PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Warriors v Manly [Round 5, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

XV-1

First Grader
If Des picks the same players, we already know what will happen.

Warriors were pretty good tonighy, they will kill us if we continue to pick the same plodders

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Apart from adding some different ( & far from bluechip quality) backs and swapping Cust and Crokers position ,there isn't a hell of alot Des can do .
We are decimated with injuries and have SFA on the shelves.
Our forwards are underperforming and stocks are all used up.
He can still do something and that is lift the troops he has

Lift them to play above their weight like great coaches do

If this guy can compete on one leg

Then Des can lift our players to compete with two

20080727-nyc-half-marathon-22-one-legged-runner-53-minutes-in.jpg

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I have never seen a Manly team that lacks resilience as much as this team and has capitulated 12 games in a row

Every week for the past 12 thrashings Des sits in the press conference and says we need to do this and we need to do that

Well Des , Start doing your Job and do it !

Last edited:

NYEagle

Bencher
I’m a glass half full kind of guy, and also very angry with what I am seeing.
I guess this is my last delusion that maybe what I am seeing is not a hopeless situation and that maybe Des is right and this team can improve with more effort and better respect for the ball.
So, let’s see what happens.
NYEagle

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Warriors their usual error riddled selves tonight. Weren't that impressive. Roosters missing both starting halves and first and second choice hooker and they looked pretty comfortable against them. Walker outplayed Nikorima. If RTS doesn't fire they don't seem to have a lot of attacking spark. Egan is IKEA level hooker, O'Sullivan barely did anything and Nikorima ineffective. Both their tries from kicks.

Having said that we'll make them look like premiership contenders.

Uk eagle

Bencher
If the backline remains unchanged, it will be tough for me to continue supporting Des moving forward. The same goes for Croker. There is Funa, Tuipulotu, Burbo, Weekes etc. If they aren't good enough to make a side that has been flogged four weeks in a row, why are they even in the top 30?
Agree, it's great showing faith in players but if that's misplaced then changes HAVE to be made. Enough is enough

madmax

Bencher
If the backline remains unchanged, it will be tough for me to continue supporting Des moving forward. The same goes for Croker. There is Funa, Tuipulotu, Burbo, Weekes etc. If they aren't good enough to make a side that has been flogged four weeks in a row, why are they even in the top 30?
Don’t forget the floggings from last year also mate. It’s not just this year & again with the same / similar selected players!

Franko

Reserve Grader
AFB was injured in tonight's match so, with a little luck, the injury is not too trivial.
Careful mate, i got attacked by some plebs for suggesting an injury was good news....even though it was about the suspension of the player

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 6 -39 14