Professional Players....so stop sulking

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Yeah never shaking DCE and Forans hands.......ever. Because of the horrible way they have treated the fans and this great club.

Gladly shake Beavers hand, giftys hand, Fattys hand, Ben Kennedys , shearer hand, perrys hand, orfords hand,well you get the picture.
Players that have left with a touch class. I have no probs wishing them well.

Places hands up ready for Mozgrame.....

My sentiments exactly mate!! I've not, and never will personally attack one of our players (or any other club's roster either for that matter!). Nor would I stoop to using social media to attack anyone. Those type of cowards are very high on my sh*t list to be honest. If I need to say something to someone, you man up and do it face to face.

I'm fairly sure that whilst Manly fans are venting a little ATM, not many would be sad enough to vilify a player on social media.

As you said, we are Manly. By definition we are simply better than the other muppets. We cop more flack, everyone hates us, yet we shrug it off and rise above it because we are MANLY!!

Tell ya what tho.. I'm not overly comfortable with being dead last on the ladder!

Jatz if these blokes want to lives their lives like some soap opera parody of real life then they shouldn't be surprised when loonies bob up.This whole social media thing is the number one blight on the youth of today.Every kid in my daughters grade 6 class has a mobile phone ffs and she is actually taunted by some of these morons about not having one,

Why the hell does anyone want to know why DCE is at the Easter show with his kids and much more importantly why does he feel the need to SHARE that little morsel of information with anyone.The answer is this social media stuff is an addiction and the virtual soap opera must roll on.

If anyone can give me a reason why someone would put pictures of their family on a public as opposed to a private forum then I would love to hear it.The answer is simple.Lack of common sense and ego.

He should turn the ****ing thing off and actually enjoy the show with his kids! What a way out idea that would be because then he wouldn't get the satisfaction of knowing that everyone else knows he and his kids are at the show and he wouldn't have to deal with keyboard crazies.

We are building a ridiculous world based on celebrity and entitlement and I am supposed to feel sorry for and defend the rights of a wealthy over endulged adult who makes a CHOICE to live in a virtual world.God help us all.The fall out from this over the top social media frenzy will manifest itself in the years to come and I have not one iota of respect for people who propagate it via their celebrity.
DCE regards himself as "brand Cherry-Evans" just like James O'connor once did. And we know what happened to James O'Connor who is now playing crap for the worst team in super rugby

Its the nature of Social Media that you get trolls. Just like the few crazies at the Dogs game, you get the full spectrum of emotions. So by making a site public it is a given that its an open forum.

Chez chose this and some took the opportunity to voice their opinion by clicking a Comment button. That is what the site is for.

I did find his repeated comments about Fans childish, and can only imagine the venting others subjected his post to. It is not limited to Manly Fans either, so we don't need to be indignant on his behalf.

Chez was unfairly bullied by the core group last year so I expected him to leave.
But he totally mishandled the manner of his leaving.

Both our halves are public figures and are now feeling the scrutiny that comes with this exposure.@:cool:
They are not unique and will never win a Social Media troll interaction.

Last edited:
Yeah never shaking DCE and Forans hands.......ever. Because of the horrible way they have treated the fans and this great club.

Gladly shake Beavers hand, giftys hand, Fattys hand, Ben Kennedys , shearer hand, perrys hand, orfords hand,well you get the picture.
Players that have left with a touch class. I have no probs wishing them well.

Places hands up ready for Mozgrame.....

Then why not model yourself on Beaver, Kennedy, Stewart, Vautin, Shearer, Perry, Ox etc and show a bit of class?

The high ground is there for the taking. Why not put your efforts into coming up with alternative suggestions or possible solutions instead of dwelling on the negatives that we (as fans) can't change? Didn't you tell me to accept it and move on once in another thread? Yes you did. So.....the ball's in your court, Jack (unlike bud, an Australian term for someone whose correct name we don't know)

You know what? It doesn't matter does it?? You go on hating. The rest of us will try to live up to the MANLY way. We are better than the haters...and we'll prove it again. It may take us a while. We've taken a good body blow, but we'll get our wind back and still be here in the later rounds. Now is exactly NOT the time we want our corner men (the fans) to throw the towel in.

