Shoe Dropped?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
It's only Monday, how would he know? Surely the coaches aren't telling these boofheads what might be happening with the team before the players. Bloody hope not!!
Happens all the time at every club.If it’s not revealed via a leak,it’s worked out through people/journos attending training.Pretty sure the rumour that Jake Arthur was going to start in the 6 against the Warriors,was known last Monday despite Schuster being named there on Tuesday

Last edited:
Happens all the time at every club.If it’s not revealed via a leak,it’s worked out through people/joiurnos attending training.Pretty sure the rumour that Jake Arthur was going to start in the 6 against the Warriors,was known last Monday despite Schuster being named there on Tuesday
Yes, I guess so. Still p^sses me off though.

Happens all the time at every club.If it’s not revealed via a leak,it’s worked out through people/journos attending training.Pretty sure the rumour that Jake Arthur was going to start in the 6 against the Warriors,was known last Monday despite Schuster being named there on Tuesday
I go past the AFL Suns training daily and the wankers parked illegally making my commute difficult piss me off.
Same at every ground.

NRL 2023: Manly Sea Eagles axe $800,000 star Josh Schuster to reserve grade

The Sea Eagles have stood down Josh Schuster for the second time this year - just months after he signed a massive $800-a-year extension.

Phil Rothfield
August 21, 2023 - 4:43PM

Manly Sea Eagles coach Anthony Seibold has finally run out of patience with young star Josh Schuster.
The $800,000-a-year utility will be axed to reserve grade for this weekend’s match against the Canterbury Bulldogs.
Schuster will be named on an extended bench in jersey 21 but club sources have confirmed he will play reserves.
Schuster was moved to the second row against the Warriors last weekend but again failed to impress.
This is the second time this year the struggling star has been stood down by the Sea Eagles.
He recently signed a $2.4 million, three-year extension with the club in a move that has been questioned by critics.
Manly bombed out of finals contention after dropping their last three games.

Anyone get behind the paywall?

NRL 2023: Manly Sea Eagles axe $800,000 star Josh Schuster to reserve grade​

The Sea Eagles have stood down Josh Schuster for the second time this year - just months after he signed a massive $800-a-year extension.

Don't miss out on the headlines from NRL. Followed categories will be added to My News.
Unfollow
Manly Sea Eagles coach Anthony Seibold has finally run out of patience with young star Josh Schuster.
The $800,000-a-year utility will be axed to reserve grade for this weekend’s match against the Canterbury Bulldogs.
Schuster will be named on an extended bench in jersey 21 but club sources have confirmed he will play reserves.
Schuster was moved to the second row against the Warriors last weekend but again failed to impress.

More Coverage​

Early Mail: 13-month wait almost over for Papenhuyzen
NRL run home: Predicted finishing order, who misses finals
This is the second time this year the struggling star has been stood down by the Sea Eagles.
He recently signed a $2.4 million, three-year extension with the club in a move that has been questioned by critics.
Manly bombed out of finals contention after dropping their last three games.

I feel it's a real shame for all.
Schu has heaps of natural ability & could be a real star for Manly & an asset for the game in general.
Without knowing what's really going on for him, the team & club, it just looks to me like he's lost interest. I hope he gets back on track asap.

Manly Sea Eagles axe $800,000 star Josh Schuster to reserve grade​

Manly Sea Eagles coach Anthony Seibold has finally run out of patience with his $3.2 million star Josh Schuster after a shocker against the New Zealand Warriors last weekend.

The $800,000-a-year utility will be axed to reserve grade for this weekend’s match against the Canterbury Bulldogs as a result of a lacklustre 20-minute stint against the Warriors in which he had zero runs.

Schuster is on a $3.2 million deal until the end of 2027, a contract chief executive Tony Mestrov insists is still safe at this stage.

He will be named on an extended bench in jersey 21 but Mestrov has confirmed the 22-year-old would play for Manly’s NSW Cup feeder club, Blacktown, against the Bulldogs.

“Josh knows he’s got a lot of work to do,” Mestrov said.

“I think he’s willing to do that but he needs to learn that this club has standards to abide by.

“At the moment his contract is not in danger.

“To play first grade week in, week out, there’s a certain fitness level that’s required.

“He just needs to address that.”

This is the second time this season Schuster has been stood down by Manly over his form and fitness.

On Friday against the Warriors he came on as an edge forward off the bench but made no impression in a game the club had to win to keep their finals hopes alive.

What irked Manly’s coaching staff is that Schuster didn’t even act disappointed after he was replaced against the Warriors like most players when they get hooked.

“His form hasn’t been good enough for the last two or three weeks,” Mestrov said.

“He was dropped to the bench against the Warriors but when he came on the performance wasn’t up to first grade standard. It’s as simple as that.

“He needs to understand there is a particular standard at Manly for all players.

“It’s just not good enough. We all know he’s an exceptionally talented player but he needs to know what he’s produced in recent weeks isn’t going to be accepted.”

Schuster was dropped after round 8 “to allow him to do more reconditioning work on a recent quad injury” and, at the time, Sea Eagles captain Daly Cherry-Evans had a sombre warning for the 22-year-old.

“I have been playing long enough to see so many people at this club not maximise their opportunity,” Cherry-Evans said.

“That is rugby league mate – if you’re not willing to work hard enough, if you’re not willing to sacrifice, you just don’t last long.

“He is at a crossroads early in his career but it can be a real positive. This doesn’t have to be a negative for him – spending some time away to get his body right, this could be a defining moment where he takes off to that level we all know he can.

Mestrov should drop himself for extending him what a **** decision

This decision is 8 weeks overdue. It has been painful to watch Schuster struggle as he has. It is evident that something is badly wrong as his form has regressed so much. He looks slow, disinterested and it miles of the pace of the game.

Whatever the problem is, the club need to get to the bottom of it as he is a massive liability right now!

So it's a Johns Schuster combo with Blacktown or 2nd row with Samuella. Blacktown getting stronger with more additions with Burbo, Parker and Tui coming off the injury list.

What Mestrov go here ?
Why is he airing the dirty laundry he promised he would clean up.

If as it reads he is quoted as saying this, it's pretty poor management to do so in public.

Thats just me though, a good behind closed door talking to and if it's not rectified drop him, pay him out ship him out but no need to go public like that unless there is another agenda at play

It's only Monday, how would he know? Surely the coaches aren't telling these boofheads what might be happening with the team before the players. Bloody hope not!!

Flanagan is Buzz are great mates, and talk after games. Flanagan tells Buzz about all his workings with his Dragons team. Buzz would have then phoned Mestrov to confirm.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8