Shafted in 2019 Semi vs Souths

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

silvertail

Reserve Grader
Hard to forget that match where Jake was our second sin bin. We went from having a 6 point lead with 13 to go to losing the match. Jake‘s absence n the middle was telling. DCE blew up deluxe. Harsh decision to say Jake held back Gagai to warrant the sin bin.

I just want a fair go from the refs. I’m nervous because the press are setting the stage that it’s South’s 4th time in the GF qualifier and of course, it’s Wayne’s last chance to deliver a title for the bunnies.

that game has haunted me for years. That 2019 Manly similarly to this year's 2021 Roosters side had been decimated by injuries. Nothing new, but the way we fought, the way our fill-ins stepped up and performed, the whole "next man up" mentality, backs against the walls mentality, I was so proud of that season. One of my favourite non-title Manly Sea Eagles seasons.

And unlike 2021 Roosters, we put in a much better fight in that week 2 semi-final, and we were the better team and we deserved better than how we got kicked out. I genuinely think if we came out of that game, we would've beaten the raiders in the prelim, we had the wood on them for the last few years. Whether we would've beaten that stacked roosters side in a GF is a different story. But Friday, we get our revenge, take back what is ours.

Last edited:
But the referees boss said on the weekend when Moses was pulled back that it should have been a penalty and not a sin bin?

From memory, much difference to what Jake did when he was sin binned?

Anyway, we won't need dodgy calls on Friday night as we will be too far ahead.

that game has haunted me for years. That 2019 Manly similarly to this year's 2021 Roosters side had been decimated by injuries. Nothing new, but the way we fought, the way our fill-ins stepped up and performed, the whole "next man up" mentality, backs against the walls mentality, I was so proud of that season. One of my favourite non-title Manly Sea Eagles seasons.

And unlike 2021 Roosters, we put in a much better fight in that week 2 semi-final, and we were the better team and we deserved better than how we got kicked out. I genuinely think if we came out of that game, we would've beaten the raiders in the prelim, we had the wood on them for the last few years Whether we would've beaten that stacked roosters side in a GF is a different story. But Friday, we get our revenge, take back what is ours.
We were in complete control of that game until the Sin bin. Simple as that.

We can do that again, and hopefully get a fair shot from the refs and win.

NYEagle

Jake's sin binning was a joke. The South player appeared to be deliberately blocking him. In saying that though I can live with it. It was the referee's job to pull it up not Jake's job to throw him out of the way. Yes, I know the ref was never going to call it but it was still his job.

The ref call (non call) that really p@ssed me off was the Burgess stiff arm on Scorpio that not only prevented him chasing a kick but opened a hole for the South's player who picked up the ball to run through. The NRL then rubbed salt into the wound by OK ing the decision in the post match review. If we get that sort of refereeing performance again we're scr@wed before we even get on the field.

Burgess knocked out Cust as well

Jake puts a target on himself with some of his plays. Against Melbourne there was some really blatant stuff there (Melbourne do it much more but they are more sly)

We need a wrestling coach

Souths are going to just press the momentum button in the middle from the Go...
Hope Keppie is out early to shorten them up and along with Jake, can halt the momentum through that middle third and minimise the floodgates in that ruck area...Cook - Murray.
This can go a long way to reducing the opportunities for my biggest fear, their attack on that deadly Cody Walker left edge, which coincides with out staggered right edge defence, which has not been working as a unit - in fact been a staggered line and luckily enough, only been caught out by the ruthless Storm team.
IF this can be achieved, along with Optimum pressure on Adam Reynolds kicking game, we have enough of our own attacking Power for them to deal with that should be converted into many scoring opportunities down their end of the field.

Souths are going to just press the momentum button in the middle from the Go...
Hope Keppie is out early to shorten them up and along with Jake, can halt the momentum through that middle third and minimise the floodgates in that ruck area...Cook - Murray.
This can go a long way to reducing the opportunities for my biggest fear, their attack on that deadly Cody Walker left edge, which coincides with out staggered right edge defence, which has not been working as a unit - in fact been a staggered line and luckily enough, only been caught out by the ruthless Storm team.
IF this can be achieved, along with Optimum pressure on Adam Reynolds kicking game, we have enough of our own attacking Power for them to deal with that should be converted into many scoring opportunities down their end of the field.

We were in complete control of that game until the Sin bin. Simple as that.

We can do that again, and hopefully get a fair shot from the refs and win.

NYEagle
Parker was the player binned for tripping feathered friend

Jake has done that a few times since then so I don't think it was an accident. That said Gagai fell like he had been shot and from what I remember, Souths received a lot of nothing penalties that game particularly coming out of their own half.

Hopefully the refs aren't a big factor tomorrow but not expecting much from Ash Klein, he's 0/2 so far these finals

Souths have the same fears also tbh, just think we have more options than them. So looking forward to this match up, the first 15m will be the softening up period, can't see it turning out to be like the Parra Penrith match though. Who comes out looking fresher with the better plays will come out the winner, and that's us !!

Jake has done that a few times since then so I don't think it was an accident. That said Gagai fell like he had been shot and from what I remember, Souths received a lot of nothing penalties that game particularly coming out of their own half.

Hopefully the refs aren't a big factor tomorrow but not expecting much from Ash Klein, he's 0/2 so far these finals
Yeh the rotten calls started well before the Jake incident....some weird calls actually, including a blatent Rabbit knock on 10m from there own line that somehow turned into an extra 2 - 3 piggy back penalties when we had All the momentum....the Jake incident was more a sweet icing and candles on the fat cake of corruption....in saying that, I'm a fan of using sh** calls as a motivation and just getting on with it....but some days like this and the 2013 GF in hindsight - are Stinkers.

But the referees boss said on the weekend when Moses was pulled back that it should have been a penalty and not a sin bin?

From memory, much difference to what Jake did when he was sin binned?

Anyway, we won't need dodgy calls on Friday night as we will be too far ahead.
Jakes was certainly way less blatant from my memory than Luili 's effort on that whining,arms up all the time , bitch Moses

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8