Seems the "cleanout" is broader than we think: Now the Angels?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NYEagle

Bencher
What's going on?

Not even the Eagles Angels are safe:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...iders-parting-with-manly-20150730-ginrao.html

I hate it when corporates come in to "shake things up" and change everything.

They are killing Manly's culture.

I think Joe Kelly is an NRL plant to dismantle the Manly culture leaving an empty generic franchise for the NRL to move wherever they want. Sure looks that way.

NYEagle

This is terrible publicity for the club. It's also the second time it has been mentioned in the press that the Angels weren't happy.

The Angels were the ones who said no contract for Glenn Stewart. Apparently he wasn't a Gift from Heaven.

First toovey, then the angels and then the fans.

The Penns will get rid of everyone eventually.

Kelly said that that current management had met with the Eagles Angels in December 2014.

"The Eagles Angels were impressed that we met with them," Kelly said.

This guy should change his name to Joe King because he cannot be serious...

Very sad but has been on the cards all year. I really can't fathom this mob. It's like they just want to pull apart the whole fabric of the club in case it has the slightest remnants of what was known as our culture.
And for those blaming Kelly, he is nothing but a puppet. If he doesn't do as he is told, he has no job.
So over the Penns and ZtH.

And ... Because the Penns never will, I'd like to thank the Angels for all their wonderful charity work, their drive, for bringing a sense of fun with their commitment, and for being a huge part of raising the profile of women within the sport.
And welcome to the footy club!!!

Last edited:
To be completely honest though - why do we need a separate female supporter group? We should be one group of supporters and that's it. My daughters are growing up members of the club, not part of a female specific subset. That carries on to all things.

Another Disconnect and its not the first time the angels have been mentioned or have raised it themselves.

Why would a club that is struggling financially (as stated by the owners) get rid of an arm which is making money??

Kelly said that that current management had met with the Eagles Angels in December 2014.

"The Eagles Angels were impressed that we met with them," Kelly said.

"A select group of Angels were also invited to be our special guests at the Women in League round (in May) at Brookvale Oval but unfortunately declined."

OMG - This says it all - women, who we deem to be worthy of us, should be impressed that we deign to acknowledge their existence :banghead:

Manly Owners have totally lost touch with all aspects of their Membership base :mad:

To be completely honest though - why do we need a separate female supporter group? We should be one group of supporters and that's it. My daughters are growing up members of the club, not part of a female specific subset. That carries on to all things.
Always respect your thoughts Loobs but in this case I don't think it's about the likes of your daughters. The Angels come from a not-so-long-ago when women didn't have a place in the game, when the big awards night was a male only affair, and a female CEO was unimaginable. These are high powered women in their own right who've given a huge amount to the club and, in my mind, should have earned the respect of any powers that be.

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8