Professional Players....so stop sulking

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Time to kill off Manly,Dragons,Sharks ,Tigers just like the NSL was killed off with the ALeague, this is why Gallop is being trained up at the ALeague now lol.

Conspiracy theory or is there something in this...................Have your say at 2GB.com or follow us at Hash Tag ClickBait.Telegraph.com.

We better hurry up and get that stadium up and running before we don't meet the up coming criteria list of crowds and infrastructure.

Time to kill off Manly,Dragons,Sharks ,Tigers just like the NSL was killed off with the ALeague, this is why Gallop is being trained up at the ALeague now lol.

Conspiracy theory or is there something in this...................Have your say at 2GB.com or follow us at Hash Tag ClickBait.Telegraph.com.

We better hurry up and get that stadium up and running before we don't meet the up coming criteria list of crowds and infrastructure.

Don't laugh, they always wanted a 12 team " Super League".

NQ
2 x Brisbane
2 x NZ
Perth
4 x Sydney
Melbourne
Newcastle

This and virtual crowds coming to a TV screen near you with a decade.

I'll say one thing, when it comes to trying to entice a 6 or 7 to come and play here at Manly, we're not doing ourselves any favours by bagging the two we have this year mercilessly here and on social media. Anyone we sign better have a bloody thick skin.

Given that pretty much every player in this day and age is on social media, you can bet that anyone considering coming here to play will be having a look at how SOME fans are reacting to their perception of player performances, how far SOME fans are willing to go to take out their frustrations on the players themselves, and weighing up their decision on if they want to subject themselves to that or not. Case in point...dogging DCE on a personal level.

I'll say one thing, when it comes to trying to entice a 6 or 7 to come and play here at Manly, we're not doing ourselves any favours by bagging the two we have this year mercilessly here and on social media. Anyone we sign better have a bloody thick skin.

Given that pretty much every player in this day and age is on social media, you can bet that anyone considering coming here to play will be having a look at how SOME fans are reacting to their perception of player performances, how far SOME fans are willing to go to take out their frustrations on the players themselves, and weighing up their decision on if they want to subject themselves to that or not. Case in point...dogging DCE on a personal level.

Or they could have a stiff glass of cement and harden the **** up.What a joke.If they can't cop it TURN IT OFF and get a real life.But we won't be that lucky will we.We will all get to know what these modern day zombies eat for ****ing breakfast.

Interesting to hear Matt King( in response to Bennett banning phones in the dressing room) saying rarely is a word said at a Bunnies player get togethers these days ,just the usual budding Pullitzer prize winners sending instagrams of their latest tattoo.Said he hated it AND SO DO I.

Last edited:
Mark I work for the Illuminati, order out of chaos.

Spill half the truth to the masses twist it as a joke so that it is not taken seriously then repeat it over and over till you dumb down and fatigue the masses into obedience and acceptance.

Rupert!! Is that you???

;)

Or they could have a stiff glass of cement and harden the **** up.What a joke.If they can't cop it TURN IT OFF and get a real life.But we won't be that lucky will we.We will all get to know what these modern day zombies eat for ****ing breakfast.

Interesting to hear Matt King( in response to Bennett banning phones in the dressing room) saying rarely is a word said at a Bunnies player get togethers these days ,just the usual budding Pullitzer prize winners sending instagrams of their latest tattoo.Said he hated it AND SO DO I.

Yeah, I agree with the eating of cement, but it won't happen. We live in a different world. Jamie Lyon may be the last of the truly tough, with class and discretion, guys on and off the field in the NRL, or at least at Manly. Young people these days are a strange animal. I still train 5 days a week (boxing, MMA type training, it's a lifetime habit, and I'm feckin' good! lol) and I will guarantee you, young blokes today are soft. They are quick to puff up their chest on social media and throw down all sorts of challenges and threats of physical harm, and therein lies the problem.

It's too easy to pass yourself off as a hard, tough guy when you're miles away from the person you are threatening, or running down. Face to face, these guys are like the barbers cat. Full of piss and hot air. What is important to remember is that Daly is the one copping sh1t. He's not giving it. He's opened himself up on social media (**** I hate that term) the same as he does to real life, actual fans. He doesn't deserve to cop crap for it, does he?

Look at it like this....Let's say you work for a company (Club) and your role is in the public eye (Player). You are used to dealing with mentally well balanced customers(fans) that are quick to say G'day and shake your hand, because they like the company (Club) you represent, and they enjoy the effort you put in to make their experience in dealing with them enjoyable.

You are moving on to a new company (Club), but have told you boss (Current Club) that you won't be slacking off while you wait to start your new career. He (The Club) has understood your moving on, and has agreed. Your work mates (Team mates) are a little shaken by your decision, but are glad to have you on board.

Now, some customers (fans) are not happy with your decision. Not only are they not happy, but they decide to stalk you on social media. They make comments not only about the way they viewed your work performance (Game time) but also about you personal life (Family)

Would you be pissed off with those customers (fans)? Would you have not lost it completely and lashed back at them (the old, if you're good enough to throw it, you're good enough to catch it bullsh1t) ?

Well, Cherry is more classy than that I guess. But that just makes him a bigger target for losers that really have no lives, seemingly. To take the time and effort to vent in such an unhealthy way seems to stink of boredom, frustration and hopelessness. Some of these people could do with a mental health assessment.

