SeaEagles V Raiders @ Brookie Rd 11 GameDay chat #GoManly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Pick the Margin

• Manly 1-4

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Manly 5-8

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Manly 9-12

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Manly 13+

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canberra 1-12

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Canberra 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How many minutes for Gower....10-15 ?

No errors or missed tackles. A line break + 30 metres. If the low minutes are correct thats not bad.

Ugly,ugly win but considering the injuries it was the 2 points we had to get.We desperately need a fit and fully functional Snake at the back, our attack looks hesitant without him. The Stewart brothers combine so well we will be much better in attack when they are both back to full fitness

People on here must have amnesia, Farrar under the high ball is terrible. No way will we see him back in 1st grade. Well I hope not anyway.

Jatz Crackers said:
How many minutes for Gower....10-15 ?

No errors or missed tackles. A line break + 30 metres. If the low minutes are correct thats not bad.

He was on for a couple of minutes. Pretty eventful 2-3 minutes tho.

I remember seeing a clip of Watmough cleaning up a Tigers player in a trial match a few years back, might have been Benji? Been waiting to see him go again since then, picked the biggest bloke possible and didn't disappoint. Seemed to be enjoying it to boot. Big game all round.

Maybe they change mics but Manly players were being called/warned for offside all night and I think I heard one Canberra player warned. Apparently you can lay all over a tackled Manly player and turn him over after the tackle has been completed also. Must of been one of the new rule changes they brought in this week I guess. Oh well.

How fast did the pastel green machine get off their line while defending? a few times I saw the ref walking up with them??? How can you then call them offside or going early. I noticed the calls to Manly guys to get onside all night also.

Can't believe ppl are having a go at Hiku?
He made some errors, and so did all the big boys.
He got himself involved nicely in the second half.
That was a gutsy win under dubious referring...(when Belcher's calling the raiders close to off-side, you know there a mile infront).
The Raiders had that, they know it, Campese knows it, and yet the boys hung tight. Thank god they've got the bye..they need it.

I thought it was a great victory. Canberra were on their game, and can be extremely dangerous. As predicted, Edrick Lee will be an Origin player as he just can't be contained under the cross field kick. Our forwards again stood up to the assault, and Canberra must be one of the biggest teams in the comp. They also have a pacey backline, so to score four tries to two was a wonderful result.
I'm extremely proud of our guys. We seem to cop one-sided refereeing every match yet we never give in.
We are very lucky to support such a griup of gutsy players.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Hiku has made quite a few errors over the past couple of games but we need him to develop and that will only happen with experience. The likelihood is Brett could miss more games over the next few years and we need someone to fill in both at fullback and on the wing if necessary.

Very proud of their effort tonight and they were deserved winners. They can enjoy the week off, they've earned it.

The Who said:
I thought it was a great victory. Canberra were on their game, and can be extremely dangerous. As predicted, Edrick Lee will be an Origin player as he just can't be contained under the cross field kick. Our forwards again stood up to the assault, and Canberra must be one of the biggest teams in the comp. They also have a pacey backline, so to score four tries to two was a wonderful result.
I'm extremely proud of our guys. We seem to cop one-sided refereeing every match yet we never give in.
We are very lucky to support such a griup of gutsy players.

Lee does not like the impact. He shys away from the full contact in defense and goes for the intercept. Bringing the ball back from a kick he doesn't look to break through. But under the high ball he is damn good

Scoring from bombs is now the easiest option in RL. Until the rules change we have all teams using it as their primary scoring option. It's a pity, but it will mean Lee and other beanpoles will be invaluable.
How many attacking plays do you see from scrums? Virtually none. It's now a very predictable sport; I love it, but I'd like to see coaches/players come up with backline moves like the old days rather than kicking to the beanpoles. I think serious consideration should be given for reducing the value of a try scored this way.

we got the win , and we needed it.. tough & gutsy win considering

- short turn around
- 90 mins of footy last week
- injuries
- players not 100%
- missing conversions

but boy we make it hard for ourselves , drop balls/stupid passes in crucial times and silly penalties...

we lost the penalty count again , all this defense ( is great ) but we need some energy for the end of the season..

need more possession !!!!

good win , need the break.. well done boys

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8