Post-Game Discussion Sharks v Manly [Round 21, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Sharks
Vs
Sea Eagles
26 PointsBet Stadium
23 Jul 2023 16:05
80:00 minute

Match Stats

They often talk about “ a game of two halves”.

Well this was a great example of that.

Much will be typed of how bad we were in the second half BUT let’s be honest , there were three factors,

1) an early square up , to get the Sharks back into the game , this happens , particularly when one side jumps out to a huge half time to zip lead.
2) we effectively lost three middles , 1 for the complete game , and then two more in the second half. This was always going to screw up any defensive pattern.
3) and as we know ( see first half ) when one side gets a roll on , multiple penalties & 6 agains , they will score and often.

We won, let’s give them credit for hanging on.

Please refrain from bagging the team in the second half because it had so much to do with losing Aloiai, Paseka and Jake. Middle rotation was screwed and that’s why we keep leaking points at the end. Our players were gassed.
The ones bagging the team in the second half are the ones who have no f$&@en idea and have likely never played a game of RL in their life! 3 middles out and Woody, Logge, Guac, and Kelma with their legs burning. Ref orchestrating the comeback like the Maestro in Seinfeld.

Woods was fkn diabolical, I know he was forced to play more minutes and was gassed but the amount of times he was caught out or missed a tackle through attempting to shirt grab was insane. Even everyone’s whipping boy Schuster was having a dig in defence.

I know we’ll be without Paseka and Aloiai for a bit, but surely we can run a middle rotation of Lodge, Keppie, Bully & Sipley and keep old mate out of the side

Woods was fkn diabolical, I know he was forced to play more minutes and was gassed but the amount of times he was caught out or missed a tackle through attempting to shirt grab was insane. Even everyone’s whipping boy Schuster was having a dig in defence.

I know we’ll be without Paseka and Aloiai for a bit, but surely we can run a middle rotation of Lodge, Keppie, Bully & Sipley and keep old mate out of the side
Having Woods in the team when you are already a man down is like playing with 11 players.

I

A
Please refrain from bagging the team in the second half because it had so much to do with losing Aloiai, Paseka and Jake. Middle rotation was screwed and that’s why we keep leaking points at the end. Our players were gassed.
Agreed and this is when the sharks got a leg up. That Jake hit is a penalty any day and that changed the momentum. We did well to hold on and 2 points needed this time of the year. Just need to keep winning as it’s finals football from now for us and other results can mean we can finish anywhere from 4th to 14th from here on in. Lot of teams above us are playing each other

Forgot to mention how big a sook was nicho today

cry baby GIF
That's a bit disturbing

They often talk about “ a game of two halves”.

Well this was a great example of that.

Much will be typed of how bad we were in the second half BUT let’s be honest , there were three factors,

1) an early square up , to get the Sharks back into the game , this happens , particularly when one side jumps out to a huge half time to zip lead.
2) we effectively lost three middles , 1 for the complete game , and then two more in the second half. This was always going to screw up any defensive pattern.
3) and as we know ( see first half ) when one side gets a roll on , multiple penalties & 6 agains , they will score and often.

We won, let’s give them credit for hanging on.
A weird "game of two halves" though where the team with the wind in their face was the one scoring all the points. I felt for certain we would go to town in the second half.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11