so seriously-do refs REALLY decide the result of games

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
You look at how a team gets pumped up when they get a 40-20 on the 4th or 5th tackle, but a referee can pretty much deliver the same outcome anytime he wants. Yes I am biased, but everyone (including my mates who hate Manly) knows that the Roosters only stayed in that 2013 GF because of Shayne friggin' Hayne. A joke and that season's refereeing definitely needed a major investigation.

My pet peev is the refs calling the players by their first name. They really shouldn't have this type of interactions on the field in IMO. Obviously with a pool of officials they will get to know the players after seeing them week in week out but I feel they should call them by their number and take personality or personal relationships out of the equation for the duration of the game. Too much buddy buddy behaviour for my liking, just call them and treat them like a number.

I remember watching this game thinking the fix was on! Refs getting on Gus’ good side

C2D82A60-D77F-41D9-865C-022C590E7B17.png

I don't believe there is any major "corruption" with the ref's, the rot began when Harrigan first uttered those detestable words "game management".

When the pee wee brigade started the mantra of the fools "a close game is a good game" followed by the need to satisfy the new audience of gen X with a "fast game is a good game" theology ..... ref's began to be managers.

How we ever allowed the words "open to interpretation" to enter the debate is beyond me, .... and don't get me started on ref's calling players off-side .... just penalise them you maggot faced moron!!!

...... and stop counting the ****ken tackles .... if the dumb ****s can't count ... bugger them ... it is not your ****ren job ref!!!!!

.... apart from that I have no problems ... I'm happy .....

Refs shouldn't be game managers because put simply, that isn't their bloody job. They should be out there only to enforce the rules.....for BOTH sides. Who wins and loses should be up to the two teams.

Its an old saying, but its still a good one. The best refs are those you don't notice.

Bill Harrigan when commentating on triple M said something like the refs must have got a phone call at half time. No laughing etc seemed dead serious when discussing the change in officiating between the 2 halves of footy.

If that doesn't prove it then nothing will.

Bill Harrigan when commentating on triple M said something like the refs must have got a phone call at half time. No laughing etc seemed dead serious when discussing the change in officiating between the 2 halves of footy.

If that doesn't prove it then nothing will.
that's sick

And it’s not just us talking about it, I’m on a few footy pages and it’s a common discussion.

Last edited:
There is 1 way to help a long way - have 1 ref so the interpretations are consistent.
Every ref has different amounts of latitude in the ruck, therefore 1 side will have a massive advantage as this is where teams in the modern game really get the momentum....also this bunker - when the pending decision takes 2-3 minutes it kills off the games intensity and often - still get it wrong - speed it up - get on with the game!!!

There is 1 way to help a long way - have 1 ref so the interpretations are consistent.
Every ref has different amounts of latitude in the ruck, therefore 1 side will have a massive advantage as this is where teams in the modern game really get the momentum....also this bunker - when the pending decision takes 2-3 minutes it kills off the games intensity and often - still get it wrong - speed it up - get on with the game!!!

In the old days there were some howlers but largely the game flowed better.

Only way if they were going back to 1 was, one replay, at full speed allowed on TV.

It’s the slo mo, from the side , the front , the back, from the drone and then having 3 people having to decide that’s killing the game.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8