Re energise game day

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My sister who is in her late 40's just came back from a holiday in America. She said the 2 best experiences were an Orlando Magic Basketball game and a New York Mets Baseball game. I was surprised because she and I think Basketball and Baseball are boring to watch but she said the crowd interaction and participation with Mascots, T-Shirt Guns, Big Screen Celebrity sighting etc was like nothing she could have imagined. Food for thought.

My two bob's worth:
Like others said, eliminate the overbearing music at every stoppage in play and restrict the music to when Manly scores.
Sort out the sound system so it doesn't deafen those in the FM stand, yet is audible at ground level.
Have a few cheergirls lead the team onto the field by cartwheeling across Brookie (similar to the Sharks cheergirls).
I enjoyed two of the member promotions this year - winning the chance to watch the guys warm up on the sideline and join the guard of honour, and winning tickets for voting the best player of the game.
Always love fireworks.

Let the Maroon & White confetti fly as the players come out for the game.....old school but adds atmosphere.
A big part of the game will never be the same..,
The modern game players are out for needed stretching and prep pre game, which is simply part of the modern game.
It kind of detracts from the build up when the first time you seen players, was coming out all pumped up from the dressing rooms running out at game time.
As a youngster it was super exciting to get a glimpse of Crusher Cleal or Phil Blake coming into the ground carrying their game day bag.....not to be seen again until running down the tunnel for the big game.

I think that a Brookie will be cooking like the good old days with fans getting there in big numbers with belief now Des is back.
The players will rip in with more intent, which will lift the crowd and atmosphere....add a winning touch and it will be a long way towards the good vibe Manly fans appreciate.

First priority for me is to get rid of the very silly and crass music that is being played during the games. Very irritating and down market.
Second priority is to restrict the input from the ground announcer. His continual and usually ignorant raving is a real off putter for me.
Same for me.
Both really detract from the experience for me and actually demean the game. If the crowd is quiet that is credit to the other team, if we are chanting that is credit to how the Manly team is playing.
The idea we will be bored if they don't play music is absurd.
The idea we are too stupid to know when to cheer is quite insulting!

On a serious note....what is the atmosphere at an EPL game like besides the match itself? I’m familiar with the yank suggestions raised but would be keen to understand what a world class competition offers in this area besides pre and post match blues outside the ground

And mass flags :spain:

The Brookie Show had dozens spread all around the ground and it looked really happy and festive :)

There is an idea ..... instead of a lanyard and keyring thingee .... they should give a reasonably sized flag to all members ....

On a serious note....what is the atmosphere at an EPL game like besides the match itself? I’m familiar with the yank suggestions raised but would be keen to understand what a world class competition offers in this area besides pre and post match blues outside the ground

One of the differences that Rugby League presents is the non stop action of the game (except video ref) ..... throwing stuff in during a game just pisses me off ....

I can answer that one having been to Tottenham games in North London. Electric atmosphere beyond belief and zero pre game entertainment. The fans do it all on their own with their singing.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -60 8