Post-Game Discussion Raiders v Manly [Round 23, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Raiders
Vs
Sea Eagles
18 Suncorp Stadium
20 Aug 2021 18:00
80th minute

Match Stats

Raiders came with the defensive game plan that shut down our early shifts. They slid hard and refused to let us go around them. This resulted in our only success coming from Suli and Guac running outside in lines. We adapted well in the 2nd half and focused on speed through the middle.

Glad we got the win but Canberra definitely showed the rest of the comp how to disrupt our attack. Good thing is we are far more dynamic with Tom at the back.

Sticky rocks up late to the press conference because he was 'having a beer with Des. He's a good bloke Des, we have been friends a long time'.

Warms the heart.
They both would be good to have a beer with. There are a few coaches I would struggle to be in the same room with. Let alone have a beer with. Bellamy at the very top of that list.

I agree, I was super excited when DCE potted the field goal, game over, to come back without tom was great, so many negatives on here
I've got to say, Cherry was the difference tonight, in the second half he was cool under fire and his kicks that led to two tries were brilliant, not to mention the one pointer that won us the game, I know he's had the occasional game where he's been awful but tonight he won us that game and deserves recognition imo

Raiders came with the defensive game plan that shut down our early shifts. They slid hard and refused to let us go around them. This resulted in our only success coming from Suli and Guac running outside in lines. We adapted well in the 2nd half and focused on speed through the middle.

Glad we got the win but Canberra definitely showed the rest of the comp how to disrupt our attack. Good thing is we are far more dynamic with Tom at the back.
Let's hope he is back next week.

I've got to say, Cherry was the difference tonight, in the second half he was cool under fire and his kicks that led to two tries were brilliant, not to mention the one pointer that won us the game, I know he's had the occasional game where he's been awful but tonight he won us that game and deserves recognition imo

Cherry did play well and I love knowing he has such a great strike rate with field goals, however that kick for the Harper try was terrible and very lucky. It was the 1st tackle and he needs to be better than that at managing the game.

He also needs to tell Croker to stop kicking

6. We should have used our captain's challenge at least two times
i've noticed this the last couple weeks - DCE used to nail the challenge but he's definitely missed some opportunities of late

raiders put us under the pump in the first half and a lot of what we're calling a poor showing from the sea eagles can be put down to good pressure and line speed from raiders
fortunately they're a big pack and can only keep it up for so long

great to see schuster putting in the hard yards and playing the role asked of him from the coach. shows humility and character.

Bull**** Raiders turned up with good line defence in the first half,we had a basic game plan nothing like the previous week's and we got the points , we can't win by 50 every week
Agree but we weren't switched on for most of the game, it just highlights how much we gain when Turbo is on the field, I think the team is much too reliant on Turbo marshalling the defence from the back and chiming in in attack, to put it mildly we were ordinary and without Cherry we most certainly would have tasted defeat

Cherry did play well and I love knowing he has such a great strike rate with field goals, however that kick for the Harper try was terrible and very lucky. It was the 1st tackle and he needs to be better than that at managing the game.

He also needs to tell Croker to stop kicking
Croker should keep up the 40/20 attempts from dummy half but leave the short kicks to Chez and Foz.

It’s not an opinion. It’s a fact that Walker is playing a role in the middle third and Suli is playing centre.

however, You can argue that we don’t need a utility at 14 to ball play in the middle third and would be better served with a centre that could come on and replace one of our other centres for a stint but that would be odd and probably has a 1% chance of happening.

happy to share opinions with you but prefer if you articulate what you are trying to say, as opposed to just ‘I don’t agree’.
what you don’t grasp is walker is a running center. He has been played all over the park and has been mediocre in those roles.

We have a few good centers and whilst Parker is not dynamic his defence earns him his spot and with Garrick on his outside and Parker’s ability to get the ball away Parker deserves his spot.

Leaving Suli looking for a spot somewhere. You can have walker coming off the bench and dying with the ball of putting a grubber that is usually well covered or you could have someone like suli come on with the power to destroy a tiring defence.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8