Silvertails winning matches on the seventh tackle.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The title of this thread is misleading. It suggests Manly were given an extra tackle. The truth is, they were rightly given the seven tackles after Newcastle missed their FG attempt, with play restarting on a zero tackle because the knights kicked the ball dead.
Masters' complaint is about time not being called off after Littlejohn's missed FG, which in turn would have given them an extra ten seconds after DCE's field goal.
In other words... It's a nothing complaint by a bitter old man.

lol

The part about if the short kickoff plus penalty etc just sounds like a little kid making up a story.....

ummmm...like if this alien came down and and umm went into a player and um made him like super fast and strong and ninja and he like um ninja totally would catch the um ball on the after the with the um kick off and then like would zap all the other um players and then like score and stuff bertie beetle!

AND all in like eleven seconds man...like, Shazam!

Where was Roy's self-righteous rewrite after the far more plausible possibilities in last year's Grand Final?

I thought he'd retired and gone fishin'...

This confirms he should.

I'm sure Roy would have written the same basic thing if the Knights got the field goal, saying that Manly were robbed at the chance of a reply. Something along the lines of the Knights have a long history of being assisted by speed in the Andrew Johns era, so it is ironic that they are now being assisted by a lack of it in terms of refs blowing time off.

globaleagle said:
ummmm...like if this alien came down and and umm went into a player and um made him like super fast and strong and ninja and he like um ninja totally would catch the um ball on the after the with the um kick off and then like would zap all the other um players and then like score and stuff bertie beetle!

This happened to me once during a backyard game GE. There were no witnesses or opposition and nobody believed me.
I was sad :( so I ate bertie beetles to get happy :)
Note: I think super fast alien ninja powers went into DCE just as he made
his kick. Him and I should have a chat about our shared experiences.

niccipops said:
This happened to me once during a backyard game GE. There were no witnesses or opposition and nobody believed me.
I was sad :( so I ate bertie beetles to get happy :)
Note: I think super fast alien ninja powers went into DCE just as he made
his kick. Him and I should have a chat about our shared experiences.

You're right, that sounds like absolute rubbish!

May I have a bertie beetle?

globaleagle said:
Lol. No. All gone. Me, DCE and the aliens shared them. Peace to you and all the moose and bears and go Manly!

RiverEagle said:
niccipops said:
globaleagle said:
Lol. No. All gone. Me, DCE and the aliens shared them. Peace to you and all the moose and bears and go Manly!

What exactly is a bertie beetle??

chocolaaaate!

gc5060300420720082133.jpg

Years ago russell gilbert (comedian) did a skit where a kid was whining wanting a bertie beetle, and that kind of stuck with me and became the default chocolate wish.

RiverEagle said:
niccipops said:
globaleagle said:

chocolaaaate!

gc5060300420720082133.jpg

Years ago russell gilbert (comedian) did a skit where a kid was whining wanting a bertie beetle, and that kind of stuck with me and became the default chocolate wish.

Mmmmm, the good old Bertie Beetle showbags. I remember when showbags were actually great value at $2.....

Normie said:
Mmmmm, the good old Bertie Beetle showbags. I remember when showbags were actually great value at $2.....
In my day for $1 you could travel all over....

Never rated Masters as a coach or a journalist. Getting his players to smack each other in the head was his idea of a game plan and as a journalist he makes some of the News Limited hacks look adequate.....perhaps the answer to his abysmal writing may be solved by his past coaching methods. His fellow SMH journos could all line up and smack him in the head just before he writes an article. I feel we would see an immediate improvement...

RiverEagle said:
Exactly what you saw in GE's pic and they are yummy! They come in cheap show bags at Easter show and Ekka or simply purchase from your local supermarket. Enjoy!

OK thanks @globaleagle and @niccipops there...It's astounding to me that I've never heard of berrtie beetles!

Will definitely seek them out when next in a supermarket, unless the aliens or nicci have beaten me to them, of course!

RiverEagle said:
OK thanks @globaleagle and @niccipops there...It's astounding to me that I've never heard of berrtie beetles!

Will definitely seek them out when next in a supermarket, unless the aliens or nicci have beaten me to them, of course!

You must be lying about your seniority then.

Many happy memories of 70's tuck shop monies being spent on Freddo Frogs, Caramelo Koalas, Bertie Beetles and the Choo Choo Bars that made your tongue go black :D

Lol @HappilyManly.... No am definitely a 70's kid!
And I remember freddo frogs, caramelo bears, even choo choo bars...clinkers, redskins, freckles etc etc.

I remember many a show bag from our country shows too...But berrtie beetles honestly draw a blank!

I even know who Russell Gilbert is...lol.

I will get to the bottom of this on the weekend!

RiverEagle said:

I live to give!

Nice tagging too!

:cool:

Normie said:

Showbag, now there's a good nickname for old Roy. Cost a fortune and full of s..t. I can't believe that someone pays that old hack to write drivel like that. LOL Old Roy, sounds like a decrepid old dog.

Is Masters seriously trying to say that Newcastle would have won had they had that extra 11 seconds? Oh please.....

He's assuming that the Knights could have been awarded a penalty that could have won them the game. If Newcastle were a better team they would have put us away before half time the way we played and it wouldn't have needed to come down to a late match field goal shootout.

Newcastle lost on Monday night as much as we won. Fact is that we played like crap for the first 60 minutes and still managed to score enough in the last 20 to win. If Knights fans (and Masters) want to blame anybody for the loss how about they look at their own team before blaming the refs.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8