1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Support Geoff Toovey

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by COMMANDER, Mar 7, 2015.

1. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    Would be great to see the fans get out to Brookvale next Saturday and voice their support for our club legend and coach Geoff Toovey.

Forget about DCE and Foran bashing, let the club know that you love and support this Manly Great and get behind him and the the team.

Make some banners and head to the game and make some noise in support of Tooves.

• Like Like x 17
  2. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,098 / 286
    Would be nice if Toovey could restructure the way we defend, improve the squad's overall attitude, and get our forwards working better / harder. Toovey has lost 11 of his last 13 games. MOST coaches would be concerned at these types of results.

• Like Like x 3
  3. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    Think there's a lot happening outside of his control Ryan. This is a team off the rails ATM but 95% isn't due to him.

• Like Like x 5
  4. mjb136

mjb136 MWSE fanatic Premium Member

sydney
    Ratings:
    +1,462 / 32
    What a **** situation for the great Tooves.

Support him 100%.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,697 / 27
    I just posted on another thread, if he is the coach going forward...great!! If not treat him with respect! That's one thing that will get me seriously offside is if he is just shafted.

• Like Like x 5
  6. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    I'll be there as per usual supporting Manly - loud and proud :inlove:

Am totally mystified about the hatred for Chez, probably a sense of rejection being felt by some.
    He came to Manly by approaching every Club on the way to get a contract.
    The fact that he did the same this time around too, is in keeping with his past.
    The timing is a result of his commitments to the Four Nations and the Nines and the 1st November Free Agency start date IMO.

I don't correlate his retention with the release of Gifty at all.
    Foz is also on the books and his share of the Cap is somehow discounted from Gifty's retention monies !? We have also signed and re-signed Burgess, Matai, Tommy, Buhrer etc since Gifty left.

Doubling ones income is a sane thing to do, having done it myself. Especially in a profession where your physical being is damaged with every game.:nod:

And if ever there was a time for Foz to state his Club preference, it was last night when he mentioned the 'process'@:cool: His indecision is weighing on him heavily. The hammy may sideline him longer than normal, but it does gives him time to sign something/somewhere soon.:memo:

So I'll keep cheering Chez&Foz on whilst they wear the maroon and white :clap:

Regarding 2V, he may welcome a payout and being flicked. The poor bugger looked absolutely emotionally drained last night :angel:
    But woe betide the person that flicks him :mad: It can only be on 2v's terms or Membership numbers from 2016 will be decimated.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Red Pill

Red Pill Optimist & Troll Inquisitor

Ratings:
    +431 / 15
    Fully agree! Well said!

• Like Like x 1
  8. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
  9. Red Pill

Red Pill Optimist & Troll Inquisitor

Ratings:
    +431 / 15
    Agree we should be concerned! Continuing to dwell on all the negatives won't help either. Manly have been belted in the media for quite sometime and it has certainly had an impact. Fans need to get behind the club.
    I actually think we technically beat the dogs in that qualifier last year without many key players. It was one of few games I was still happy/ proud after losing! It was a gutsy backs to the wall comeback. We also did it with underrated forward pack.
    PS. I think Foran will stay!

• Like Like x 1
  10. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    As for Tooves, I think he has shown himself to be an able coach. Frequently though circumstances and timing can play a part, but whatever happens I can't see his club legend status ever being under threat.

11. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,098 / 286
    I hope so to, but if he doesn't - meh, there are plenty more options out there. We just need his decision asap.

12. Bird of Prey

Bird of Prey Active Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 13
    Champion player BUT I will swim against the tide . The club will make that call and great players dont always great coaches. What he has done for the team and the club in the situation he was tossed into has been terrific , time will tell if he has his own questions to answer in this whole mess. Whatever happens the club needs to handle the situation with a bit of class if changes are to happen.

13. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    [​IMG]
    and it would appear that Tooves has been made that scapegoat by quite a few of the posters on Silvertails. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  14. Bird of Prey

Bird of Prey Active Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 13
    Not a scape goat everyone should be accountable including the coach , players and management . Hopefully we will bunker down make the right decisions in all areas and in a short period of time get back to being the club we love and follow.

• Like Like x 1
  15. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    I will be there early to watch our up and coming juniors who are the future. As a fan I support the team and love the individuals who play in it.

I am not going to boo any players, they make their decisions and painful as it is we gotta move on from it all.

Toovey deserves great support because he has been the bandaid that has tried to cover the gaping wound that Hasler left us with, he is a club legend and the boys that do want to be in the team need to get out there and have a red hot crack against the drizzle next Saturday.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Aussie Battler

Aussie Battler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +212 / 0
    You have made a lot of sense HM, at a time when there isn't a lot of it. Of all the parties involved only Tooves can hold his head high. Only true believers like myself would have played for Manly for unders / free, however due to a distinct lack of ability and talent, that opportunity was never afforded me !

17. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,469 / 80
    I don't think he has. He's ridden on a Hasler team for a few good years. Now there is a little left of the gun team he was gifted. His time is now. Sink or swim. I hope he swims.

18. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,647 / 66
    Starling is injured and most have moved on from hasson...

19. Ramrod

Ramrod Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 2
    Toovey will always have my support.
    He never betrayed us.
    He never left us.
    He is always there for us.
    Toovey is Manly through and through.
    Fans' Payback Time = Time for us to be there for him.
    -

• Like Like x 5
  20. 10yr dominance

10yr dominance Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    Toovey will be gone within 4 weeks if he doesn't win at least 3out of next 4 , possibly to be replaced by an ex rep player who has never played at manly