• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Used to be a fan of Clint , he went to the Eels and has just become an absolute smart arse wanker.

No thank you very much !!

When Ruben tried to talk to the ref at half time against the Eels, (where they deliberately set off the siren as he went in for a conversion)...and gutho ran up, shoved him out of the way because 'he' wanted to talk to the ref; showed me the transformation to the dark side was truly complete.

Total toolbag.

Not a bad footy player though.

Ok so Kennedy won’t work, (unless Tom become the roving player, I’m not advocating that but it didn’t play out to badly in origin) anyway it wasn’t so much about Will as the combination of $ available by letting Suli and Walker go, then using those funds to purchase a marquee signing that could give us a suitable cover for Tom if necessary and the option of having that roving role for Tom to link up with similar to how he played linking in with Teddy and Mitchell during origin.
You've quite rightly identified Kennedy as a wonderful footballer but no salary cap exists where you buy someone else's FG fullback as your backup option. Backup options are quality wingers that are happy to slot in at 1 where necessary or a rookie 1 from U/20s. The exception being Hynes who was a late bloomer and a manufactured 1 by a super coach and who now is collecting a payday elsewhere because Melbourne's cap can't afford him.

Raiders - Rapana (winger)
Dragons - Jack Bird (terrible option) or Tyrell Sloane (debuted for Dragons)
Panthers - Crichton (debuted for Penrith)
Broncos - Niu and Isaako (both debuted for Broncs; one centre, one winger)
Roosters - Manu (centre and debuted for Roosters)
Rabbitohs - Johnson (winger and debuted for Souths)
Titans - Jayden Campbell (debuted for Titans)
Cowboys - Jake Granville (hooker)
Tigers - Mbye (utility)
Eels - Will Smith (reserve grader)
Warriors - Walsh (rookie with 9 games to his name)
Bulldogs - Meaney and Allan (alternating given neither have nailed down the spot)
Sharks - right now they have no one with Dugan and Moylan injured - Mulitalo?
Knights - Tex Hoy (reserve grader that debuted for Newcastle)

It's clear that not one club has purchased a serious fullback from another club to be a backup fullback. You could argue Dugan, but he actually went backwards and has played mostly centre at the Sharks after his days as a fullback perished.

So, the idea of spending money to buy someone that can cover Tom is not a luxury any club can afford. The reality is, you have your best 1 and you do whatever you can to keep them on the field. When they are injured, you have to hope for a decent winger or up and coming rookie to fill the void.

Gutho would be the perfect buy for Manly .... local boy who would love to play at Brookie and wear the Maroon and White ... a very very good stand-by for Tom at fullback, can play wing, centre and 5/8 at a very high level, and is a competitor who likes to make things happen ... but ... may have priced himself out of the role ... but would love him to return home ..

And just to start the ****-stirring ... all you blokes that like to rewite history with the BS about how he originally left ... here is your chance to right the wrong ... how much would you pay him and what position would you play him ?? ...

Gutho would be the perfect buy for Manly .... local boy who would love to play at Brookie and wear the Maroon and White ... a very very good stand-by for Tom at fullback, can play wing, centre and 5/8 at a very high level, and is a competitor who likes to make things happen ... but ... may have priced himself out of the role ... but would love him to return home ..

And just to start the ****-stirring ... all you blokes that like to rewite history with the BS about how he originally left ... here is your chance to right the wrong ... how much would you pay him and what position would you play him ?? ...
That ship has sailed @Woodsie He seems to be happy at Parra, and they seem pretty happy to keep him there long term. We have moved on, and so has he.

But in response to your question on pay rate and position, if he was to come back to Manly somehow. 500K Five Eight

Last edited:

The thing about Gutho is right now, he has the keys to city of Parramatta. He is their captain, close to/if not their highest paid player, fullback (preferred position), coaches pet and fan favourite.

It's not impossible, but I would say he is long odds to give all that up to come to Manly, play under another captain, take a pay cut, play out of position, build a relationship with a new coach and disappoint his adoring fans, all because he played 5 games for us 7 years ago...

There is this temptation to think of him as a 6 but he is relatively untried there (outside of 3-4 games). To pay someone upwards of 800k to come and 'try his luck' at a new and very demanding position, is also a huge risk for Manly. If he flopped, we'd be paying him to top dollar to run around on the wing or in the centres, where his best attitributes (support play, work rate, pass) would all be wasted.

So, no, not a perfect buy by any stretch.

Gutho is still under contract with the Eels for next year i think , so 2023 if he did make a move somewhere . Best positions as a one or 6 on past indications , unlikely to be of much interest to Manly especially at his expected asking price, even allowing for his utility value . Already have some promising juniors coming through like Koula and the young half Fainu , stick to that course would surely be a better option .
Agreed.

Although I wouldn’t mind having him back here at some stage, it appears that that window has closed.

• 🤝
Reactions: lsz

It's not about what we'd pay him and what position he'd play.
It's about what he wants to be paid and what position he wants to play.

Broncos fullback 2023 looks like a good option for him, they'll pay what he wants.

The thing about Gutho is right now, he has the keys to city of Parramatta. He is their captain, close to/if not their highest paid player, fullback (preferred position), coaches pet and fan favourite.

