Seems the "cleanout" is broader than we think: Now the Angels?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Central Coast myth is just Gold Coast v2. Plenty of juniors but no sponsorship money to pour into the club.

The Tigers would be the logical club to fold but Wests will more likely buy them out and keep it going. The Dragons are also running on fumes. The Penn's at least have money going for them.

Yesterday the Liverpool Mayor anounced a new multi million dollar sports area in Liverpool. Trotted Farrah put to promote it.
So Wests have won that merger and will relocate in 2 years when the grounds are complete.

Makes sense, as so many NRL juniors are sourced from Sydney's SW

OK so here is a fair question - the article itself refers to things they did 10+ years ago, but as a group - what have they actually done recently?

OK so here is a fair question - the article itself refers to things they did 10+ years ago, but as a group - what have they actually done recently?

That's a fair question , of course they get a fully sponsored box at every home game.

There's no doubt they are high profile and would spread the Eagles brand as much as they can but someone who knows ( perhaps one of the ladies who post on here ) might be able to tell us.

Kaspersky was sourced as a major sponsor. Biggest sponsor that Manly has ever had, in dollar terms and duration.

Also introduced the Community Engagement concept.
They continue this with and without Manly Players being 'officially' available.
Matty for instance was very active in the Angels' fund raiser for Roki.

NYE I said this some months ago. For my trouble I received a few dislikes and I think one troll. Therefore I said very little about this in recent times.

The NRL 'needs' one less team in Sydney and they seemed to have picked Manly for some reason. I don't know why they didn't pick Wests, Easts, Dogs or even Souths. Maybe because they have big corporate backing unlike Manly so maybe they have seen Manly as the weakest link.

My thoughts I expressed earlier were in summary, let Manly drop to her knees financially and with the NRL bailout be then forced to the Central Coast. One less team in Sydney and a lovely newish ground at Gosford.

Then Manly (Central Coast) will be allowed to rebuild and then become a force in the NRL again.

Mind you it wouldn't be all that bad because Manly would cover the Northern Beaches to the lower Central Coast in a very large junior basin. (For my personal thoughts, I'd like it because I live one hour north of Gosford and don't face a two or two and a half hour drive to Brookvale and then try to park which we all know is a problem.)

So if I am right and I hope I am not here is what may happen:

1 Continually give bad press coverage to every little misdemeanour to make a case of dysfunction within the club.
2 Limit the power of the Head Coach (2V) so he cannot buy the players he wants.
3 Allow factions to develop and publicise these faction's differences.
4 Have a mole in the boardroom to leak every damaging bit of dirty laundry.
5 Keep accomplishments to a minimum and under-play them as much as possible.
6 When the new coach comes in give him a bit of breathing room and then pounce.
7 Place people in positions of power who may not have the best interests of the club at heart but may be working to another agenda.
8 Disenfranchise the fan base so when a relocation is imminent there will be very little fan rumble.
9 Continually offer hope of a better stadium and an upgrade that will never happen.
10 Have a wonderful stadium available at another location.
11 Let the club die financially and then be 'forced' to relocate with a whopping NRL grant to re-establish the club at a new location.
12 This then can happen at a time best suited for those involved.
13 Continually promise one thing then fail to deliver and then 're-educate' the population to think the right outcome has been achieved.

To quote Joseph Goebbels:

“It would not be impossible to prove with sufficient repetition and a psychological understanding of the people concerned that a square is in fact a circle. They are mere words, and words can be moulded until they clothe ideas and disguise.”

“Think of the press as a great keyboard
on which the government can play.”

“Faith moves mountains, but only knowledge moves them to the right place...”

Anyway guys just my thoughts and I hope I am wrong. But I remember Peter Peters comments we won't move from Brookvale, voluntarily (paraphrasing).

By the way I am not a fan of any issm be that Communism or Fascism but I quote Goebbels simply as a mastermind of what can be done using propaganda.

Finally the truth is revealed !

