Smartest thing that club ever did.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
There have been plenty of ordinary players make SOO, even Aussie teams in the past. None of those you listed I would count for much TBH
Most of those guys would have been walk up starters in our side in recent history...

Umm..every team has roughly a million dollar player (or two or three) - so yeah 16 teams should be competitive most years and win 1-2 premierships.

LOL
We are talking the value,thoughts behind the contract and length of the contract back then, not what is standard practice in the present.

Most of those guys would have been walk up starters in our side in recent history...
Yeah, nah thanks. They may have walked into some of our weaker positions as decent workhorses to play a role, but nothing spectacular. I'd have Jorge as soon as Feldt for example, and you could probably do a similar comparison with all those guys. Swapping would be a flip of the coin on an individual level.

Yeah, nah thanks. They may have walked into some of our weaker positions as decent workhorses to play a role, but nothing spectacular. I'd have Jorge as soon as Feldt for example, and you could probably do a similar comparison with all those guys. Swapping would be a flip of the coin on an individual level.
Feldt is a better player than Jorge ever was imo...
Cooper is twice the player that a gojetski, waddell, sironen, blah, blah, blah ever were...

Regardless, my point was that JT was hardly dragging a team of nobodies to the title - that was a bloody good team - and JT, being JT, made the most of that... other years, not so much...

I mean there's perspective and then there's a constant death ride of everything that happens at manly and a thinly veiled love for the storm

I compliment also when it is warranted, there are far more poor performances than good ones since 2013 onwards for starters, secondly i'm a perfectionist and attention to detail freak,the kind of nick i use has warned people beforehand what to expect so take it or leave it.

If we are complimenting far more than we are questioning that is a recipe for disaster and a languishing stagnating club.

I compliment also when it is warranted, there are far more poor performances than good ones since 2013 onwards for starters, secondly i'm a perfectionist and attention to detail freak,the kind of nick i use has warned people beforehand what to expect so take it or leave it.

If we are complimenting far more than we are questioning that is a recipe for disaster and a languishing stagnating club.
Ok mate. Just letting you know that what you put put there is pro-storm and anti-manly but whatever

The bloke is the Qld and Australian halfback but, yeah, totally just a capable club player... maybe the selectors are just his mates?

DCE is on similar money to most halfbacks in the NRL (the ones that other clubs want at least) and has one of the most consistent performers in what has been a pretty ordinary football team over the last few years (minus 2021)
So if our team has been ordinary over the years what was the thought process behind spending big on a halfback that couldn't raise ordinary talents to higher levels, basically we are saying Manly paid $10 million for stability in the future and success on the park was a distant second.

You can't tell me that in "2015" Manly spent $10 million for 8yrs and probably a little more than has been reported without the thought of future success being a contributing factor to offering so much.

DCE is on similar money to most halfbacks in the NRL (the ones that other clubs want at least) and has one of the most consistent performers in what has been a pretty ordinary football team over the last few years (minus 2021)
And how would you rate DCE's Qld and Australia career so far, nothing great i would imagine.

Last edited:
So if our team has been ordinary over the years what was the thought process behind spending big on a halfback that couldn't raise ordinary talents to higher levels, basically we are saying Manly paid $10 million for stability in the future and success on the park was a distant second.

You can't tell me that in "2015" Manly spent $10 million for 8yrs and probably a little more than has been reported without the thought of future success being a contributing factor to offering so much.
Yes but it is a 17 man game TC and while DCE has been one of our best performers over that period, he ain't David Copperfield...

Our back office, coaching and recruitment/retention (eg. Note Myles, Jackson Hastings, extra 2 years for Jorge to sit on the sidelines, Nicho Hynes, Jesse Ramien etc etc) has generally been a shemozzle and our centres, wingers and the larger portion of our forwards have been serviceable at best since 2015... Tom was also injured for a large portion of it...

To put it all at DCEs feet because he gets paid a lot (but similarly to other halfback that are not SOO and Aus reps) is ridiculous... imo...

DCE is paid to play (which he does with passion EVERY game), not coach... there is a big difference, as a technical coach like yourself would surely understand...

The bloke is the Qld and Australian halfback but, yeah, totally just a capable club player... maybe the selectors are just his mates?

And how would you rate DCE's Qld and Australia career so far, nothing great i would imagine.
Led them to a series win with a side that was rated "worst SOO line-up EVER" pre-series....

I'd personally give him a pass...

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
I've never been DCE greatest fan but his effort this year since round 1 has been slightly improved in my book. He's taken the tackle a bit more instead of just throwing the oranges ball when a play breaks down. Plus defensively he has been strong. Offensively he's still a bit scattered. But kicking game has been shining light especially last week.

But 0 Grand Finals and more years out of the 8 than in it since the backflip ( whilst def not his fault alone ) doesn't paint the deal in the greatest of lights. This period has been one of the slightly darker periods in our history ( yes not terrible but also not great ).

Personally with DCE you can read his career either way you like at this point. The next few years will define his legacy.

I was a VERY happy chappy the Day he decided to not go to the Gold Coast, still am.

Maybe not the clubs smartest move, surely Nate Myles signing was that ...
Wasn't Myles basically just a sweatner for DCE to stay at Manly. wow..what a waste of money Myles was, got injured a lot, hardly played and couldn't wait to go to the slime...

DCE is a bargin compared to B Hunt and D Fafita
all 3 had desperation attached to the contracts in some way, all got paid a desperation premium regardless of how you rate them. all seem hefty considering

I think it was one of the worst player signing decisions Manly has made in recent history, up there with Jake on 900k.

DCE is way too inconsistent and has bad habits. Even against the Raiders (who were dreadful) he still was spinning around like a headless chicken and stifling the passing more than once. Against better teams he gets pressured into mistakes or bad decisions, loses composure and runs out of ideas leading to him attempting a low percentage option.

Look at what Storm have crafted out of Jerome Hughes who is less talented and you can see what we are not getting out of the halfback position.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12