PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly vs Storm [Round 1, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
found this on nrl.com

Sea Eagles v Storm: Turbo boost for Manly; Tui steps up
AuthorTroy WhittakerNRL.com ReporterTimestampTue 10 Mar 2020, 04:01 PM

i like the final paragraph:

And another thing ...
There have been a series of closely-fought battles between these teams but Manly's 40-0 win over Melbourne back in 2008 broke the record for the biggest winning margin in a grand final. The rivalry between the teams is so big there is a Wikipedia page dedicated to it (and a separate one for the "Battle of Brookvale").

here are the links:

found this on nrl.com

Sea Eagles v Storm: Turbo boost for Manly; Tui steps up
AuthorTroy WhittakerNRL.com ReporterTimestampTue 10 Mar 2020, 04:01 PM

i like the final paragraph:

And another thing ...
There have been a series of closely-fought battles between these teams but Manly's 40-0 win over Melbourne back in 2008 broke the record for the biggest winning margin in a grand final. The rivalry between the teams is so big there is a Wikipedia page dedicated to it (and a separate one for the "Battle of Brookvale").

here are the links:

Kimmorley tipped us - not a good sign. The dickhead can’t pick his nose

Turbo v Papy will be a cracker contest, both exciting runners of the ball.

The key to Melbourne is Munster - shut down his game and you'll go a long way towards winning.

Our pack can match theirs, just depends on how much leeway refs are going to give on the wrestle this year. Hopefully they are primed for an early season crackdown on the ruck strangleathon and we benefit from a penalty count in our favour. If the game flows we are a better chance of winning as that suits our running game.

Turbo v Papy will be a cracker contest, both exciting runners of the ball.

The key to Melbourne is Munster - shut down his game and you'll go a long way towards winning.

Our pack can match theirs, just depends on how much leeway refs are going to give on the wrestle this year. Hopefully they are primed for an early season crackdown on the ruck strangleathon and we benefit from a penalty count in our favour. If the game flows we are a better chance of winning as that suits our running game.

And their wingers, don’t forget them.

Addo Carr is dangerous in space and you have to respect his pace, but he's containable. Although Sandwichs one on one defence is pretty poor so that is a worry. Vunivalu is a peanut, million dollar rig, 10c head driving it - hope Horhay has a special lined up for him.

This game will be won like most games are won on the psychological front
The Storm will be flying over Lottoland in their B52's Invading our territory willing to humiliate us in front of our fans and take away our two competition points

This is not just a game of footy . This is war !

We shall defend our Lottoland what ever the cost may be
We shall fight them on our home soil the Northern Beaches
Our fans will cheer us on the the Grandstands and on the Hill
We will fight with passion ,pride , true grit and win at all costs
PRIDE AND REPUTATION IS AT STAKE HERE !!!
WHERE THERE IS A WILL THERE IS A WAY AND
IF WE NEVER SURRENDER THE STORM WILL NOT CONQUER US
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Quite a few Manly boys having their first hit out , most are seasoned players so should not take too long to get back into the groove . Need some good direction from D C E naturally , and a must to aim up in defence ., Can "t do much about some anticipated wet conditions [ or slightly ] , playing a still quality side but if they can keep their mistake rate down , should still be in with a real chance .

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11