Post-Game Discussion Raiders v Manly [Round 23, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Raiders
Vs
Sea Eagles
18 Suncorp Stadium
20 Aug 2021 18:00
80th minute

Match Stats

I wonder if there was a direction from Des to play less expansive and just work up the middle to make us work hard

we certainly played much less expansive than the last two weeks and would not be surprised if it was under instruction to test our metal in the middle
There had to be, Des got them to focus on that at half time.

From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Raiders: 18

Manly: 19

240274930_10159296408005993_490479791160459696_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews: TBA

Match Report:

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights: TBA

Full Match Replay Link: TBA

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Press Print & Video Articles:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I for one am very happy with that game. Last thing you want is to be going into finals on the back off a string of soft wins, particularly with the C grade teams we are playing in the last 2 rounds. Games like this build character and confidence, and the belief to come from behind. Raiders pushed Storm last week, and played like their life depended on it tonight.
I agree, I was super excited when DCE potted the field goal, game over, to come back without tom was great, so many negatives on here

The first half was , well , pretty bog average.

Then Des gives them a spray and.

The second half was , well, pretty exciting.

Dunno about everyone else but I would have hated to stick my blood pressure monitor on in that last 5 minutes , my Dr would have had a fit with those results.
My 1yo daughter is learning some new words from me in the last 5 min. Mrs gave me the same look the Parra players were giving Gutho last week.

Thankfully due to the health orders i won't need to leave the house.

P.S Aldi special buys tmrw have a blood pressure monitor

That’s not the point though. Walker is playing a role in the middle third. He hasn’t been a centre for 3 years. He is a utility in the Connor Watson mould. They use leg speed and ball play in the middle third. Suli is a brainstorming centre who had a blinder tonight. But he is not gonna come off the bench to play down an edge unless someone is injured.
The answer is to play Suli over Parker not take Walker’s bench spot.
Possibly. How much ball will Garrick get from Suli if we do that? Are we prepared to leak more points down the right by picking Suli over Parker?

The first half was , well , pretty bog average.

Then Des gives them a spray and.

The second half was , well, pretty exciting.

Dunno about everyone else but I would have hated to stick my blood pressure monitor on in that last 5 minutes , my Dr would have had a fit with those results.
Pretty good summary @Mark from Brisbane It would be interesting to get some accurate info on just what was included in the spray. 😅

Dont agree with that.
It’s not an opinion. It’s a fact that Walker is playing a role in the middle third and Suli is playing centre.

however, You can argue that we don’t need a utility at 14 to ball play in the middle third and would be better served with a centre that could come on and replace one of our other centres for a stint but that would be odd and probably has a 1% chance of happening.

happy to share opinions with you but prefer if you articulate what you are trying to say, as opposed to just ‘I don’t agree’.

I for one am very happy with that game. Last thing you want is to be going into finals on the back off a string of soft wins, particularly with the C grade teams we are playing in the last 2 rounds. Games like this build character and confidence, and the belief to come from behind. Raiders pushed Storm last week, and played like their life depended on it tonight.

I agree, but a close hard fought win without the multitude of mistakes, poor options, average kicking, and below average attitude would be better than that. We did enough, but it still wasn’t very good.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12