Sironen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Been advocating trialling him as a prop since the rise and rise of Guacamole and Schuster on the edges ... he is big enough, a good defender and very mobile with skills .. the upside if successful would be big.

Some, including myself, have been advocating for Siro to be moved to lock with Jake put into the front row rotation. He has the size, defensive capability and ball skills to be a lock in the Kosef / Gifty mould. And being in the middle his lack of mobility with his knees wouldn't be as exposed as it would be on the edges.

However, right now I wouldn't swap Schuster or Olakau'atu for any other back rower in the club, or comp for that matter. And I wouldn't be moving Jake from lock.

TBH, I see Siro, Jetski, Suli and Cust being more backups heading into the Finals than players who will push into the starting side. It was injury that got them out of the XVII, it will take injury for them to get back in.

Some, including myself, have been advocating for Siro to be moved to lock with Jake put into the front row rotation. He has the size, defensive capability and ball skills to be a lock in the Kosef / Gifty mould. And being in the middle his lack of mobility with his knees wouldn't be as exposed as it would be on the edges.

However, right now I wouldn't swap Schuster or Olakau'atu for any other back rower in the club, or comp for that matter. And I wouldn't be moving Jake from lock.

TBH, I see Siro, Jetski, Suli and Cust being more backups heading into the Finals than players who will push into the starting side. It was injury that got them out of the XVII, it will take injury for them to get back in.
I’d be disappointed if he took the starting spot of anyone in our team.

Can Sironen be repurposed as a middle forward? (Assuming he is fit to play of course) Looking at our current situation with Keppie being unavailable for three weeks, could Sironen step in as a middle forward and cover for Jake? If so perhaps Lawton could take Walkers utility position at 14, provide cover for the centres, halves, lock and second rows? These are all questions. I am not advocating for this to occur BUT I think a bench of Lawton, Sironen, De Luis, Sipley looks stronger then Walker, Lawton, De Luis, Sipley.
Why is keppie unavailable for three weeks?

Exactly. I doubt if they will re-sign him anyway, as opposed to resigning him, which the player should do off his own bat.

Much as I like what Sironen offers, I suspect his duration in the maroon and white has become very limited.

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8