Round 23 - Non Manly Games

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just about all of these "Close the Gap" jerseys I've seen are quite good.

(NOT reigniting any jersey-wars).

Just sayin' they looked OK.

Still anyone's game here too.

Have to say, i didn't think Penrith would still be going so well with all their injuries. With @Jerry1. I wouldn't be sitting out in Penrith on a night like this

manlyfan76 said:
dowdz said:
He would be a huge loss, if it's a serious injury.

Yes. To go with all their other huge losses.
The riff are so improved this year.

Yes, they have. Must be the Manly blue print they are using. :p

My son in law is a Riff supporter, he's beside himself.

And you have to admit they are going to be hard to beat in round 25.

I'd be there (if it was at Brookie for us, I mean).

Good luck to the Riff.

Better they succeed than the Dogs, Rorters, Scum and Rabbids.

And speaking of the Rabbids, 4 weeks suspension for Teo's chicken-wing serves the grubs right.

Cows and Riff will make the 8 based on that game tonight.

Mark from Brisbane said:
mickqld said:
So Monday night continues to be a massive crowd puller. 7000 tonight 6000 last week. Fair dinkum get rid of it. It's just embarrassing. This is a battle for a top 4 spot and look at it. Pitiful. But apparently Manly is the only club you can criticise the crowd figures.

Bet if it was at Brookvale and it was the same crowd you'd have a headline in the Tele " Manly in Crises now even the fans don't care "
I read a report somewhere that the Fans aren't talking to Coach Toovey. ;)

mickqld said:
So Monday night continues to be a massive crowd puller. 7000 tonight 6000 last week. Fair dinkum get rid of it. It's just embarrassing. This is a battle for a top 4 spot and look at it. Pitiful. But apparently Manly is the only club you can criticise the crowd figures.

Sydney people don't like to go out. I know I'm from Sydney now living in...Brisbain. The only solution for MNF is take it out in to the regional areas. People would fill one of their grounds to see some of the NRL stars.

Not sure if taking a game to regional centres (on a Mon night) would draw much better than 5 or 6k anyway.

People are back at work; the kiddies are back at school; unless it's your own team playing there's not a lot of interest.

And it's long been seen as panacea for Foxtel, a MNF game exclusive to pay TV. People can unwind after Monday back at work (rather than going to a game of footy) and of course, need to get pay-TV to see the game at home.

Anyway, Riff and Cows was a pretty good game in the end. I got the tip wrong, but it was very close.

I'll go as far as saying Jamie Soward is a roughie (or little dark horse) for buy of the season!

As we've been saying Uncle Gus, AND Ivan Clearly have turned that joint around damn quickly.

One thing we have to say is the Panthers are genuine top 8 and maybe top 4 contenders.

When you consider where they have been in the past 5 years a fair effort indeed.

It is more amazing with the injuries they have had. That may play a huge part under final's pressure. It doesn't matter the result as it has been a terrific year for them. So long as they finish second it is all good.

ManlyBacker said:
It is more amazing with the injuries they have had. That may play a huge part under final's pressure. It doesn't matter the result as it has been a terrific year for them. So long as they finish second it is all good.

I don't see them deep in the finals but regardless it's a great effort, and from a club I can't hate ( not with Kitey there ).

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8