SOO 3, 2018 - The Resurgence of DCE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
It's great that NSW won the series but it's hubris to think we are at the start of a winning dynasty.
Queensland won the Under 20s 30-12. They have a crop of youngsters who, by the scoreline, are better than ours . . .
unless, of course, their win was purely because they had a better 'game plan'.

Hope we now have Daly back in Sydney and in quarantine from the rest of the lads for a couple of days til the filth he has been associated with has been cleaned off him

Was reading the nrl.com player ratings earlier, you'd think it was 40-12 reading those lol, Slater 9.5/10 lol, DCE 9 and most Qlders 7 or up, most NSW players down around 5/6, Jake was the highest with 8 and Tom 7.5

Was reading the nrl.com player ratings earlier, you'd think it was 40-12 reading those lol, Slater 9.5/10 lol, DCE 9 and most Qlders 7 or up, most NSW players down around 5/6, Jake was the highest with 8 and Tom 7.5
They actually make it sound like he scored two tries:
"Billy Slater: Could have done little more in his farewell game. Just the slightest bobble from scoring the first try from a DCE kick early, got outside of Latrell Mitchell for Queensland's second try and had 17 runs (145m). Outstanding again. 9/10"
I could accept it (like Fitler said) if those involved would admit that it was awarded as a send off, but to then attempt to legitimize it shows the NRL's lack of respect for its fans.

I thought DCE was flawless last night in all facets..passing, forcing repeat sets, defence + he scored that great try. He was MOM imo. And I read somewhere Freddy thought Turbo was player of the series. He surprised me with how consistently excellent he was over all 3 games. Defensively brilliant, took a heap of tough carries (and got belted for it) and when there were try scoring opportunities he took them. All in all was a great series and the excitement and intensity of a dead rubber game was a pleasant surprise too. I feel momentarily positive about rugby league so I won't say anything derogatory about Manly till at least Friday night. :p

You know something?

The DCE we saw last night is the DCE that is worth what Manly are paying him.

And I personally think that Tommy should have got the Lewis Medal. Apart from that moment in Game 2 where he was forced to come in off his wing because of a bad defensive read by Roberts which led to a Holmes try, he didn't put a foot wrong in his first Origin series. They targeted him in Game 1 as a potentially weak player on debut.....and he stood tall, took it all and never backed off. He came back strongly in Sydney, even after the Holmes try and his play while NSW only had 12 players in that game was that of a smart veteran, not someone basically on debut. And last night was arguably the Blues best player (though I still think DCE should have got the MoM).

DCE is a great halfback, always has been and always will be. I wouldn't swap him for any in the NRL.

I am really glad he had a great game last night to shut up the haters (a couple from May this year below);

"The guy is a fraud but the real villain in all this and let's not let him escape criticism is Bozo he came in and made a bad situation worse getting this fraud to backflip and signing Barrett. DCE should have been let go but after signing with another club we reward him with a life time deal on ridiculous money (for his talents) and give him the captaincy.
The day Toovey was sacked an this oxygen thief was given a lifetime contract and made captain was the day our clubs heart died."

"Enough is enough the guy is hopeless. We all see it he needs to go back to reserve grade to get some confidence like papali. 1 million dollars to kick it out or run on the 4th like a fool so he doesn't have to kick on the last or set up a play. We are down by 8 with 3 minutes to go and he kicks out... cowboys 1st win in 4 games. What a joke we are"

Turbo really impressed me with his hard runs straight back into the opposition.

Especially when faced with a 70-30 first half possession rate, a sin binning, and somehow an 8-3 penalty count against nsw *cough*- he kept launching himself into the attack.

Also - I think it was Jake the closet to dce just before dce's try.... so Jake probably just let him go on through. (ok, kidding re: the last part)

stat-attack_top-speeds_20180712.jpg

Jeebus, it looks like Tommy could use a longer pair of shorts - items are trying to escape from the lunchbox @:blush:

More than happy to say I didn't notice! Wait...they look maroon coloured! Either turbo was a Qld plant or he needs to see a doctor asap!

-was watching that show 'the fan' and I think Garry Jack said the same pic happened with him...but it was put on one of those bubble gum trading card thingies!

When Lockyer was talking to Cherry in the post match wrap up last night I was really hoping the interview would go along these lines...
Lockyer: Great game Daly.
Cherry: Yeah, I won it for you.
Lockyer: Looks like your going to be Qld halfback for some time to come.
Daly: No, you can go **** yourselves......

They actually make it sound like he scored two tries:
"Billy Slater: Could have done little more in his farewell game. Just the slightest bobble from scoring the first try from a DCE kick early, got outside of Latrell Mitchell for Queensland's second try and had 17 runs (145m). Outstanding again. 9/10"
I could accept it (like Fitler said) if those involved would admit that it was awarded as a send off, but to then attempt to legitimize it shows the NRL's lack of respect for its fans.

Yeah, they sure piled on the crap with Slater's MOM and MOS awards.

Funnily enough he didn't even make the starting 13 in their Team Of The Series article here:

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/07/12/nrl.coms-state-of-origin-team-of-the-series/

What a joke when they can't even coordinate their orchestrated bullsh!t properly.

Turbo really impressed me with his hard runs straight back into the opposition.

Especially when faced with a 70-30 first half possession rate, a sin binning, and somehow an 8-3 penalty count against nsw *cough*- he kept launching himself into the attack.

Also - I think it was Jake the closet to dce just before dce's try.... so Jake probably just let him go on through. (ok, kidding re: the last part)
What I thought too as Jake is a step behind Chez as he takes the pass, then Jake just throws back his head 'Great, I'll never catch him' :giggle:

Also watch who is next to Turbo as he scores - Chez :wait:

Great Manly participation in the highlight reel :clap:

It’s a pity last nights great game was marred by the awarding of what looked to be a “ participation award” to an outgoing player.

I’m guessing when Scam announces his retirement they’ll probably give the Melbourne Drizzle a participation GF victory and award him the Clive Churchill Medal just for being an all round good bloke.

FMD, what is the game coming to!!

I still can’t get over that Qld try in the right corner where Slater got all the plaudits and DCE was not even mentioned in the leadup work. Here is how the commentary goes a year before;

“now just watch Copper Cronk here. He has options to the left and right but has the presence of mind to see an emerging overlap, holds the pass a second putting the defence in 2 minds and then fires a brilliant cutout pass to Slater who just has to simply link with his outside backs to score in the corner. This is why Cronk is rated the greatest halfback in the game”

I'm glad you brought that up. I was blowing up listening and watching the replays. Slater did f-all. Great finish by Holmes, but kicked off and set up by DCE.

It’s a pity last nights great game was marred by the awarding of what looked to be a “ participation award” to an outgoing player.

I’m guessing when Scam announces his retirement they’ll probably give the Melbourne Drizzle a participation GF victory and award him the Clive Churchill Medal just for being an all round good bloke.

FMD, what is the game coming to!!
That Slater business was such rubbish. The whole pre-game QLD toss-off was predictable and puke-worthy. Anyone older than four or other than Slater's parents would have seen how obvious and ridiculous that decision was.
The good thing is, it's really invigorated my storm hatred. Bring it on.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10