1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Super League grand final punch up (video)

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Brissie Kid, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +829 / 10
    Well this will kill off whatever chance there was of punches staying in league. The NRL and Telegraph will go into hysterical mode after this, especially if he stays in the England 4N squad.

Probably wrong to call this a punch up. Just one player dishing it out. The 2nd punch is a disgrace.

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/b3UByo-4S2M[/video]

2. winnyason

winnyason Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +508 / 37
    Dog shot of the worst kind, he is welsh and will no doubt miss all there matches.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +829 / 10
    The Sydney media that pretends rugby league doesn't exist outside of the NRL have put this on the front of their websites. http://www.smh.com.au/

4. wombatgc

wombatgc Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +2,488 / 42
    I can look past the first hit, and the second, in fact, seeing as Ben probably won't be playing for a while over there...welcome to Manly Ben...strike while the irons hot (or in Bens case when your opponents flat on his back:p)
    Ben Flowers and Big Willie....noicccce!:)

5. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,357 / 111
    He should have just head butted him.

6. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,851 / 192
    We need some punch in our pack . :)

7. jbb/james

jbb/james Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +885 / 21
    Highlights the difference between the two comps. In the nrl, flower would have lay down after the elbow and got a penalty try, 2 buckets of kfc, and a bonus fron channel 9 for allowing another ad in the interuption in play. In the superleague they sent him off for retaliation. Not sure which i dislike most

• Like Like x 3
  8. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,755 / 57
    Hihohiho got what he deserved. He went after Flower with an elbow and got smashed. Shouldn't have been sent off.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Daveagle

Daveagle Well-Known Member

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    The 2nd punch was that of a dog, nothing at all to be proud of . Another black eye for Rugby League.

• Like Like x 1
  10. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    Just gave him a bit of chin music.

11. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,800 / 58
    As you always post the opposite of what you mean (with your anti manly tipping...) I'll assume you really meant he should've been sent off!!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,755 / 57
    Ahhhh but it's the off season now so I always post the opposite of the opposite of what I mean.........I think :dodgy::s:huh:!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,521 / 50
    With a name like Flower no wonder he's an angry man.

Very bad form though.

14. Eagles2nv

Eagles2nv New Team, New Beginnings 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,412 / 35
    The first was a retaliation, which you can see why.

The second was uncalled for, he already flattened him with the first punch.

Second punch aside, at least there wasnt another 78 minutes of petty niggling and wrestling like we have.

15. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,414 / 257
    The second punch is basically common assault. Even if you say he was elbowed beforehand, it doesn't justify the retaliation.

Really, a prop flattening a 5/8 is pathetic any way you look at it. The games moved on from this rubbish.

If you're pissed off on the field, next time he touches he ball line him up and put the shoulder in, lay him out within the rules. Throwing punches is the dog way to get square...

16. wombatgc

wombatgc Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +2,488 / 42
    Can't put the shoulder in, they play dead, and you get penalised. I'll never be convinced otherwise that a good smack in the mouth when needed can have the desired effect of negating the constant niggle, and the wrestle-mania that goes on now.

• Like Like x 1
  17. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    Went back and had a look at it, you are spot on Mick. Lance H will never run in with a cocked elbow on Flower ever again I would imagine.

Best punch ever.

18. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    A boy named Sue

19. Northern Rhino

Northern Rhino Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 1
    imagine this guy and passion playing in maroon and white. i have seen him play before and hes big strong and aggressive, on of the best props over there, maybee we should be chasing our own pommie enforcer.

20. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,414 / 257
    Getting penalised is better than being sent off and probably banned for a considerable amount of time.

Lot of tough talk on here though but the fact is society as whole doesn't tolerate this kind of rubbish any more and nor should it. Football is football. It's a sporting contest for entertainment not an arena to commit assaults under the guise of "get square". The real problem is the refs missing the elbow. LH should have been binned for that and the whole thing is square. King hitting people is not what league should be about...

• Like Like x 1