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree with the eating of cement, but it won't happen. We live in a different world. Jamie Lyon may be the last of the truly tough, with class and discretion, guys on and off the field in the NRL, or at least at Manly. Young people these days are a strange animal. I still train 5 days a week (boxing, MMA type training, it's a lifetime habit, and I'm feckin' good! lol) and I will guarantee you, young blokes today are soft. They are quick to puff up their chest on social media and throw down all sorts of challenges and threats of physical harm, and therein lies the problem.

It's too easy to pass yourself off as a hard, tough guy when you're miles away from the person you are threatening, or running down. Face to face, these guys are like the barbers cat. Full of piss and hot air. What is important to remember is that Daly is the one copping sh1t. He's not giving it. He's opened himself up on social media (**** I hate that term) the same as he does to real life, actual fans. He doesn't deserve to cop crap for it, does he?

Look at it like this....Let's say you work for a company (Club) and your role is in the public eye (Player). You are used to dealing with mentally well balanced customers(fans) that are quick to say G'day and shake your hand, because they like the company (Club) you represent, and they enjoy the effort you put in to make your experience in dealing with them enjoyable.

You are moving on to a new company (Club), but have told you boss (Current Club) that you won't be slacking off while you wait to start your new career. He (The Club) has understood your moving on, and has agreed. Your work mates (Team mates) are a little shaken by your decision, but are glad to have you on board.

Now, some customers (fans) are not happy with your decision. Not only are they not happy, but they decide to stalk you on social media. They make comments not only about the way they viewed your work performance (Game time) but also about you personal life (Family)

Would you be pissed off with those customers (fans)? Would you have not lost it completely and lashed back at them (the old, if you're good enough to throw it, you're good enough to catch it bullsh1t) ?

Well, Cherry is more classy than that I guess. But that just makes him a bigger target for losers that really have no lives, seemingly. To take the time and effort to vent in such an unhealthy way seems to stink of boredom, frustration and hopelessness. Some of these people could do with a mental health assessment.
Good post. Well articulated. I don't have any agenda for anyone that thinks I do. I just find it funny that fans want access to players, fans on here also want players to like and promote the club which he does but then say it's acceptable for someone to cop it or that it's his own fault. It's a pick your poison. You either want him to be quiet and not provide people access or you do in which case no one should cop abuse. I agree with @mozgrame that's it's far too easy for keyboard warriors to say some of this stuff. I like to think I call a spade a spade. I guarantee you anything I say on here im perfectly willing to express in person. I legitimately think foz dogged it and hes not putting in but I don't think its right to troll his personal spaces either. Maybe that's just me. Call it a crazy gen y thing aye @Mark from Brisbane fancy respect from a gen y:giggle:

Does Foran get picked at 6 for the ANZAC test and if so, what kind of effort will he put in? Should be telling...
There is no way Foran should be picked for the kiwis and this should be his punishment for being a dog.

They should select solely based on form which means that he shouldn't make the New Zealand third team

The Problem is that Chez started it when giving a Fox Interview - actual twice in a row .
When he announced that he was leaving and what would the Manly Fans reaction be - paraphrasing - "I don't concern myself with that, what Fans think of me is not of any concern to me"

Then last week, when he was going on about the concussion rule, he was asked about Manly Fans criticizing the Dragon's game effort by the team - paraphrasing - "Well they're not true supporters then. A true supporter sticks with a Club no matter the result"

That's why Fans are giving it to him, as he expects us to accept rubbish or whatever he and his team mates feel like putting on for the paying public :mad:

Even Kochie on the Seven Program said, what a stupid and glib comment to make by a Player who is himself quitting the Club @:cool:

No I'm not missing your point, my opinion does differ from yours though.

And dont go putting words in my mouth, nowhere did I suggest fans dont matter. I did however make the point that Manly fans are not going to protest to the club and the our club isnt going to make changes or sack players based on fanbase demands on how the club should handle the current situation.

Not only is the Souths re-entry to the NRL irrelevant in comparison to the topic in this thread, as admit yourself, you are not going to protest to our club so who are all these people that are going to rally and protest to affect this change ? There will be no protest & that isnt my jaded opinion or an example that fans dont matter. Its just the obvious reality.
Ahh yeah you are. I'm not actually saying we should protest or march on the club. Was merely making a point bud.
Ffs all I'm saying is fans matter mate. Our opinion is relevant.

The Problem is that Chez started it when giving a Fox Interview - actual twice in a row .
When he announced that he was leaving and what would the Manly Fans reaction be - paraphrasing - "I don't concern myself with that, what Fans think of me is not of any concern to me"

Then last week, when he was going on about the concussion rule, he was asked about Manly Fans criticizing the Dragon's game effort by the team - paraphrasing - "Well they're not true supporters then. A true supporter sticks with a Club no matter the result"

That's why Fans are giving it to him, as he expects us to accept rubbish or whatever he and his team mates feel like putting on for the paying public :mad:

Even Kochie on the Seven Program said, what a stupid and glib comment to make by a Player who is himself quitting the Club @:cool:

So, are the entire team copping it from disgruntled fans, or just him, because the media only want his input so they can run with the after effects of his comments? Should he have responded to the fans analysis of the dragons game by saying, yeah, we don't really care if we win or not. Why are the fans worried? They got their hat and crap for their membership money didn't they? :p

I don't think he has been laying down in games. I think he is still trying hard for wins, but it's hard on your own out there and at the moment, every player is an island. The entire team is flat. Incredibly unfair to single anyone out IMO.

There are ways to voice and show your disapproval in a teams performance. Some people go way too far. I will never agree with that, or say they are right to do so. "He said it first" belongs in the playground.

Where do you draw the line and become the bigger person?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8