Now is the time we need to encourage the fight. To give up now is soft. Hardness and staunchness comes in all shapes and forms. The truly hard, and the truly staunch combine ranks and stand shoulder to shoulder in times like these. They do not splinter and help destabilise through thoughtless rants and calls for heads to roll. We need to support the club, the coach and the team they see fit to take the field each week.

Are you putting your hands up to shake hands @hozza or are you shaping up to fight?

My sentiments exactly mate!! I've not, and never will personally attack one of our players (or any other club's roster either for that matter!). Nor would I stoop to using social media to attack anyone. Those type of cowards are very high on my sh*t list to be honest. If I need to say something to someone, you man up and do it face to face.

I'm fairly sure that whilst Manly fans are venting a little ATM, not many would be sad enough to vilify a player on social media.

As you said, we are Manly. By definition we are simply better than the other muppets. We cop more flack, everyone hates us, yet we shrug it off and rise above it because we are MANLY!!

Tell ya what tho.. I'm not overly comfortable with being dead last on the ladder!

I'm with you @KOMORI !! I think it is lower than low for any fan from any club to attack someone on social media. It's gutless to the extreme. Sadly though, it seems to be the way of the world these days. Everyone is a keyboard hero.

I'll tell you something though...if you and I were standing at the bar at the footy in Townsville, and you got into an argument with a local over how sh1t Foran was (considering he still wears our jersey) I would knock all and sundry down before they got a hand on you, Mate. Why? Because at the moment, You, Foz and I are still all Manly!!

I have been flying between Melbourne and Brisbane the last 4-5 hours (includes airport travel time) and so haven't been on ST, BOY hasn't this thread ended up with a lot of opinions!!

Basically for me I would NEVER invade a players personal space, the only time I ever talk to them is when they have a fan day / meet the player type function....if I saw one walking down the street on his day off I wouldn't say a word.

NOR, would I invade his personal space on Social Media HOWEVER, if he chooses to make a public comment, on social media, then whilst I do not condone "dickheads making stupid comments" I say again, they can easily make their InstaTwitFace account "private".

They are the ones to choose to go public, and IMO, more fool them!!

Then why not model yourself on Beaver, Kennedy, Stewart, Vautin, Shearer, Perry, Ox etc and show a bit of class?

The high ground is there for the taking. Why not put your efforts into coming up with alternative suggestions or possible solutions instead of dwelling on the negatives that we (as fans) can't change? Didn't you tell me to accept it and move on once in another thread? Yes you did. So.....the ball's in your court, Jack (unlike bud, an Australian term for someone whose correct name we don't know)

You know what? It doesn't matter does it?? You go on hating. The rest of us will try to live up to the MANLY way. We are better than the haters...and we'll prove it again. It may take us a while. We've taken a good body blow, but we'll get our wind back and still be here in the later rounds. Now is exactly NOT the time we want our corner men (the fans) to throw the towel in.

Now is the time we need to encourage the fight. To give up now is soft. Hardness and staunchness comes in all shapes and forms. The truly hard, and the truly staunch combine ranks and stand shoulder to shoulder in times like these. They do not splinter and help destabilise through thoughtless rants and calls for heads to roll. We need to support the club, the coach and the team they see fit to take the field each week.

Are you putting your hands up to shake hands @hozza or are you shaping up to fight?
That depends wether your about to throw one or shake hands Mozgrame?
And your correct mozgrame I did say it was time to put it past us, I seem to be having trouble in doing it though. I will endeavour to do this.

In all seriousness Mozgrame I don't really agree with your thoughts on DCE but I do love and respect your passion for this club.

I'm with you @KOMORI !! I think it is lower than low for any fan from any club to attack someone on social media. It's gutless to the extreme. Sadly though, it seems to be the way of the world these days. Everyone is a keyboard hero.

I'll tell you something though...if you and I were standing at the bar at the footy in Townsville, and you got into an argument with a local over how sh1t Foran was (considering he still wears our jersey) I would knock all and sundry down before they got a hand on you, Mate. Why? Because at the moment, You, Foz and I are still all Manly!!

@mozgrame we'd get our asses kicked by a whole bunch of Cows fans but go down fighting with pride lol!!

I'm still sorta banned from the old QE2 stadium lol... Was ahead on points until security turned up and ended the argument!!