It's not impossible, but I would say he is long odds to give all that up to come to Manly, play under another captain, take a pay cut, play out of position, build a relationship with a new coach and disappoint his adoring fans, all because he played 5 games for us 7 years ago...

There is this temptation to think of him as a 6 but he is relatively untried there (outside of 3-4 games). To pay someone upwards of 800k to come and 'try his luck' at a new and very demanding position, is also a huge risk for Manly. If he flopped, we'd be paying him to top dollar to run around on the wing or in the centres, where his best attitributes (support play, work rate, pass) would all be wasted.

So, no, not a perfect buy by any stretch.

All you say is true .. I also rate the chances of him giving up the kingdom as slim ... and I also think he has out priced himself ... but I do maintain that at a certain price, his ability to cover for Tom would alone make him the perfect buy .. just on half of what he probably wants ... and as far as the captaincy goes ... DCE isn't getting any younger ..

It's not about what we'd pay him and what position he'd play.
It's about what he wants to be paid and what position he wants to play.

Broncos fullback 2023 looks like a good option for him, they'll pay what he wants.

Agree .. only looking at it from our perspective .. not what I think will happen.

If we were gonna spend big on a back, Joey Manu would be the only one I'd consider. Can play 1,2,3,4,5 and 6, all at a very high level and is happy to play centre. Doesn't play Origin and has plenty of big game experience. Would be commanding a hefty price for his next contract but worth every cent.

Last edited:
Despite still living, here and being a local junior, after the way he was disposed of by Manly there's no way he'd come back.

We don't need him and his ego anyway!
im not in the know but i was under the impression that he realised there was no chance of him playing fullback at manly with snake the incumbent and turbo in the wings. when he was given the option of leaving for an opportunity elsewhere he took it.

Hmmmm, tough one.

• He ain't playing fullback (replacing Tom)
  • He's too expensive for a winger / centre
  • He's not displacing Foran, or the succession in Schuster

Cost:
Fullback: $650k
Centre: $450k
Winger: $300k
5/8: $650k

im not in the know but i was under the impression that he realised there was no chance of him playing fullback at manly with snake the incumbent and turbo in the wings. when he was given the option of leaving for an opportunity elsewhere he took it.

What makes it really murky though is that the club extended his contract together with Turbo and Jake just months before they told him he was free to leave. He was made to feel wanted with the extension then it became public knowledge that Tooves was being punted and Guth was then told he could look elsewhere.

Melbourne have transitioned well from Slater, Cronk and Scam to their new crop. I think Manly could have done similar if our club wasn’t badly mismanaged from 2014 onwards

I think he is happy at eels because Arthur let's him have his own way. Once Arthur is moved on, Gutha might not feel as appreciated by the new coach. He will leave Parra one day via his own decision.

Looking at the table below, it seems that we will be signing a couple of new players. It's very unlikely that Boyle, Funa Gosiewski and Taufua will be given new contracts. It's also possible that Sironen is out the door and that Walker might be as well. Personally, I think they will both be still on our books in 2022. Saddler and Sione Fainu are almost certain to be upgraded as their development contracts finish at the end of the season. That leaves two spots for players from other club's open for 2022.
This of course assumes that Suli and Cust don't get released, and that Davey remains with us also. Manase Fainu is contracted through 2022, and I really don't know what the club does with him after that. I would be tempted to resign him for two more years, sooner rather then later. There is also room for one more player on a development contract.

Josh Aloiai202120222023
Morgan Boyle2021
Daly Cherry-Evans202120222023
Lachlan Croker202120222023
Cade Cust20212022
Andrew Davey20212022
Manase Fainu20212022
Kieran Foran20212022
Tevita Funa2021
Reuben Garrick202120222023
Jack Gosiewski2021
Morgan Harper202120222023
Sean Keppie2021202220232024
Tolutau Koula20212022
Karl Lawton20212022
Haumole Olakau'ata2021202220232024
Brad Parker202120222023
Taniela Paseka2021202220232024
Jason Saab202120222023
Joshua Schuster2021202220232024
Toafofoa Sipley202120222023
Curtis Sironen2021
Moses Suli20212022
Jorge Taufua2021
Martin Taupau20212022
Ben Trbojevic20212022
Jake Trbojevic202120222023202420252026
Tom Trbojevic202120222023202420252026
Christian Tuipulotu2021202220232024
Dylan Walker2021

Development Contracts​

Sione Fainu2021
Jamie Humphreys20222023
Alec Tu'itavake202120222023
Zac Saddler2021
Kaeo Weekes20212022
Out of those unsigned for next year, I can only see Sippers as a must.

They sure forget about all the 'leg-ups' they've been given very quickly.

Hard done by Parra, fmd - gotta be kidding. Get off what you've been smoking gutho.

Well...at least he doesn't sound like a whinging worm...

Gutherson suggested there was an agenda being driven to destabilise his team as three straight losses, contract talk and speculation over coach Brad Arthur’s future threatens to engulf a once-promising campaign.

“Obviously, that’s why it (the contract figure) is out there – "they’re" trying to make it hard on us. When you’re down, they try and take you down,” dingbat said.

“After any loss people are pointing fingers to try and pinpoint what’s gone wrong.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10