Suli off to Illawarra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Have been wanting to see 80mins of Suli for a long time and wasn’t disappointed. He must play again next week

Parker is solid, but his D has fallen away a touch lately. Suli is full of natural ability and his D isn’t as bad as made out to be

Really want to see him outside Tom too, think how much open space Parker has seen this year, and imagine what Suli could do with it
I'd be giving Parker another week off given his head knock history. Then again who knows Tom might not be right either so might not get to see them link up

Have been wanting to see 80mins of Suli for a long time and wasn’t disappointed. He must play again next week

Parker is solid, but his D has fallen away a touch lately. Suli is full of natural ability and his D isn’t as bad as made out to be

Really want to see him outside Tom too, think how much open space Parker has seen this year, and imagine what Suli could do with it
Suli is not a poor defender. He has been poor at reading the play.

Suli's tackle effectiveness is actually very good. He doesn't miss tackles.

He misreads plays to the point that he doesn't even lay a hand on the ball player. You don't need to miss a tackle to open up the line like a bag of salt'n'vinegar crisps (the best flavour..)

"Poor Reads" are not a documented stat, but they are just as damaging as missed tackles.

Having said that, I have no idea if that happened tonight or not as I just listened to the call, didn't watch any of it :)

He misreads plays to the point that he doesn't even lay a hand on the ball player. You don't need to miss a tackle to open up the line like a bag of salt'n'vinegar crisps (the best flavour..)

"Poor Reads" are not a documented stat, but they are just as damaging as missed tackles.

Having said that, I have no idea if that happened tonight or not as I just listened to the call, didn't watch any of it :)
It all reminds me of the first few years of Matai, he was flogged on here for being a **** defender but he got there

I’ll back Des to coach the D into him, the attack he has you can’t coach into people. Needs an injury free run, he looked like he could be anything when he toweled up Gagai in that finals game but hasn’t had much of an extended run since

Well - I have had questions on Suli but he was fabulous tonight. And yes Funa was all at fault in that first try. Not sure what Funa was doing in that first half - defensive errors, got rag dolled on every carry - looked like he might lose every pill. Heart in the mouth. But Suli was a gun... humble pie here. Hopefully he backs it up again next week if he plays.

It's a difficult conundrum suli vs Parker. Yes suli is an attacking weapon whereas Parker is a defensive rock.
Will suli be able to boss the game like he did tonight vs the likes of Penrith or storm? I have Parker slightly ahead due to his current combination with Garrick...

Des confirmed in the presser he's contracted for next year, take out of that what you want.
I‘m pretty sure Des has always had some sort of opinion of him and you’d have to think he will be given another run on the back of tonight’s game and I hope he goes on with it and grabs his chance to keep his spot in the 17 for the rest of the year.

He could be a very damaging FG centre if he was consistent and has a good minder in defence. He ran well tonight but I made the call a few days ago that he would score 1 try, concede 2 and make 2 errors. I was close. 0 tries, conceded 1 and 1 error.
I wish he had turned out to be more like his promise but I doubt he ever will, so he's still a sell for me.

Man he had such a good performance tonight. I called it that he will, but he is just so destructive and such a strike weapon. He hasn't even played a single full game with Tommy yet. We all know how Tommy makes players look, imagine what he'd made Suli look like. Mark my words, Suli would win centre of the year playing alongside Tommy. Really sad that it looks like that ship has sailed now, the way Des was talking about him at the presser seems like there's some tension and drama around his whole playing time/contract issue.

Poor reads = poor defending

Question is - he seems to play this well when he has a contract on the line... i.e 2019... hasn’t played this good since then

Imagine if this was a mad scientist Des tactic to get him going??

In all seriousness I would just make him convert to being a second rower. Even for a 2row his running game would be up there with most damaging in comp.

11 Olakau’atu
12 Schuster

17 Suli
Bullemor if he joins next year competes with Suli / Lawton for backrow spots.

Suli over Parker for me after tonight's perfomance. He was a game changer. He was the only player that made inroads against solid raiders defence. Combination with Foran was lethal.
Its tough. Parker is miles better at reading the defence.. Suli has proven to be a defensive liability for the past two years... a few good attacking games doesn’t change that

as i said above he should become a backrower, where you are less isolated and not the key man in D like at centre.

Its tough. Parker is miles better at reading the defence.. Suli has proven to be a defensive liability for the past two years... a few good attacking games doesn’t change that

as i said above he should become a backrower, where you are less isolated and not the key man in D like at centre.
Look. I think he will can only get better in defence. Last night's game didn't show too many leaks. First try was Funa coming in when he didn't have to. Overall though he can be much more destructive bringing the ball back from our line and has good footwork.
I love Parker. He is a hard worker. Runs good lines. But a lot of the times the ball dies with him in attack. He is too slow to take advantage of the speed beside him in Garrett. Suli would probably be better in 2nd row but we have shoe and guac so no way there. Tough one...but if he shows same form it would be hard for Parker to come back into the side imo.

Staff online

• lsz
    First Grader
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14