I have been flying between Melbourne and Brisbane the last 4-5 hours (includes airport travel time) and so haven't been on ST, BOY hasn't this thread ended up with a lot of opinions!!

Basically for me I would NEVER invade a players personal space, the only time I ever talk to them is when they have a fan day / meet the player type function....if I saw one walking down the street on his day off I wouldn't say a word.

NOR, would I invade his personal space on Social Media HOWEVER, if he chooses to make a public comment, on social media, then whilst I do not condone "dickheads making stupid comments" I say again, they can easily make their InstaTwitFace account "private".

They are the ones to choose to go public, and IMO, more fool them!!

More fool them indeed! But their willingness to leave themselves open to the fans should not make it OK to attack them. Unlike you and I (well me at least ;)) a person like DCE would have to constantly monitor, or pay someone to monitor (maybe next year :p) his account to block these attacks. All because he is willing to let people access him and his private life in the first place?? Isn't that a bigger gift to the fans than any hat or free tickets the club offers in exchange for membership money?

When he was on our books, and winning games, it was an awesome thing for him to do. Now it is his own stupidity? People, young and old need to learn to wake up to themselves and take responsibility for their posting on social media.

There are young people out there killing themselves over other peoples comments about them on social media. It's gutless and it stinks and it needs to stop. High profile or not, social media is the scourge of society. It gives wankers the courage and ability to say things they would never say in a real life scenario, because their common sense and rational would kick in BEFORE they open their mouths.

Jatz if these blokes want to lives their lives like some soap opera parody of real life then they shouldn't be surprised when loonies bob up.This whole social media thing is the number one blight on the youth of today.Every kid in my daughters grade 6 class has a mobile phone ffs and she is actually taunted by some of these morons about not having one,

Why the hell does anyone want to know why DCE is at the Easter show with his kids and much more importantly why does he feel the need to SHARE that little morsel of information with anyone.The answer is this social media stuff is an addiction and the virtual soap opera must roll on.

If anyone can give me a reason why someone would put pictures of their family on a public as opposed to a private forum then I would love to hear it.The answer is simple.Lack of common sense and ego.

He should turn the ****ing thing off and actually enjoy the show with his kids! What a way out idea that would be because then he wouldn't get the satisfaction of knowing that everyone else knows he and his kids are at the show and he wouldn't have to deal with keyboard crazies.

We are building a ridiculous world based on celebrity and entitlement and I am supposed to feel sorry for and defend the rights of a wealthy over endulged adult who makes a CHOICE to live in a virtual world.God help us all.The fall out from this over the top social media frenzy will manifest itself in the years to come and I have not one iota of respect for people who propagate it via their celebrity.
Susan im quite respectful of your opinions and will usually listen to your arguments but in this case I think you actually need to go and have a look at his instagram. He maybe posts 4-5pictures per month. He doesn't have Twitter so he is by no means living on social media. Nor do I really think he's crazy about driving his brand on social media. He's not like a lot of the idiots you're referring to on Twitter. Typically I've always thought he presents himself quite well on social media and I really don't think he is one of the people you're referring to

@mozgrame we'd get our asses kicked by a whole bunch of Cows fans but go down fighting with pride lol!!

I'm still sorta banned from the old QE2 stadium lol... Was ahead on points until security turned up and ended the argument!!

No we wouldn't, Mate! We'd be halfway back to Ayr headed for Rockvegas, listening to the game on the radio, knuckles already healing and an esky on the backseat begging to have its tide lowered, before those knucklhead security blokes would know what happened.

@:p

Great rapport with all the Manly players when he was manager of the team . The players loved Zorba . I guess we cant please every one Mark :)
[/QUOTE]

Sorry mate but I'm afraid his white anting, media leaking and revenge based tactics far outweigh this.

But there are Zorba fans on here and clearly you are one, so shall we agree to just disagree on the subject??

So if ppl think Snake is not putting in could it be that
1)he is smart enough to know that foz is not going to try this season and the year is a waste and thus why should he put in
2) he is tired. He has dealt with a lot in his career but always played well, maybe things are catching up and he needs some time away from the game.

Great rapport with all the Manly players when he was manager of the team . The players loved Zorba . I guess we cant please every one Mark :)
[/QUOTE]
Can you tell us more about this great rapport and who (everyone) loved Zorba....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8