Super League grand final punch up (video)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bet it didn't feel like one.

His head was against the ground so he copped the full force of it. You can not absorb it whatsoever because your head is against a hard surface.

COMMANDER said:
Just gave him a bit of chin music.

The WWE and Shawn Michaels will sue for copyright :p

Seriously though, elbow from Hohia or not, Flower deserved to be sent. Maybe not for the first punch, but definitely for the MMA style hit he gave when the Kiwi was on the ground.

Loobs said:
wombatgc said:
Loobs said:
If you're pissed off on the field, next time he touches he ball line him up and put the shoulder in, lay him out within the rules. Throwing punches is the dog way to get square...

Can't put the shoulder in, they play dead, and you get penalised. I'll never be convinced otherwise that a good smack in the mouth when needed can have the desired effect of negating the constant niggle, and the wrestle-mania that goes on now.

Getting penalised is better than being sent off and probably banned for a considerable amount of time.

Lot of tough talk on here though but the fact is society as whole doesn't tolerate this kind of rubbish any more and nor should it. Football is football. It's a sporting contest for entertainment not an arena to commit assaults under the guise of "get square". The real problem is the refs missing the elbow. LH should have been binned for that and the whole thing is square. King hitting people is not what league should be about...

Mate you may as well talk to a brick wall, if it's the PC spiel your trotting out. I've never been one to follow the herd, and I'm too old to start now. Society will eventually ruin Rugby League as we know (knew) it. Then you'll all be happy.:(

EagleFromMay1967 said:
MWSE should throw everything and the kitchen sink to get this guy :) i mean punch a couple 'o ppl out if necessary

It's pension day up here tomorrow..I'll get 'em then.:p...how does it relate to getting Bad Benny?...ahh doesn't matter, these oldies have been asking for it...:blush:

Loobs said:
wombatgc said:
Loobs said:
If you're pissed off on the field, next time he touches he ball line him up and put the shoulder in, lay him out within the rules. Throwing punches is the dog way to get square...

Can't put the shoulder in, they play dead, and you get penalised. I'll never be convinced otherwise that a good smack in the mouth when needed can have the desired effect of negating the constant niggle, and the wrestle-mania that goes on now.

Lot of tough talk on here though but the fact is society as whole doesn't tolerate this kind of rubbish any more and nor should it. Football is football. It's a sporting contest for entertainment not an arena to commit assaults under the guise of "get square".

Not tough talk at all. If everything you believe is something you're supposed to believe, could that possibly be a coincidence? Odds are it isn't. Odds are you just think whatever you're told.

wombatgc said:
Loobs said:
wombatgc said:
Loobs said:

Lot of tough talk on here though but the fact is society as whole doesn't tolerate this kind of rubbish any more and nor should it. Football is football. It's a sporting contest for entertainment not an arena to commit assaults under the guise of "get square".

Not tough talk at all. If everything you believe is something you're supposed to believe, could that possibly be a coincidence? Odds are it isn't. Odds are you just think whatever you're told.

So the two punches were a false flag, presumably planted by a secret cabal of league illuminati to what? Help remove fighting from the game?

So sayeth the tinfoil hat brigade (I'll be quiet now because THEY are listening...)

Flower punch proof we need biff ban: NRL

NRL chairman John Grant says Ben Flower's brutal attack on Lance Hohaia in the Super League grand final is proof that the NRL's 'one punch and you are off' edict is necessary.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/flower-punch-proof-we-need-biff-ban-nrl-20141014-3hzpp.html

Yeah 100% John. Sure. Because what Flower did happened in the NRL how many times before the NRL's dumb over reactive new sinbin rule? [crickets....]

How about commenting on the elbow not the punch.
NRL - not really logical, no real lore.

It appears he got 6 months.

I think that's a joke too long.

To put it into perspective - there was no permanent damage like a broken neck or back it was a punch.

So after saying that 7 weeks max.

Daddycool08 said:

To put it into perspective - there was no permanent damage like a broken neck or back it was a punch.

If it's 6 calendar months from now then that probably works out to be around 7 weeks of their season...

Loobs said:
Daddycool08 said:

If it's 6 calendar months from now then that probably works out to be around 7 weeks of their season...

Its six calendar months, so i think he misses 10 weeks of next season, plus anything hew was eligible for during the off season

They should dump him. In 6 months NRL will be just be getting fired up again. :) Manly need someone of his physical presence.

Was the punch he delivered to the man lying flat on his back soooo much worse than what Cam Smith did to poor Matty Ballin lying flat on the ground, coping repeated elbows to the face ? :mad:

manlyfan76 said:
How about commenting on the elbow not the punch.
NRL - not really logical, no real lore.

NRL is now just like AFL.

The sneaky off the ball rubbish that is too subtle for your Aunt Beccy to see, but does more damage than a punch, that is ok.

Instead the outright toe to toe manly stuff is now a bad example to the kiddies and is now banned.

Brissie Kid said:
Flower punch proof we need biff ban: NRL

NRL chairman John Grant says Ben Flower's brutal attack on Lance Hohaia in the Super League grand final is proof that the NRL's 'one punch and you are off' edict is necessary.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/flower-punch-proof-we-need-biff-ban-nrl-20141014-3hzpp.html

Yeah 100% John. Sure. Because what Flower did happened in the NRL how many times before the NRL's dumb over reactive new sinbin rule? [crickets....]

"2 punches and your off" would have worked equally well in this case.

So i sit down this morning in my East London coffee shop. I have a sip of coffee, open The Sun, turn to have a look at the page 3 titty girl, then immediately go to the sport pages and i see - "Rugby League Shamed". Even in England league cant avoid standard headlines like this lol.

It also says that the Roosters are going to sign someone called Joe Burgess.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8