Reynolds offside by 5 metres

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No different to the rest of the night. Farcical display but why would any of us be surprised. Contrived results seem to be the norm for the new NRL (Nine Run League)

Yep Manly was robbed. Manly should have got a penalty. The refs are unlikely to give penalties in golden point and Reynolds took the gamble and it paid off. Would have loved for one or the Manly players to do the same thing when Hogkinson kicked the field gold to win it. But alas it wasn't to be.

Can anyone remember a penalty EVER been given for offside when teams are going for a field goal in extra time? Just doesn't happen.

That being said, I think the 10m and players going early is not being policed anywhere near enough. You are lucky to see one penalty a weekend for it. All teams go early, especially early in the tackle count when they have teams coming out their own end.

Apparently the ref dismissed the touch judges ruling and called play on after DCE passed it back to Brett. Ridiculous.

Rodo said:
Apparently the ref dismissed the touch judges ruling and called play on after DCE passed it back to Brett. Ridiculous.

Which is stupid because the Grub being offside was what caused Cherry to have to pass to Snake in the first place :mad:

The fact is that the Grub being offside impacted on the play, yet he got away with it because the refs will rarely blow a penalty in Golden Point.

The fact that the touchie called him offside is reason enough to give the penalty. To decide that there is no impact by Reynolds in that play is either rank stupidity or outright cheating. I hope the DT prints the back page photo showing the point where the dummy half picks up the ball and Reynolds is already 5m in front of the ref. then I want to hear from Archer as to why the ref ignored the touch judges clear instruction that the player was offside. The only reason can be that the refs are under strict instructions not to give penalties in golden point in goal kicking range. They are eunuchs, pink is an appropriate colour for them. So disappointing.

On top of that the markers were about as square as a perfect circle

The stinking NRL can stick their head in the sand again, but there is absolutely no doubt that the pinkies had direct influence over the outcome of both games this weekend. The last 10 minutes of both games were definetley affected by the pinkies. Whether that is by design or fault is anyone's guess.

Could have taken the shot one or 2 plays earlier. There was plenty of space then. I don't understand why they always wait till the last. The defence is always going to get offside on the last. If you have the shot TAKE IT!!!!

Panthers and dogs have done it well all year.

De ja vu from Round 1 at Brookie. Finished the season the way we started. Blowing a great opportunity for a field goal then laying a path for them to get up the other end and finish it.

So gutted.

Diabolical. Sitting in Oslo watching it with my Scando misses with no idea of footy even picked it up. Definition of useless. F it, call it what it is, cheating. We were cheated.

And they wonder why all the figures are down. Inept clowns

... stop whinging. We done well with the team that fielded.
I'm proud of the way we handled ourselves tonight.
Manly will be a force to be reckoned with next year.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2