Round 20 2023 Other Games Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
What's the view of our Mates cross the ditch on Lodge ..

He is being hailed as the Messiah at Manly ... The leader we need ..
Ignore the salty comments.

He is an apex prop forward on field.

Perhaps Manly can save his soul.

Surely he realises this is last chance alley which is great for Warringah tribe,

Truth be told he was an amazing player during his Warriors tenure, line bending, ball playing at the line....best prop we have had in a long time, slightly edged out Addin Fonua Blake when he was here.

Hopefully the Manly shrink can get in his head and sort out the off field stuff.

The only reason the Warriors and Lodge parted is that our wanker owner who calls himself Alpha male tried to tell Lodge the facts of life in a pub....true story...up until the idiot owner of the Warriors that we call mowhawk stuck his oar in Lodge was going well here.

You need to realise the Warriors owner is a maverick rich kid who is now an old man that sports a mowhawk and bought a footy club with his pocket money...like I was saying...up until that pub incident, Lodge was our best forward and a fan favourite.

Our owner posted online that Lodge was gone because they had an alpha male clash at a pub....true story and laughable.

Lodge is good enough to drive Manly into a finals berth.

Ignore the salty comments.

He is an apex prop forward on field.

Perhaps Manly can save his soul.

Surely he realises this is last chance alley which is great for Warringah tribe,

Truth be told he was an amazing player during his Warriors tenure, line bending, ball playing at the line....best prop we have had in a long time, slightly edged out Addin Fonua Blake when he was here.

Hopefully the Manly shrink can get in his head and sort out the off field stuff.

The only reason the Warriors and Lodge parted is that our wanker owner who calls himself Alpha male tried to tell Lodge the facts of life in a pub....true story...up until the idiot owner of the Warriors that we call mow-hawk stuck his oar in Lodge was going well here.

You need to realise the Warriors owner is a maverick rich kid who is now an old man that sports a Mohawk and bought a footy club with his pocket money...like I was saying...up until that pub incident, Lodge was our best forward and a fan favourite.

Our owner posted online that Lodge was gone because they had an alpha male clash at a pub....true story and laughable.

Lodge is good enough to drive Manly into a finals berth.

And Warriors fans did not turn on Lodge and call him a toxic whatever till he left our books, any honest Warrior fan will admit he was amazing as a player on field.

I personally think he is a great signing by Manly. He has huge engine for such a big man and his defence is highly underrated.

Without the off field bs he is in the top five props in the game by my estimation.
Yeah, as far as im concerned on field he delivered for us.

Have no idea bout the toxic off field stuff tho.....seemingly none of his team mates here had any issues with him.....usually a sign.

Yeah, as far as im concerned on field he delivered for us.

Have no idea bout the toxic off field stuff tho.....seemingly none of his team mates here had any issues with him.....usually a sign.
Seems he was the only Warrior to see Ed Kosi crying in that Storm thrashing to understand that a young man was in a mental health crisis.

The fact that an Ocker asked a young Samoan South Aucklander to come have coffee with him, given the ranking difference between the two and the culture divide...shows Lodge has a good heart, and needs the right people around him to tap into his leadership instincts. a

Some interesting , and differing, comments on Lodge wouldn’t you agree @SeaEagleRock8

I’m still ambivalent on his potential signing.

I agree we are probably his last chance , so if they are smart , min wage for 2024 possibly with club option for upgrade in 2025 if he minds he’s P’s & Q’s

Xzei - BroncosHQ said:
didnt mind lodge but i think the introduction of the 6 again really hurt his impact in the gamer
He was our (warriors) dominant prop under the six again and our forward output dropped massively when he left the field for bench rest.

So I have no idea where you get that impression from.

Sup42 - NZWarriors said:
He was our (warriors) dominant prop under the six again and our forward output dropped massively when he left the field for bench rest.

So I have no idea where you get that impression from.
played like a busted arse for us after the six again rule got introduced right after the covid break,maybe you got a fitter version of lodge but for use he just wasnt quick enough in clearing the ruck

played like a busted arse for us after the six again rule got introduced right after the covid break,maybe you got a fitter version of lodge but for us he just wasnt quick enough in clearing the ruck
Even before then, he was a liability in defence and teams were able to rack up far too much momentum running at him and Pangai Jr.

He's a very good player, as long as you dominate possession.

played like a busted arse for us after the six again rule got introduced right after the covid break,maybe you got a fitter version of lodge but for us he just wasnt quick enough in clearing the ruck,the rule changes suited a few clubs better than others riff and para are ones that come to mind.
Saying that tho, during the Seibold years plenty of our players were playing like busted asses.

Even before then, he was a liability in defence and teams were able to rack up far too much momentum running at him and Pangai Jr.

idk i thought the first few rounds were a fair indication of where we were at and often like to wonder what the season would have been like if the break didnt happen and the six again didnt get introduced i thought we were set up well for controlling the ruck speed but then pvl ball happened and the rest is history

Waynesaurus - BroncosHQ said:
Saying that tho, during the Seibold years plenty of our players were playing like busted asses.

Yeah your whole team was one busted arse

I’m still a fan of Lodge the player

But you need smart coach who knows how to use him properly though and someone he respects and trusts

It’s ironic, we’re in need of a big bopper like him right now. I think he was our missing piece in the forwards ….

Tigpies seem to be playing with a bit more pride of late. They tried hard against a much classier Sharks outfit.

I will channel Surf for updates, hoping for a Western Suburbs win. I don't have anything against Newy, just tend to go with the underdog...the Warriors fan thing....
Last time we were about to play with pride, 8 players walked out!

Just sayin’

He is toxic... it's why both us and the Warriors paid big money to get rid of him.

The Roosters also pissed him off despite being on a smallish contract with them.

No doubt he can be toxic. I think the Roosters mainly got rid of him because JWH decided to go around again. The reason he was on a smallish contract, I think, was because the Broncos and Warriors were chipping in. I think that runs out end of this year.

idk i thought the first few rounds were a fair indication of where we were at and often like to wonder what the season would have been like if the break didnt happen and the six again didnt get introduced i thought we were set up well for controlling the ruck speed but then pvl ball happened and the rest is history
The break and change of draw definitely didn't help. The Broncos went from facing the Titans, to suddenly facing the team that put a record score on them and then the two time defending premiers the week after. The players also didn't seem ready, while some teams suspiciously looked like they never stopped training.

Still, I think it was always going to be a long season. The Cowboys were trash in that opening round (Feldt christens the opening of a new stadium by kicking out on the full, summed it up) while the Souths win was off the back of Flegler and Staggs.

I don't think that was a standard the Broncos could replicate week in and week out and with injuries mounting I could see it going south very quickly.

Xzei - BroncosHQ said:
played like a busted arse for us after the six again rule got introduced right after the covid break,maybe you got a fitter version of lodge but for use he just wasnt quick enough in clearing the ruck
Big Pete - BroncosHQ said:

Similar for us. Great carting the ball up particular when following on from AFB. Bit of a penalty magnet in defence though.

History is likely to repeat I fear. Things will look ok this year and then Manly fans will be sitting there next season wondering why their team isn't performing as well as it should with a big body like Lodge in the pack.

Time will tell. It usually does.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10