PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly vs Storm [Round 1, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

40 nil

It's only a game ...
his inside players haven't been able to provide him with possible try-scoring opportunities in these latter years?
That would seem to be the case. His tries & line breaks have decreased since 2016 - see Career By Season in link below. Of course, he has also missed a lot of games through injury.

That would seem to be the case. His tries & line breaks have decreased since 2016 - see Career By Season in link below. Of course, he has also missed a lot of games through injury.

For sure buddy, but his Barrett/Ferris years were an anomaly in a very strong, long career. There are many factors that contribute to ANY players success rate. His stats were great last year under our current staff and let's hope he can produce the goods again in that environment.

40 nil

It's only a game ...
There are many factors that contribute to ANY players success rate.
I wasn't criticizing Jorge. My original point was that for the first few years at Manly, he had extremely talented inside men who helped create try scoring opportunities for him. He had an excellent year in 2019, but the right side attack was probably more lethal than the left. This could balance up in 2020 through Walker's influence & Turbo playing more games.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
I don't know where this Dessie is foxing commentary is coming from .... last year his team lists were always spot on .... nil ducks and drakes played .... I expect both Jake and AFB to play ...

With Waddell injured the only surprise to me is that Boyle appears to be preferred over Sipley ... no big deal ... but interesting

Manly by 20 ...

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
So you are saying his inside players haven't been able to provide him with possible try-scoring opportunities in these latter years?

Yeah, I agree.
That should improve this year if Turbo stays fit and with The Phantom seemingly warming to his 5/8 role - the left edge might start to fire after being a bit quiet for the last few seasons. Being camped outside Parker isn't going to get the attacking juices flowing, as solid as Scorpio is he isn't a try assist machine.

I love Horhay, great player, but if there is one thing that annoys me with him is his unwillingness to go infield and look for opportunity. He just does his grunt work out of our end when needed and then lowers his head and shuffles back to his wing to wait patiently for the ball to come his way. I'd love to see him getting in around the ruck on occasion and use that leg drive and tackling busting ability he shows when rucking it out of our 20.

Briza

Maroon and White - Born and Bred
This is most excited I've been in many a year, I think we'll be slow starters as always but right up there at season's end.

double hoops

First Grader
Stunned because of the pre game hype or stunned because you think he should be there??
Pre game hype played it's part. Certainly Trex wasn't suggesting he was injured or potentially unavailable for game one in that interview recently.

Then add he was missing at nines and all trials for both Blacktown and Man. figured he was either injured or being kept in cotton wool for game one, so if not injured must be the later.

Add No Goose and No Waddell.

Thought Trex's experience would see him just edge in front of the likes of Haumole for the first few games of the season.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Pre game hype played it's part. Certainly Trex wasn't suggesting he was injured or potentially unavailable for game one in that interview recently.

Then add he was missing at nines and all trials for both Blacktown and Man. figured he was either injured or being kept in cotton wool for game one, so if not injured must be the later.

Add No Goose and No Waddell.

Thought Trex's experience would see him just edge in front of the likes of Haumole for the first few games of the season.

The odd thing is he seems to have vanished , as in not named in top 30, didn’t appear in trials / nines ( but is obviously still about ), I too find it a bit strange.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I think keppie will be our number 3 prop by round 8-10, Parra fans will regret letting him go

Yeah, but in place they signed..... they got.....they took....from us they have.... they..... err... umm....

Kevinward777

First Grader
For his first years, probably many last passes from Steve, Brett and Kieran.
Jorge is a very good finisher. He’s scored many try’s by using his brute strength.

Edit: Just read your next post and the point you were trying to make, and I agree.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Bellamy builds his teams around a few stars and the rest just doing their job and not much else , forget the names they’ll turn up to play.

You're quite right Mark and I know I'm under estimating Bellamy's talent to meld his team together. But do we have a coach with similar skills. I suspect so. I think overall Manly seems to have more game breakers than Melbourne and I wonder if this young Sea Eagles side is now a step up from even last year. Time will tell.

The Who

Journey Man
I'm worried about Melbourne's two wingers; both are exceptional. What a pity Vunavlu (sic) isn't heading to the Wallabies this year instead of in 2021.
I'm sure there will be plenty of high kicks to Jorge's wing, and the new rule will exacerbate what has been a problem under the high ball.

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 69 16
12 7 5 135 14
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12
12 6 6 2 12