1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silvertails winning matches on the seventh tackle.

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Brissie Kid, May 20, 2014.

1. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +827 / 10

2. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    He is still a bitter old C and he is drawing a long bow saying knights would won if the stopped the clock with 11 seconds to go......

• Like Like x 2
  3. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    WTF - '..Fans with long memories are accustomed to the Silvertails winning matches on the seventh tackle...' - Watch the replay of the 1995 GF for 7 tackle wins, Roy :mad:

'..A short kick-off, yielding a penalty, could have seen the Knights win the game...' - or not as Manly would have got a penalty if it didn't go 10 meters :cool:

Gidley's taking 15 minutes to kick try conversions probably pissed off the Pinkos :cool:

Roy just can not live in the present :dodgy:

• Like Like x 4
  4. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    "A short kickoff yielding a penalty"

Wow now that is clutching at straws. First of all gidley couldn't convert one from 30m out almost in front he sure ain't going to do it from 40 out and wide.

And that is a whole lot of speculation.

5. Brissie Kid

Ratings:
    +827 / 10
    "A short kickoff yielding a penalty"

I think that actually happened earlier this season in the final 10 seconds of the Storm Panthers game. Wallace missed the penalty shot though.

6. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,519 / 50
    It's okay Roy. Go have a lie down.
    Go Manly!:D

• Like Like x 2
  7. Brissie Kid

Ratings:
    +827 / 10
    ok i just watched the end of the game again.

When Littlejohn's shot goes over the deadball line and until the Knights take the tap there is 7 seconds used up but timeoff is not called.

When Boyd's goes over the deadball line about 4 seconds later the referee calls time off. It takes Manly then another 7 seconds to get the tap done.

As Manly's last play the ball was 5 seconds from fulltime if the referee hadn't called timeoff after Boyd's miss and saved the 7 seconds then the siren would have gone off before Manly got that last play the ball in.

Could also say that Manly were robbed of the 11 seconds too as they could have taken more time with that final set.

Why the referees failed to call time off after Littlejohn's miss is a fair enough question though.

8. MissKate

MissKate Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,021 / 7
    If gurt kidley hadn't taken an age to kick goals the knights would have had an additional 5 mins or so of playing time, he is as much of a time waster as scum smith

9. RiverEagle

RiverEagle New Member

Ratings:
    +1,055 / 0
    Maybe so but it's pedantic in the extreme.
    Next someone could go back through an entire game and find time discrepancies galore...Minutes even!

And this very long bow is being drawn by a dinosaur with a massive agenda against Manly.

YAWN.

• Like Like x 1
  10. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,345 / 111
    If Newcastle were a better team they would have won by plenty. If they ran to every scrum they would have had more game time to win. If they got off tackled players quicker Manly would have gotten through their set quicker thus giving the Druggies the ball back earlier. If Newcastle didn't make mistakes then Manly would have had less ball and I assume scored less points.

11. EagleFromMay1967

EagleFromMay1967 In bed before the room got dark.

Blue Mountains these days
    Ratings:
    +1,212 / 44
    I'm in my element with this one, courtesy of Greg Hartley: :)

Manly have a LONG tradition of winning matches on the 7th tackle. Take for example the 1976 GF, many of the matches during the Hartley ref'd 1978 finals series, and many others, too numerous to mention. There'll only ever be one . . . etc. So if we beat Drugcastle on a 7th tackle, its business as usual, so there shouldn't be any fuss ok ? :)

12. Brissie Kid

Ratings:
    +827 / 10
    I think you're all missing the main thing. The referees wrongly didn't stop the clock after Littlejohn's kick. If they had have made the same stuff up following the Boyd kick Manly would not have got into the Knights half of the field & DCE wouldn't have got in a kick to win the game.

13. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    Roy, if I could smack your face, and smack it hard I would. I don't need to as you have lost all sensibility a long time ago.

14. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Its as moronic as the writer :dodgy:

But last year our Tigers game at Campbeltown was dissected to the minute - pictures of every f@ing scrum, to show how much time is being wasted.

Buzz the Roy wanabe:
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/phil-rothfield-discovers-monday-nights-nrl-match-between-the-tigers-and-sea-eagles-saw-only-49-minutes-of-game-time/story-fni3fbgz-1226689722074

He could do an expose on the Scumos lifting tackles on Hiku and Choc, that are directly correlated to life changing injuries. :idea:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,632 / 74
    We would have scored a try in that extra 11 seconds no risk. We were robbed on for and against.

• Like Like x 2
  16. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,519 / 50
    Jeez those Mighty Manly Sea Eagles p*** people off when they win in the dying seconds.:p
    Loving it.

17. Normie

Normie Well-Known Member

Canberra
    Ratings:
    +326 / 4
    Roy Masters has always hated Manly and is a dinosaur just like Warren Ryan. Walkers at 10 paces..........

• Like Like x 1
  18. Clint

Clint . Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,654 / 14
    Gurt kidley... Bahaha.. Love it..

• Like Like x 1
  19. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Wow... I didn't realise Roy Masters was still alive.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,793 / 122
    The Knights were all collapsed on the ground moaning and gnashing their teeth in despair for at least 30 seconds, so they wouldn't have done their short kick-off, got their penalty (lol) or Gidley kicked a goal (double lol) anyway.