead of any other fullback in the club. Dean Whare is still a rookie who is more than comparable to several other players in the club. Whare can be replaced, Stewart cannot.

Taufua has kept his spot all season and Whare has been used to patch up holes. There is a reason Taufua was re signed and Whare was not.

Elvis Presley said:
Its his 1st season. Compare that with Whare's first season and you can see Tafua has more talent.

Really? Whare scored a hat-trick on début against the Cowboys?

If we lose Brett we will be in big trouble. Our only saving grace could be UK fullback or a rookie from another club looking for a chance. It would give us 400k to sign someone but it won't be good enough.

simon_eagle said:
Elvis Presley said:
Its his 1st season. Compare that with Whare's first season and you can see Tafua has more talent.

Really? Whare scored a hat-trick on début against the Cowboys?

And then went on to play a massive 4 games that year and 1 last year.

At this stage Whare is superior in every aspect of wing play with the exception of breaking tackles.

The Who said:
At this stage Whare is superior in every aspect of wing play with the exception of breaking tackles.

I would think this would translate to better metres gained per game for Taufau but don't know for certain. Anyone know the metre eater numbers for these 2 boys?

Played
Whare -12
Taufua - 11

Tries
Whare - 5
Taufua - 3

All Runs
Whare - 145
Taufua - 153

All Run Metres
Whare - 1304
Taufua - 1368

Line Breaks
Whare - 7
Taufua - 7

Offloads
Whare - 9
Taufua - 3

Takles
Whare - 76
Taufua - 32

Missed Tackles
Whare - 22
Taufua - 9

Errors
Whare - 8
Taufua - 9

Take from that what you will, most are pretty close

Hate to say it, but with poor old Wolfy's injury record this may well be a moot debate.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6