Social Media

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Guys, I think Manly as a club are making pretty big strides these past 12 - 18 months social media wise, but the no player profile thing on the official website is quite annoying. Heck, The Bulldogs site already has Hopoate up on theirs.

I did the rounds (was very hopeful that the Eels website didn't give my PC a virus, but I put Spy Hunter on alert, just in case when viewing it.) MOST clubs are there and up-to-date.

What's doing?

Is it because things are still going on with certain players? Is it slackness? I know it's nothing in the scheme of things, but would love to see it updated. Heck, I'll go to Narrabeen, and take photo's of all the players with my phone and put them up if they don't have time ;)

It's been a busy time in Narrabeen. The Narrabeen festival was just on, then carols... Will probably get done after the Australia Day big breakfast...

It's the same every year, we just have to be patient I guess.
They'll probably take photos of the Top 25 either this week or early January in the new jersey.

fan / member engagement in general stinks when you compare to others sadly. Working in a similar industry it is something I keep a bit of an eye on how clubs communicate etc. I just don't think the required resources are there and as such those in control of the digital spectrum aren't doing a 'bad job' so to speak, they are just out of their depth and don't have the support from above to do a level of work that in this era, is expected. You really need a small full time team, rather than 1 or 2 people who juggle it with other jobs. The return of investment isn't always clear cut and measureable by $ on a spreadsheet, so the bean counters don't think it is worth spending in that area is my guess. They'd rather take their mates at the tele out to lunch on the reg to have another full page spread they can pretend is worth great exposure value.

Guys, I think Manly as a club are making pretty big strides these past 12 - 18 months social media wise, but the no player profile thing on the official website is quite annoying. Heck, The Bulldogs site already has Hopoate up on theirs.

I did the rounds (was very hopeful that the Eels website didn't give my PC a virus, but I put Spy Hunter on alert, just in case when viewing it.) MOST clubs are there and up-to-date.

What's doing?

Is it because things are still going on with certain players? Is it slackness? I know it's nothing in the scheme of things, but would love to see it updated. Heck, I'll go to Narrabeen, and take photo's of all the players with my phone and put them up if they don't have time ;)
Hey Ryan I got a retweet from the Manly Sea Eagles today on Twitter. They are on the ball ;) In all seriousness I don't know what would be holding up the player profiles. If they don't have a head shot for a few of the new recruits leave their photo blank until it's done. If someone like Brenton Lawrence is leaving the club then don't put his profile up. Surely our top 22-23 at this late stage would be locked down?? If there are a few late additions to the top 25 then add them once they are signed.

Let's face it, it's been crap for years now.

When Aaron Markie ( now working for the NRL and does all their digital stuff ) was doing it the website was updated daily, profiles spot on, and also ran a forum.

The then media manager, later sacked for the " good sort" comments closed all that down, and since then it's been absolute crap.

I agree with the comments above , it's part of one persons job, no team of people and as such you get what you get, and let's face it we can't have the greatest media consultant in the games history on the payroll AND have social media up to date can we?

Ring Zorba, hes the top "techo" at the club.

Seriously, you make a very good point, and these things should be updated immediately. In 2015 these tasks should be a priority for a professional football club.
image.jpeg

To put it in perspective... I work in a clinic with a total of 8 practitioners and a receptionist. They are all full-time practitioners. Our communication through social media with clients and broader public is better than what I've ever seen from Manly (and trust me, that's not saying much). We recently took on a part time marketing person and it has improved ten fold. What I see between Manly and its fans and public is deplorable for a modern "professional" organisation.

I've been waiting by my phone forever for a call for them to get me along to help sort their social media and web-presence out, someone knows how to find me if they need me

I've been waiting by my phone forever for a call for them to get me along to help sort their social media and web-presence out, someone knows how to find me if they need me
You tried that Dan all those years

Kinda sounds like Tommy's weight was put in by someone from the WWE. They are always fudging height and weight :p (on the site he's currently listed at 194 cm (6'4") and 102 kg (16 st 1 lb), only 1 cm shorter and 3 kg lighter than Inglis.....)

If true it means he has grown 2 cm since the start of the year and has put on 6 kg.

Last edited:
Kinda sounds like Tommy's weight was put in by someone from the WWE. They are always fudging height and weight :p (on the site he's currently listed at 194 cm (6'4") and 102 kg (16 st 1 lb), only 1 cm shorter and 3 kg lighter than Inglis.....)

If true it means he has grown 2 cm since the start of the year and has put on 6 kg.
And wouldn't we all like an extra 2cm added on somewhere

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7