Rounds 1-5 2024

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DUFFMAN

Bencher

Manly Sea Eagles​

Manly missed the eight last season.

Manly missed the eight last season.CREDIT: NRL PHOTOS

Manly don’t have an easy start to the year, but they won’t have to leave Sydney for a month after returning home from Las Vegas in round one.

Difficulty rating: 8.5/10

Manly Sea Eagles first five rounds​

1. Rabbitohs (H)
  2. Roosters (H)
  3. Eels (A)
  4. Dragons (A)
  5. Panthers (H)

Those matchups don't bode well for a strong start to the season, but really, I'm more concerned with how we finish it. We started well last year and then it all fell horribly away, so I'd prefer we showed some consistency throughout the season.

I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere, but of course, the Vegas game is a home game! And are we still playing our home game against Brisbane in the magic round?

This turns two sort of fifty fifty games into probable losses.

I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere, but of course, the Vegas game is a home game! And are we still playing our home game against Brisbane in the magic round?

This turns two sort of fifty fifty games into probable losses.
We are actually undefeated in Vegas. Best odds you are going to get in that place.

If we have to take a home game to magic round it'd be nice if it wasn't against Broncos every year. There are 14 other teams playing, why do we get to play the only home team every year?

I actually prefer to play good teams earlier in the year. The longer the season progresses, the more the cream rise to the top. It's possible to jag a couple of early wins against some quality opposition because they haven't warmed up and got their best footy going yet.

The likes of the Eels, Roosters and Dragons are often out of sorts to start the year. Of course there are always exceptions to the rule, but I've noticed a trend over the years of the table looking pretty ridiculous after 6-8 rounds (like last year with the Dolphins sitting at the top) before the inevitable rise of the teams with the best rosters.

I actually prefer to play good teams earlier in the year. The longer the season progresses, the more the cream rise to the top. It's possible to jag a couple of early wins against some quality opposition because they haven't warmed up and got their best footy going yet.

The likes of the Eels, Roosters and Dragons are often out of sorts to start the year. Of course there are always exceptions to the rule, but I've noticed a trend over the years of the table looking pretty ridiculous after 6-8 rounds (like last year with the Dolphins sitting at the top) before the inevitable rise of the teams with the best rosters.
Bunnies tend to warm into the season as well, last year being an exception.

We have been slow starters under Des but hit the ground running last year. Hopefully under Seibs we can replicate last years fast start without the drop off.

Here we go again, the rd1 LV game is a Manly home game. Why is it always us that cops this.
Because Manly choose to do it,more $$$.But they dropped the Mudgee game so that there is only a couple of home games away from Brookvale.At the end of the day,if the team is any good,it’ll win anywhere

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8