Support Geoff Toovey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'd never go to the "Psychic Coffee Bean", the café where all the clairvoyeur's hangout. They're the people that read your mind when no one is looking.

Toovey will be gone within 4 weeks if he doesn't win at least 3out of next 4 , possibly to be replaced by an ex rep player who has never played at manly

The thread is called "Support Geoff Toovey". Not "Unqualified Rumours about Geoff Toovey's ongoing employment with the Sea Eagles."

What's happened to the management of the club? Since the Penns took over what's changed?
Joe Kelly has done **** all.

The common denominator over the years in all this **** has been a pie eating greek.

I actually think the board owes Tooves big time at the moment. Anything less than 100% support for the term of his contract would really test my patience as a supporter.

Toovey either has to be given a free hand to rebuild the team which will take a few year or let go early.

You can't have the board picking the team and buying players the coach doesn't want or doesn't think will fit in.

He either has the confidence of the owners or he doesn't.

Toovey will be gone within 4 weeks if he doesn't win at least 3out of next 4 , possibly to be replaced by an ex rep player who has never played at manly

No you will be gone if we win 3 out of the next 4 games trolls only pop in 2 the forum when teams are losing.

Obviously there is communication problems with Kelly and Toovey

i.e Toovey not being told about DCE contract withdrawal.

IMO The board must have known as well, so I think Toovey is being white anted.
Either way it will come to a head and the coach will be sacked of forced to walk.

Obviously there is communication problems with Kelly and Toovey

i.e Toovey not being told about DCE contract withdrawal.

IMO The board must have known as well, so I think Toovey is being white anted.
Either way it will come to a head and the coach will be sacked of forced to walk.

I agree with all that but I think he will see out the season (I hope) but things are moving quickly.

I grew up as a young fella idolising Tooves. For me he is Manly and I'll always support him. I'm under no illusions that coaching is cut throat and some brilliant players don't make great coaches, but I just want to see Geoff given the respect he deserves.
Took the words right out of my mouth. I don't have the first idea how the little bloke goes as a coach. I am under no delusion. Coaching is a tough gig. Communication skills speaking to players being a man manager. I don't know what are toov's weak points and strengths. Media articles saying he is inline for the chop, because he is old school, and his idea of a strategy is run hard.

But it is impossible to say Tooves hasn't got results the last 3 years. We've been 20 minutes away from winning a grand final and a game or two away from making the big day every other year.

I think of all the instability the last couple years from a loss to Melbourne when there were reports head office told Kite he wasn't wanted which brought down team moral at finals and influenced that ko. To last year and a board making DCE and Foz our future as opposed to Gift and Choc. Still one game off being minor premiers.

The Penn's have brought in more resources to head office this year. Perhaps Tooves does need more support around him, a technical coach or man manager as an assistant if the little bloke has some things to learn.

But at the moment I would have thought Tooves is still the only thing connecting new owner with a new vision, the club's identity - history, and us fans who pay the way.....all together.

Long Live Toov's. To me the little bloke seems to have done a brilliant job under very difficult times the last few years. No one in the game deserves more respect. When the chips are down. And they are at the moment with all the crap going on. It's our club and it's time to band together.

Toov's is the bloke that kept this ship afloat when Des left. He supported us by stepping in and stopped the ship sinking back then. Brookvale next Saturday. Let's get the banners and chants supporting toov's going. If your a fan.......silvertails, well now the roles are reversed. It's time we show our support for Toov's.

WhaT a load of s*#t we came minor premiers for f*#k sake last year and everyone is paying overs for our players how do you blame Toovey for that. You would think that we finished below parra from the comments on this site

Legend. I think best said from an ex player we once all knew.
''Tooves held this club together,'' back-rower Anthony Watmough says. ''He's been the glue that kept this club together."

You make a good point Cliffy - Geoff serves as a reminder of why Manly has been so successful for such a sizeable chunk of its history. That is we promote coaches from our ranks of former players. When they deviate away from that, don't expect too much success.

Let's hope we are not about to see another step along the path from 'club that became successful from within', to sporting franchise - and all that that could imply.

In Tooves we (should) trust!

Look at the last three years and his achievements considering what he has had to endure and now with DCE gone and potentially Foz too. Look a the highlights of him and DCE in the middle of P'matta stadium, his facial expressions, a man, a leader with the world on his shoulders. He's tough just like he was as a player. I will always remember Chief saying the toughest man he ever played agains was Toovey.

I whole heartedly support Tooves..
I don't however support Joke Kelly or the Penn's. The sooner they are gone the happier the club will be

Once you've lost the sheds, as a coach you're done. He lost them at the back end of last year and hasn't got them back. Fans demanded Tooves be given a chance. He's had one. A caretaker coach would do no worse than these last two weeks.

The Problem is, what if that rotten core don't respect the new Coach?:cool:

As Arko said last year when there was that article on Exodus, Players are not the ones who call the shots off the field. Poor bugger must be aching more than we are at this collapse of Manly :(

The Penn's are the Board - they need to sit down and read the riot act to every contracted Player - tonight! :punch:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4