Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
NRL already in retreat?

It might have been a case of, most of the other clubs would have backed us. The roosters were willing to fight for Joe Kelly.

I wonder if we had talks with them.

But now there is no reason to get into a fight because things are going to change without one.

The Nrl get the outcome they want and not lose any face. Every other club gets to continue with the third party deals that we got done for with no recrimination.

"When I talk to people who have issues with TPAs, I hear a lot of problems but I don't hear a lot of solutions."
Todd Greenberg.
So what is your solution Todd ? Take clubs to court ? Great leadership

Great leaders do not become part of the problem they become part of the solution Todd.

r0_415_5184_3341_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

"When I talk to people who have issues with TPAs, I hear a lot of problems but I don't hear a lot of solutions."
Todd Greenberg.

Great leaders do not become part of the problem they become part of the solution Todd.

View attachment 7433
An there is the issue @BOZO . Great Leader this fool isn't.

As again was generally accepted at the time , T P A "s were primarily introduced to present an inducement for the more high profile players to stay in the N R L and to allow some more understandable and acceptable earning capacity l but of course with no initial basic guidelines or regulation , it was always going to present a uneven and non level playing field . Initiative some restrictions and limits and this may or should improve the current inequitable and unfair situation that some clubs try to exploit .

The way to fix TPA's is to stop them entirely. If players don't want to play for the money that's on offer they are free to leave; there's always someone ready to take their place.
Correct...
It' all players or none.
Cannot have Todd use his discretion on players getting topped up and not others in which he (nrl) reject..
A star player in Todds eyes may not be a star player in a fans or community or business leaders eyes..
Another fail Todd.

If a players signs a tpa for 3 years moves to another club after 2 and the tpa doesnt follow its a rort.

If an incoming player takes up that toa its a rort.

If the manages cant prove the toa was because of there dealings its a rort. All correspondence should be lodged with the deal

The nrl likes to put notional values on players. If its unfeasable that a player earns 250 k for 5 mins work its a rort. There has to bee some perceived value to the sponsor.

The nrl needs to have an independent party look over all 3 rd party sponsorships.

Whatever hapoened to the idea of some clubs getting bigger grants

Its amateur hour atm and discretion is just a nice word for manipulative
We can not restrict trade but to foster results on the back of that rationale is well cheating ........allegedly

We all hate player managers to an extent but the fact that they have alleged info on dickhead but dont release it while he runs around as adjudicator willy nilly is just unforgivable. The real whistleblowers the game heeds sits silently

Maybe every league fan should throw in 10 bucks in crowdfunding and offer it as a reward to whoever spills the dirt. If the pot gets big enough someone will

Manly have officially denied claims of salary cap rorting after lodging their reply to the NRL's breach notice on Friday.
Manly chairman Scott Penn told AAP that the Sea Eagles have rejected all claims made against his club.

The Sea Eagles were given three extensions to lodge their reply to the preliminary findings of an NRL integrity unit investigation.

The NRL has threatened the club with a significant fine and a potential adjustment of their 2018 salary cap.

"We've met the deadline and now we'll probably meet mid to late next week to talk it through further and take it from there," Penn told AAP.

"We've totally refuted all claims and put forward a full defence."

The possible adjustment of their salary cap has affected Manly's pursuit of a replacement for departed five-eighth Blake Green.

It affected their ability to pursue ex-Newcastle playmaker Trent Hodkinson, who this week signed with Cronulla
This article I posted last night has since been removed from League live App??? Who's asked them to remove it and Why???

This article I posted last night has since been removed from League live App??? Who's asked them to remove it and Why???
No coincidence. Fox won't run it either. It's the rugby league story that is not a story. Luckily some other news services aren't yet under Greenberg's control.

No coincidence. Fox won't run it either. It's the rugby league story that is not a story. Luckily some other news services aren't yet under Greenberg's control.
whats another backhand payout to the ever growing NRL deficit, only Monopoly money anyway.

"When I see Billy Slater on a billboard in Melbourne promoting a company, it's a good thing for Billy and a great thing for the game.".....

But when I'm in my limo in Sydney and see a Manly player on a billboard promoting a company I'm immediately on the phone back to NRL HQ to make sure that its all been approved by the league and then to find out how we can turn it around to say that they are operating outside the cap.

As again was generally accepted at the time , T P A "s were primarily introduced to present an inducement for the more high profile players to stay in the N R L and to allow some more understandable and acceptable earning capacity l but of course with no initial basic guidelines or regulation , it was always going to present a uneven and non level playing field . Initiative some restrictions and limits and this may or should improve the current inequitable and unfair situation that some clubs try to exploit .

TPA's are the biggest blight on the NRL (other than Greenturd being league boss). Some clubs (e.g. Chooks, Donkeys) are able to operate with around $1-2 million more than others which makes a complete mockery of what the salary cap was intended to do in the first place.

Todd Greenberg.

View attachment 7433

Totally agree. He's the CEO of the NRL and he's asking people for solutions! Why doesn't he get off his arse and start earning his crust instead of making excuses for every blight facing our game. He's got to be held accountable and grow up.

Was it not when joey johns threatened to go to union that this all started?

My solution is that the value of a clubs TPA'S come off the payments that the club get off the NRL.
If the roosters have players with $2 million in tpa's then they get 2 mill less funding from the nrl. Could even be a sliding scale. The higher the tpa value the higher the % off the nrl handout.

"The NRL has settled its unfair dismissal case with Chris James as the Roosters recruit the respected referee to give them an edge in their premiership campaign."
So, the NRL are not infallible, who would have thought......now all they need to do is 'fess up that their case against Manly is unadulterated bull**** and pay financial restitution and they can sleep easy knowing they've done the right thing.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8