Saw Lowey last night

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Darren

Bencher
Hi all, great win and seeing heaps of fans there last night!

On a downer, Lowey was in front of me in the food line up during Toyota cup last night and it was abit surreal. I didn't recognise him (he was directly in front) but heard this familiar voice and when he turned it was Graham. Awful news to write but he looked terrible :(

He looked like very tired, on the tele he doesn't look too bad but last night he waited to the side of me while the food was being cooked and I thought how could he be a CEO of an organisation?? Makes you realise your health is the most important thing in the world, to think he is just over 60!!

If Dan or anyone thinks this should be deleted that is cool. Just wanted our fans to remember that he is doing a top job, maybe under difficult circumstances. :(

Hate to hear of anyone on the sick list.

Maybe it was a good sign you seen him, he may be getting over something.

I wish him well.

agree BE, when I have seen him on tele he has looked ok, last night was a different man, hopefully just a real bad day

I saw Lowey in Mona Vale last week and he looked fine. He probably just ate at the league club before he went to the game

Was a big fan of our CEO until I met him.
Thanked him for doing a great job and tried to thank him for doing an unthanked (but probably highly paid) job.
Said some quite disparaging comments about Sivertails.net
He couldn't understand that while he talked MWSE 24/7 some of us tragics couldn't get enough of them, considering we don't live on the Northern Beaches.
"Water off a duck's back." was his comment repeatedly.

Mind you, me speaking Braille probably wasn't helping matters.
Very disappointed, but the rest of the staff were very friendly & charasmatic.

Darren said:
lismore, don't get what you are trying to say, how did he know about silvertails?? braille??

Why did you think that the club would not know about Silvertails Darren?
Have you not seen the membership team posting on here?
The official site used to point people here for a while but doesn't anymore (Don't know why?)

vidmar said:
Darren said:
lismore, don't get what you are trying to say, how did he know about silvertails?? braille??

Why did you think that the club would not know about Silvertails Darren?
Have you not seen the membership team posting on here?
The official site used to point people here for a while but doesn't anymore (Don't know why?)

It still does Vid
http://www.manlyseaeagles.com.au/message-board-holding.asp

If he's lining up for a pie at Brookie, he'd HAVE to have both a lot of fortitude, and constitution :).

Also, good on the bloke for mixing with the masses.

Ryan said:

I’ve seen that for the NSW away games Lowie likes to get there with his kids when possible and he seems to like to have a wander around and speak to people when he can.

At Brookie we’ve bumped in to him a few times walking around the concourse in front of the Hill pre-game mixing with the crowd and having the craic.

He always seems to be happy to say G'day to people and is happy to speak when people ask him stuff or make a point - I guess the intimacy and the fact they are willing to chat face to face or front him with things they are not happy about is preferable to someone slagging you off through the anonymity of the internet?

vidmar said:
Ryan said:

I’ve seen that for the NSW away games Lowie likes to get there with his kids when possible and he seems to like to have a wander around and speak to people when he can.

At Brookie we’ve bumped in to him a few times walking around the concourse in front of the Hill pre-game mixing with the crowd and having the craic.

He always seems to be happy to say G'day to people and is happy to speak when people ask him stuff or make a point - I guess the intimacy and the fact they are willing to chat face to face or front him with things they are not happy about is preferable to someone slagging you off through the anonymity of the internet?

Ouch !! :dodgy:
Nice back-hander there mate.
LoL

I don't know Darren, but for a teacher you really don't seem have much tact.

You could simply say he didn't look well but "Sick old Man" is a little harsh.

I'm no Lowe fan, especially considering we didn't get a new Major sponsor. But having a crack at a guy who may of looked off at a game of footy is ordinary.

Ouch !! :dodgy:
Nice back-hander there mate.
LoL
[/quote]

Glad it was taken with the intention meant?

We are way overdue you shouting me a sandwich pre-game - I'll be there Saturday maybe a Bistro catch up?

How is it that some on here assume that Lowe should like silvertails?

I know if an internet forum existed where day in day out people took it on themselves to express their displeasure at me, my appointment, my characteristics, my job performance, my future prospects, my past and my ability to do anything at all - then perhaps I would not only avoid it, but probably detest it as well.

Not saying people don't have a right to their opinion or even that they are right or wrong - lets not open that can of worms again, just that facts are facts, this is not a Lowe friendly environment.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8