Post-Game Discussion Raiders v Manly [Round 23, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Raiders
Vs
Sea Eagles
18 Suncorp Stadium
20 Aug 2021 18:00
80th minute

Match Stats

Bit of a lucky win, and a lot of an ugly win. But we damn well needed that in my opinion: 50 point romps are NOT good for any team, so that hard fought win will benefit this team immensely methinks…

Guacamole had a pretty awesome game, Daly’s kicking was pretty damn good (and a couple of times just a few feet from being brilliant!) and Adam Gee needs to find a mirror and ask himself some real tough questions…. Some of his interpretations tonight were absolutely appalling.

Garrick wasn’t great at fullback and probably never will be: but to put this into perspective he’s replacing a guy who might just be the best footballer any of us have ever seen. Think of that like Schumacher being replaced by Mr Bean… yeah they can both drive but we’re all choosing the German to drive our race cars lol!!

Take the win, take the lessons, keep on rolling and focus on what’s coming up now….

I am disappointed about that every week. Walker did play well tonight but Lawton seems to lift us most times he has played. He would have been worth a shot at centre with Suli on the wing tonight. He is a good footballer, and has the skill set to play in that position. We didn't need to play Funa.
Lawton is great, no doubt. But - the Raiders were very fatigued when he came on. Dylan entered the action early. Walks was superb AGAIN tonight.

I wonder if there was a directive given to Gee (and perhaps refs in general this week) to ease back on the set re-starts and let the games flow?
I wonder if there was a direction from Des to play less expansive and just work up the middle to make us work hard

we certainly played much less expansive than the last two weeks and would not be surprised if it was under instruction to test our metal in the middle

First half far too many errors and they played the same game as when we met them previously, trying to out muscle us which they did, when we cut out the errors and we had more energy in defence they were going no where, 2nd half 19-6 and we could have had more
Yes to many errors but we had nothing on the edges Raiders defended well and no Turbo , we did a great job to o come back from a 12 nil at half time

Bit hard not to be negative watching that first half, after the fluency of last week watching that sh!t was almost impossible, tbh they didn't deserve to win that and it exemplifies the fact that without Turbo we are a rabble, even when we had it won we did our best give it back to them, an almost embarrassing win imo
Negativity is one thing brother. That's fine, but a lot of what was posted transcended into petulant tanty rants. It's hilarious - you'd think some of them would learn. But alas.

No fan should be happy with that, three weeks from the finals.

Take the win, but wow, we bought the dumb again.
I for one am very happy with that game. Last thing you want is to be going into finals on the back off a string of soft wins, particularly with the C grade teams we are playing in the last 2 rounds. Games like this build character and confidence, and the belief to come from behind. Raiders pushed Storm last week, and played like their life depended on it tonight.

Lawton is great, no doubt. But - the Raiders were very fatigued when he came on. Dylan entered the action early. Walks was superb AGAIN tonight.
I thought Walker had one of his best games for us this season. I just don't think we are utilising Lawton effectively. There is a case for him to come on much earlier in the game. How we do that, and not waste our bench changes is up to Des. Having Lawton come into the game after 20-25 minutes for Croker, and then bringing Croker back for 20 minutes is certainly an option.

I for one am very happy with that game. Last thing you want is to be going into finals on the back off a string of soft wins, particularly with the C grade teams we are playing in the last 2 rounds. Games like this build character and confidence, and the belief to come from behind. Raiders pushed Storm last week, and played like their life depended on it tonight.
Exactly this…

The first half was , well , pretty bog average.

Then Des gives them a spray and.

The second half was , well, pretty exciting.

Dunno about everyone else but I would have hated to stick my blood pressure monitor on in that last 5 minutes , my Dr would have had a fit with those results.

They weren’t playing in the same position. I’d like to see Suli ball play in the middle third...

you’re comparing apples and oranges. Suli was fantastic but he is not going to come and play the role that Walker can, which is why Des won’t pick him at 14. Moses is not a utility.
Sulu is a center. walker is a center. Suli is explosive. Walker dies with the ball Far too much.

Suli’s defence is suspect.

Suli will smash oppositions off the bench through the middle / ruck.

Just my take on things....

The first half was , well , pretty bog average.

Then Des gives them a spray and.

The second half was , well, pretty exciting.

Dunno about everyone else but I would have hated to stick my blood pressure monitor on in that last 5 minutes , my Dr would have had a fit with those results.
I’m almost bald from tearing my hair out in the last 5! I need a pacemaker now.

I thought Walker had one of his best games for us this season. I just don't think we are utilising Lawton effectively. There is a case for him to come on much earlier in the game. How we do that, and not waste our bench changes is up to Des. Having Lawton come into the game after 20-25 minutes for Croker, and then bringing Croker back for 20 minutes is certainly an option.
That’s what I’d do , Croker first 20, Lawton second 20 , Lawton first 20, Croker to finish.

Roughly , and change slightly with circumstances.

Sulu is a center. walker is a center. Suli is explosive. Walker dies with the ball Far too much.

Suli’s defence is suspect.

Suli will smash oppositions of the bench through the middle / ruck.

Just my take on things....
That’s not the point though. Walker is playing a role in the middle third. He hasn’t been a centre for 3 years. He is a utility in the Connor Watson mould. They use leg speed and ball play in the middle third. Suli is a brainstorming centre who had a blinder tonight. But he is not gonna come off the bench to play down an edge unless someone is injured.
The answer is to play Suli over Parker not take Walker’s bench spot.

That’s not the point though. Walker is playing a role in the middle third. He hasn’t been a centre for 3 years. He is a utility in the Connor Watson mould. They use leg speed and ball play in the middle third. Suli is a brainstorming centre who had a blinder tonight. But he is not gonna come off the bench to play down an edge unless someone is injured.
The answer is to play Suli over Parker not take Walker’s bench spot.
Dont agree with that.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10