PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Warriors v Manly [Round 5, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
So my big question is do I bother making the trip up to Gosford on the train trip and transport probably 3 and bit hours for the whole trip there and back from the beaches to see us play live.

I normally not hesitate at all to go watch us play live but am getting sick and tired of watching us get beat every single week, last week was so depressing being at brookvale oval.

I know in my heart of hearts I will probably make the trip up but I just hope the boys put up some sort of fight.

If we lose by 20+ to that warriors team just hand us the spoon.

Last edited:

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
MATCH OFFICIALS:

Chris Butler
Referee

Belinda Sharpe
Touch Judge

Wyatt Raymond
Touch Judge

Matt Noyen
Senior Review Official

D

Deleted member 26876

I notice Burbo is named in reserves...is this a mini token gesture by Des to 'compensate' for Turbo's omission lol
I notice Saddler is in the reserves at number 19! Hopefully he can find his way into the side this week but doubt it. Im just glad that he is available because I was under the impression that he wasnt in our top 30

As for the squad I’d prefer Walker goes back to centres and definitely do not want to see Jetski. I’d drop Jetski and bring Saddler onto the bench, maybe Keppie second-row or personally i’d prefer Taupau (with Saddler used as a bench prop or starting lock).

However, in saying that I believe it’s better in the long run that Harper is selected in his natural position of centre. If he has a blinder, he may just retain his starting spot. If he plays fullback and bombs it then we may not see him.

Simonmyers11

First Grader
I notice Saddler is in the reserves at number 19! Hopefully he can find his way into the side this week but doubt it. Im just glad that he is available because I was under the impression that he wasnt in our top 30

As for the squad I’d prefer Walker goes back to centres and definitely do not want to see Jetski. I’d drop Jetski and bring Saddler onto the bench, maybe Keppie second-row or personally i’d prefer Taupau (with Saddler used as a bench prop or starting lock).

However, in saying that I believe it’s better in the long run that Harper is selected in his natural position of centre. If he has a blinder, he may just retain his starting spot. If he plays fullback and bombs it then we may not see him.
Saddler is a much better footballer than Jetski from the limited games ive watch him play. A bit like davey, has a crack and puts in 100%. Would tackle better as well

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Both have been very ordinary.... Parker has maybe had more impact imo but he has made more mistakes too...

too close to call - sack em both....

Just wondering where you get Parker having more impact? I'm normally a fan of Scorpio (other than his lack of pace), but putting it mildly he's been $hit this season. His defensive game has all but deserted him and half the time he seems to have forgotten how to catch and hold on to a ball.

At least Suli made some runs last week. But to be perfectly frank (pardon the pun), he's been downright $hit too.

Seriously, even if Suli hadn't been injured ... if Turbo was fit to play this week I would have had him at fullback and had Walks and Harper in the centres. Both Parker and Suli would have been lining up for Blacktown. Neither deserves their spot the way they have been.

Peter7

Reserve Grader
Honest question but does anybody here actually think Croker has any upsides to his game that helps the team? Even supporters of other teams see how **** Croker is and are confused how he starts every week.
At this point I'm thinking Des is taking the piss and waiting for that 1st win to say I told you so!

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
I notice Burbo is named in reserves...is this a mini token gesture by Des to 'compensate' for Turbo's omission lol
I know Burbo got some stick for getting palmed off by Adam Doueihi in the trial game, but I watched Doueihi go through Gutherson, Nathan Brown and a couple of others to score against Parramatta, so…

Burbo might not be ready yet. He might not be better than anyone he might replace. But really, how much worse can we get? We must be getting to the point where we have to try something.

Just seen the team list.....

Other than the forced change of Harper for the injured Suli and Sips in for Boyle ... its the same freaking team that has been thrashed 4 weeks in a row.

Speechless. Absolutely effing speechless :lipssealed::lipssealed::lipssealed::lipssealed::lipssealed:
Same here mate, no answers at all

WiseyEagle

Reserve Grader
Was Harper our centre that got carved up last round of 2020 vs warriors?
Trying to remember I was at that game at Bluetongue stadium. I remember young hoppa was getting smashed either at centre or wing. I did have a few beers at the Gossy hotel before the game and few more at the game, so a bit cloudy the memory on that one.

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
Just wondering where you get Parker having more impact? I'm normally a fan of Scorpio (other than his lack of pace), but putting it mildly he's been $hit this season. His defensive game has all but deserted him and half the time he seems to have forgotten how to catch and hold on to a ball.

At least Suli made some runs last week. But to be perfectly frank (pardon the pun), he's been downright $hit too.

Seriously, even if Suli hadn't been injured ... if Turbo was fit to play this week I would have had him at fullback and had Walks and Harper in the centres. Both Parker and Suli would have been lining up for Blacktown. Neither deserves their spot the way they have been.
Look you are probably right... it's not an argument I am prepared to die in a ditch over because it is like arguing whether dirt or tar is tastier...

StuBoot

Bencher
Not normally one to lash our team selections but feel so flat right now..

I know Des is as loyal as they come but c'mon man!

Saab needs a spell - to regain something, anything - but I'm not so sure he has it to begin with. The kicker for me was To'o's second try last week, the pass from Burton bounced behind Kikau and into To'o's arms, he's practically crossing the line before Saab realises Kikau doesn't have the ball, he makes Jorge's counting numbers in defence look good. He's shown no willingness to get amongst it. As far as I'm concerned he's not a Saab but a Lada Niva.
Give someone, anyone a go on the wing.
Parker needs a spell or a rocket, he's always been serviceable but now needs a service himself. Give someone, anyone else a go, I'd even go Jetski above him he's going that badly.
Suli - see above
Croker - it's been said ad nauseum, I don't need to add anything.
Garrick - until his hair gets messed up, he's not putting in enough imo.

Our stats show we're getting down in the attacking zone enough but coming up empty - our 2-5 don't ask enough any questions.

I could go on....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
11 6 5 -38 14