Sipley Brothers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Snake

Snake's Alive!
The word on the street is these two (Patrick and Toafofoa) are a target of ours...Taufua and Jake T played along Patrick in the NYC a few years back before he left Manly for NZ. They're probably only depth signings and that's if it even happens?!

I have two on my wish list for next year and then I think we're specials for the competition:
James Roberts to partner Walker in the fastest backline in the competition and Corey Harawira-Naera to partner Sironen in the backrow...then I'll be happy.

The Sipley brothers have been highly regarded for some time, but it's hard to believe they can't get a start in a very average warriors pack.. Which is a bit worrying in itself .

Drums are getting louder on Corey harawira-Nara.

Kid looks the goods.. Hope we land him.

Roberts is a wanker, his defence is crap and without his speed he is nothing. Kelly younger, a better person and will become a better player. Kelly has more to give that Roberts in attack and defence. Kelly also has a higher IQ. Also why has everyone started giving up on Kelly. I would have our backline any other way I reckon it's great and Kelly has been great all year.

Heres a question then... Walker is the form centre of the comp atm imo, and everyone seems to rate kelly (im still on the fence, not bad by any stretch, but hasnt done anything to stand out since the first few rounds)... So Where does that leave parker??? Another guy that everyone here have raved over (again, looked solid to me, not as special as ppl here seem to think)

Heres a question then... Walker is the form centre of the comp atm imo, and everyone seems to rate kelly (im still on the fence, not bad by any stretch, but hasnt done anything to stand out since the first few rounds)... So Where does that leave parker??? Another guy that everyone here have raved over (again, looked solid to me, not as special as ppl here seem to think)
I think Parker is decent.
The order is clear in
1- Walker
2- Kelly
Then tbh - at this point if either were out - I think Wright 1 or 2, would get the gig - for Wright or Wrong, making Parker about option 5.

Last edited:
Gotta say I'm not a huge Roberts fan either. Yeah he's fast but to me he's probably at his absolute peak right now and I think your buying right at the top of the market. Plus when he loses a yard of pace in the next year or two or cops a leg injury etc ....does he have the brains to make up for it in other ways ?? Doubt it.

Liable to do something stupid at any moment off field and get rubbed out. And you'd be paying big $$$ to get him away from the Broncos who rarely lose anyone they want.

So many reasons why this wont happen.

The Sipley brothers have been highly regarded for some time, but it's hard to believe they can't get a start in a very average warriors pack.. Which is a bit worrying in itself .

Drums are getting louder on Corey harawira-Nara.

Kid looks the goods.. Hope we land him.
Patrick hasn't been in the forwards for too long and has a good upside,there are a lot of "name" players ahead of him and is biding his time.T.Sipley has been injured for first part of this year and is only just out of 20's.Good signings if they happen and would not be too expensive.We can use a few Glen Hall's and George Rose's on the cheap.Hope we get Naera too but he missed a lot of tackles on the weekend and I hope that is not because sides are now testing him more....

Last edited:
We'll have to agree to disagree. I think Roberts has a higher ceiling than Kelly.

Roberts is impressive, no question. But getting it into perspective Roberts is over 24, has played 87 first grade games and is yet to play above City and the Indigenous sides as a rep player. His asset is his speed and evasiveness.

Look back at him when he was Kelly's age and he was showing signs of beginning to become a fine player, though his behaviour was a problem. But he wasnt doing anything more than Kelly is now achieving, and kelly has already played one rep match for Country.

Kelly has just turned 21 and has only played 11 first grade games. And what I've seen of him, is a very mature thinking player, not as fast as Roberts, but has good evasive skills, his timing is excellent, fine defence and he seems to know how to make the right decisions and position himself and his wing partner well. He's not the standout that Roberts is at this stage, but I think he'll surpass Roberts as the years move on. Walker is already a better centre than Roberts, and he's only 22.

I think Parker is decent.
The order is clear in
1- Walker
2- Kelly
Then tbh - at this point if either were out - I think Wright 1 or 2, would get the gig - for Wright or Wrong, making Parker about option 5.
Im happy to go with kelly unless an elite centre wants to come.. Ide prolly put parker ahead of the wrights if only to see what he can do.. Younger, supposedly talented, we know what both wrights offer..

Im happy to go with kelly unless an elite centre wants to come.. Ide prolly put parker ahead of the wrights if only to see what he can do.. Younger, supposedly talented, we know what both wrights offer..
Maybe true ....thing is, this is the selection order from those who make the decisions.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10