Single biggest issue…

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

The single biggest issue holding Manly back is:

• Tom’s injuries

Votes: 23 17.3%
  • Lack of forward mobility and leg speed

Votes: 41 30.8%
  • Dessie’s coaching (structures, use of bench, etc.)

Votes: 20 15.0%
  • Overall team fitness and conditioning

Votes: 19 14.3%
  • DCE’s leadership and/or contract size

Votes: 17 12.8%
  • Lack of genuine 9/threat around the ruck

Votes: 13 9.8%

• Total voters

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We are paying too much money to 3 players. I wish this club could get that reset so Manly can distribute money more evenly to players and to sign better 1st grade players.
Apart from the obvious Sombrero clubs ( Rorters & Donkeys ) I bet if you knew exactly what each player was being paid that the top 6 clubs would all have a similar situation.

I think we are paying about 15% overs for DCE ( dumb decisions by our club ) and there’s little we can do about that but I think next year is the last of the big money and I bet he’ll be on much less for the last 2 years.

Tom is elite and most of the top fullbacks would be on that money.

It’s Jake who is overpaid ( in comparison to most forwards ) in my opinion although players like Taumololo / Fifita / JWH are all pretty close to that money so maybe not.

I dunno about that comment , but it will definitely contribute as DCE probably gets $300k more than the other halfbacks.

Pete W

Bencher
What's our issue? Where do you start? All of the above in almost equal portions. But it's even more than that unfortunately. Recruitment and list management is appalling. Club culture has gone to shiit.

Des needs to assume the previous role held by the late great Bozo. Get on top of head office, instill the old Manly ways, recruitment and pathways, etc and only offer support to the new coaching department (a new generational type who is defence-orientated) - run the football department, but hand over the reigns as coach.

Without trying to sound melodramatic, but I can honestly say that for the first time since the Northern Eagles, I am embarrassed to be associated with this club

Eagle 1

First Grader
What's our issue? Where do you start? All of the above in almost equal portions. But it's even more than that unfortunately. Recruitment and list management is appalling. Club culture has gone to shiit.

Des needs to assume the previous role held by the late great Bozo. Get on top of head office, instill the old Manly ways, recruitment and pathways, etc and only offer support to the new coaching department (a new generational type who is defence-orientated) - run the football department, but hand over the reigns as coach.

Without trying to sound melodramatic, but I can honestly say that for the first time since the Northern Eagles, I am embarrassed to be associated with this club
Wow... Pete, that's a pretty harsh assessment. Hugely disappointed for mine, but embarrassed, don't think so.

CRPSI eagle

Reserve Grader
I think 5 of those choices lay in our problem @Snake
I say let the Dolphins take Dce off our hands and grab Jock Madden for a third of the price.
Maybe with some of the savings on Dce & Marty off the books we can buy a angry forward leader.
Spine consisting of -
A fit Turbo
Fresh start/New look Schuster
Madden
(A innocent & fit) Fainu.
Jake our new Captain ,time for a change .
Im happy to start off again with a fresh new look team.
Lets be honest -Dce isnt taking us anywhere .

Quote Reply
100% agreed and maybe a good assistant coach like most sides have.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Dissapointed yes , embarrassed , no way.

We’ve got a lot to do but I’m still proud of them when they run out.

Ryan

Journey Man

Mate, you care 10 times as much as they do, trust me. Put your ticker in most of our players, we might win a game or two. These blokes are uninspiring both on and off the park.

StuBoot

Bencher
Apart from the obvious Sombrero clubs ( Rorters & Donkeys ) I bet if you knew exactly what each player was being paid that the top 6 clubs would all have a similar situation.

I think we are paying about 15% overs for DCE ( dumb decisions by our club ) and there’s little we can do about that but I think next year is the last of the big money and I bet he’ll be on much less for the last 2 years.

It’s Jake who is overpaid ( in comparison to most forwards ) in my opinion although players like Taumololo / Fifita / JWH are all pretty close to that money so maybe not.

I dunno about that comment , but it will definitely contribute as DCE probably gets $300k more than the other halfbacks.
Interesting @Mark from Brisbane that you think Jake is overpaid somewhat.

He plays 80mins pretty much every week shifting between lock and front row.
This year - Tackle efficiency of 95% - pretty much matched over his career (6861 made/206 missed)
Never injured - averages over 22 games per year ( plus SOO & Aus)
Never any off field issues.
LEADER.

Taumalolo
17 games per season ( + reps)
Around 50 mins per game

JWH
20 games per season ( + reps)
Around 42 mins per game

Fifita
16 games per season ( + reps)
Around 70 mins per game

Depends on what you want from a player I guess, these 4 are all different in what they bring to their club, with and without the ball, on and off the field.

Is Jake really overpaid compared to them?

Rocky

Bencher

This year - Tackle efficiency of 95% - pretty much matched over his career (6861 made/206 missed)
LEADER.

Taumalolo
Around 50 mins per game

JWH
Around 42 mins per game

Fifita
Around 70 mins per game

Depends on what you want from a player I guess, these 4 are all different in what they bring to their club, with and without the ball, on and off the field.

Good comparisons

Jake's on 900k and he's probably worth around 750k-800k in terms of an international calibre forward.

His contract is near the bottom of the list in terms of Manly's issues.

Damien2812

Bencher

I just find it frustrating when other clubs get mid season signings and why we never seen to get any decent players for new seasons.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member

LEADER.

Taumalolo
Around 50 mins per game

JWH
Around 42 mins per game

Fifita
Around 70 mins per game

I would never say a bad thing about Jake BUT he’s one of the 3 you mentioned before so I’m just saying he’s overpaid compared to most other forwards

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member

I can see why @Pete W feels embarrassed by his association with the club. It's not something that I feel myself. I will always be proud to be a Manly supporter. However, I am embarrassed by some of the recent decisions made by club management. An obvious example is Rainbowgate. The club's incompetence in rubberstamping this outside marketing initiative without player group consultation was incredibly embarrassing.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I can see why @Pete W feels embarrassed by his association with the club. It's not something that I feel myself. I will always be proud to be a Manly supporter. However, I am embarrassed by some of the recent decisions made by club management. An obvious example is Rainbowgate. The club's incompetence in rubberstamping this outside marketing initiative without player group consultation was incredibly embarrassing.
Oh certainly you can be embarrassed by that , a massive blunder.

But I’m not embarrassed by my team , yes we aren’t perfect , but they ( well most of them) are trying pretty hard.

We just don’t have the mix right , nor are we coached ( at times ) very well.

eagleron

Bencher
I would never say a bad thing about Jake BUT he’s one of the 3 you mentioned before so I’m just saying he’s overpaid compared to most other forwards
I agree with what say Mark but in order to keep Tom the club didn't have a lot of choice I guess, I just wish Tom was as unbreakable as Jake though, I imagine we'd be in a much stronger position if he weren't so injury prone

Hibyemama

Reserve Grader

Jake is not a good player. Overrated

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14