Social Media

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I know I keep going back to this but is there a limitation on what the website can actually do? From memory they use some NRL based system?
It seems even more obvious considering the improvement in content for Facebook and Twitter in recent months

Yes there is some generic format/platform that the nrl insist all clubs use. Bit like a web marketing salary cap, otherwise tech challenged clubs like Souths and parra supporters would get left behind.

The entire web platform is a CMS put together by bigpond. Some of my friends worked on the project.
It has a json data feed in it for scores basically the club pushes most content and creatives to it but much of it is managed by bigpond and the NRL. Though that may have changed. It makes all the sites look the same and isn't very flexible.
I'm find with that for the website though, they just need a better system for their customer relational database and their social media engagement, they also need people in the club dedicated to it as well

The entire web platform is a CMS put together by bigpond. Some of my friends worked on the project.
It has a json data feed in it for scores basically the club pushes most content and creatives to it but much of it is managed by bigpond and the NRL. Though that may have changed. It makes all the sites look the same and isn't very flexible.
I'm find with that for the website though, they just need a better system for their customer relational database and their social media engagement, they also need people in the club dedicated to it as well
From the sounds of it they do not have / use effectively any sort of CRM

I think you'll find it's a very part time job for maybe one person with a backup.

They are active on FB/TWITTER on game day or if there's an announcement of some sort, otherwise non existant.

So its not only the systems they use its the lack of man power.

But as I have said before when you have a stellar media manager such as ZtH you don't need social media anyway, you just need to read Slothfields stories in the DT and you know everything you need to know!

Talking Social Media, this has been bouncing around FB, it's still got Hoppa & Hodkinson!
image.jpg

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4