Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Manly have officially denied claims of salary cap rorting after lodging their reply to the NRL's breach notice on Friday.
Manly chairman Scott Penn told AAP that the Sea Eagles have rejected all claims made against his club.

The Sea Eagles were given three extensions to lodge their reply to the preliminary findings of an NRL integrity unit investigation.

The NRL has threatened the club with a significant fine and a potential adjustment of their 2018 salary cap.

"We've met the deadline and now we'll probably meet mid to late next week to talk it through further and take it from there," Penn told AAP.

"We've totally refuted all claims and put forward a full defence."

The possible adjustment of their salary cap has affected Manly's pursuit of a replacement for departed five-eighth Blake Green.

It affected their ability to pursue ex-Newcastle playmaker Trent Hodkinson, who this week signed with Cronulla

Manly have officially denied claims of salary cap rorting after lodging their reply to the NRL's breach notice on Friday.
Manly chairman Scott Penn told AAP that the Sea Eagles have rejected all claims made against his club.

I am very happy with this response. I have faith in this statement, and hope this leads to us pursuing the NRL for brand damages and restricted trade. May Greenburg have the eggs of 1000 chicken cracked on his face, and those on this forum who assumed Manly cheated the salary cap can bury their heads in the sand, as they have little faith, until the next witch hunt begins!

The Sea Eagles were given three extensions to lodge their reply to the preliminary findings of an NRL integrity unit investigation.

The NRL has threatened the club with a significant fine and a potential adjustment of their 2018 salary cap.

"We've met the deadline and now we'll probably meet mid to late next week to talk it through further and take it from there," Penn told AAP.

The possible adjustment of their salary cap has affected Manly's pursuit of a replacement for departed five-eighth Blake Green.

It affected their ability to pursue ex-Newcastle playmaker Trent Hodkinson, who this week signed with Cronulla
I can't understand why this story isn't featured front and centre on NRL.com.
I guess they just prefer good news stories like that mischievous young Broncos prop getting his chance.

Very happy with this development. Can't believe we would pull the baseball bat (or Bozo's cement truck) out of the cupboard without a very very solid case. Would have been far easier to bend over. Bring on the war! And if we win this case, bring in the state government to sort out this **** and clean the joint out.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8