I don't buy it.
The NRL only controls four clubs - Newcastle, St-G, Wests and the Titans. The remaining 12 are united and could form their own comp from 2017 when the current agreements end. These 12 clubs are in a position to dictate to the NRL, not the other way around.
The comp would not suffer greatly if those four clubs were not involved. In fact, it would improve because all teams would play one another twice. The TV networks would still pay big bucks for this 'breakaway' comp.
Thus, how much power the NRL wields over clubs at the moment is very tenuous. The NRL is just an administrative body. They can be easily replace. You can't replace football clubs that easily.

I don't buy it.
The NRL only controls four clubs - Newcastle, St-G, Wests and the Titans. The remaining 12 are united and could form their own comp from 2017 when the current agreements end. These 12 clubs are in a position to dictate to the NRL, not the other way around.
The comp would not suffer greatly if those four clubs were not involved. In fact, it would improve because all teams would play one another twice. The TV networks would still pay big bucks for this 'breakaway' comp.
Thus, how much power the NRL wields over clubs at the moment is very tenuous. The NRL is just an administrative body. They can be easily replace. You can't replace football clubs that easily.

Super SUPER League?

YEP.
You in?
I think a 12-team comp is ideal. And getting rid of the current crop of bloated, anti-fan administrators can't come soon enough for me.
But but this would mean professional league on the Gold Coast is a failure and that is just not right

Good news feathered friends is that our cheerleaders are here to stay !!!
n696936332_423321_9352.jpg

To be completely honest though - why do we need a separate female supporter group? We should be one group of supporters and that's it. My daughters are growing up members of the club, not part of a female specific subset. That carries on to all things.
Cause without those ladies we would have struggled to survive as a club. They do a heck of a lot of good and must be retained.

Last edited:
People like the Penns only care about themselves and couldn't give a stuff about anyone else. It is always just about money for rich people

The complete lack of information from them and the club since they took over is a disgrace.

They have a complete lack of engagement with the fans and it will be interesting to see how next year pans out. If Barrett doesn't get instant results fans are going to be pissed.

From all reports we have no major sponsor next year and other sponsors are leaving. Not a good sign for the club

They should have kept Toovey in some sort of support/management role at the club. Would prefer that he had Kelly's job
Woah dude, it was just a pun, for the love of the pun man for the love of the pun

the penn company are only interested in what they can get out of the club not what the club can get from them.12 months time they will sell the club out and sell to their own development company to build town houses/units on the property and want the team to play out of one of the major stadiums no brooky as that is too costly to renovate so will take the leagues option of the stadiums, council is also in on this act so they can lease to other sports. not too bad eh council gets to make profits out of a bequest that brooky be open to the public for most of the year as park space the poor bugger who bequested this would be rolling in his grave as for me after this stupid year and sacking of a club legend I have had enough. I was their first aid /docs assistant from 1966 to 1973 and this great club was part of my life,and the players and staff bled maroon & white, one of our players ,alec tennant had a problem with taking the ball with a finger, he had it removed in the off season and came back and played like the champion he was, other players of the time like fred and nick yakitch often played with injuries that players of today would be out for weeks,all these players gave more than any of these players today and they also had full time jobs to hold down, our great leaders ken arthurson, doug daley etc were the greatest of their time but knew how to handle people, that's why we were so good, and brought players to the club that wanted to play for us. As or the nrl what a bunch of soft cocks they take over the debts of the gold coast and allow them to try and sign dce luckily he woke up and backflipped the nrl will help these useless clubs instead of taking their licences off them or relocate them to another state to make this a game played in every state. mr smith is only interested in what he can get out of league and nothing else. I am sorry about this rave but after 60 years following this great team and 52 years as a member of the leagues club I think I can spit one last time as from now on I will be handing in my membership, and my hard earned will not be going to the penn pockets , I will still cheer on our team until the very end, which as stated I believe will not be too far off, max delmage thanks for what you did to keep us afloat but to the penn clan I hope a thousand birds **** on your heads and makes life hard and dirty remember you arsehole karma is bitch and she will get you.
MANLY FOREVER SIGNING OFF FOR GOOD
Zambuck

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4