Shaun "Exit" Lane mega thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The whole pack was great, in fact that's the best game they've played as an awesome team. Everyone did their job and all clicked into gear.
Croker looked very good and with Jake we had two 5/8th's which let DCE run riot. The controlled offloads stuck.

Awesome game especially against the slime. 54 blot erased the memories from the last 6 games against them.

The only place we really don't have quality depth is the halves. Outside of DCE, Croker and Hastings we are rather short there.

Though I did notice yesterday when Croker was off that Hastings still played dummy half while Api moved to 5/8......

Fainu

Shaun Lane has been a revelation this year at prop. I believe he knew that this was his crunch year in terms of his footy career. Apart from the strong running, his defence has been been surprisingly good.

Speaking of defence, I watched a replay of the game after getting home from the game and didn’t realise how much work in defence that Joel Thompson does. He made quite a few important stops yesterday and that left edge is now very solid in defence with Crocker, Kelly and Jorge.

I've always been a fan, but be fair to Shaun I don't think Green gave him too many opportunities last year .... but s**t I really love him as a bench prop

@nightster , Lane played mostly on the right with DCE last year when Siro was injured. Winterstein was on the left with Green.

And 100% agree about loving Lane as a bench prop.

yes you are right the first game, a night game when he came on in the second half he played on the left but yes it was DCE that didn't give him a lot of opportunities on the right :giggle:

Yeah you have to feel a bit for guys like Gosiewski and even Frank Winterstein. Jack scored 4 tries on Saturday and probably thought that he would be a good chance at first grade against his old club next week.....then the NRL pack comes out and completely dominates doesn't-matta in one of the most powerhouse performances I've seen in a long time.

Lane is so much more effective in the middle of the park where he has to stay involved, and Tanginoa, while a bit quieter yesterday than last week, has done nothing wrong other than finding out the hard way not to butt heads with Kapow. And then there was Perrett who came back to first grade with a bang.
He's such a unique physical specimen too - sometimes u wonder if blokes like him own a mirror because they don't always take advantage of that size. But this kid is on the rise and really needs to be persisted with because get him a dozen or so games week in week out and I think he's just gonna get better and better.

He's such a unique physical specimen too - sometimes u wonder if blokes like him own a mirror because they don't always take advantage of that size. But this kid is on the rise and really needs to be persisted with because get him a dozen or so games week in week out and I think he's just gonna get better and better.
He made 153 m off the bench! Just 1 m less than Jake and 6 m more than Marty. He also tackles incredibly hard. One of the best defensive forwards on our team IMO.

Looking the goods so far this year. Ripping into, taking up the tough carries.

But let's not all get too ahead of ourselves. He did burst onto the scene at the Dogs and quickly faded away into oblivion.

Loving Lane's work so far this season, but Lussick brings more aggression and experience - provided he stops giving away silly penalties and/or drop balls.

No harm alternating Lane occasionally to Blacktown, as part of his development.

What a pack with a fit and fired-up Darcy as well.

For the first time in two years, Darcy has serious competition for his spot. He will need to step up to earn/keep it.

To me Lussick, Lane, Perrett and Tanginoa are all one bad game away from being replaced by the others on a week in/week out sort of basis. It's purely form week to week for me.

Lussick has flattered to deceive for a long time and he won't have that luxury anymore.

Lane fit and firing at the moment, would go with him as we want to be 2-1 not have someone on the bench to give them time. If Lanes form waivers and Darcy is firing in NSW cup then they could switch. Until then its on the current side to lose their spot OR be replaced by someone worthy.. IMO

It’s good competition to have
If the current squad keeps performing and don’t need to see a change ,injuries will determine if Lussick gets a run
Or could it be a horses for courses situation where TB picks the best players for the opposition? Where a big pack is better suited or a more mobile pack is needed

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8