PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Warriors [Round 3, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I havnt seen anything on field that would suggest we are close to a win. It can still happen if the warriors turn up ready to lose. We are going to need some penalties and early points if we are going to get any of that elusive momentum going to possbly build off the back of it

For mine the players just seem a little off in spirit.

Our last 40 minutes of play against the roosters to bounce back and win the second half proves that our players are not a little off in spirit but have the never say die attitude
Teams that are down in spirit capitulate after a 22 point deficit and that feathered friend the Sea eagles did not .
We rose above capitulation like Sea eagles and we will use our rising momentum for the win against the Warriors

Expecting a largely improved performance, particularly in attack now that we finally have a dry track to get some nice crisp attacking raids happening, sharper kicking game and higher completions to fully dominate the Warriors for most of the match.

Tom and AFB back will be massive and our halves to thrive and capitalise on field position at various stages throughout the match.

Manly 28 Warriors 12

Never been as proud to support manly I am tonight

They have had plenty of airtime today as they have been out and about. A group visited the mosque where the first attack occurred, including taufua, Sironen, Sipley. Been at junior league trainings running coaching clinics and also visiting schools and a league carnival . Just finished watching a local league show that had interviews with beaver, des and DCE. General theme coming through from all that the work they are doing pre game is the most important part of the visit

DCE said the main focus for the week on field is holding the warriors to 12-14 points

Not sure if it has been mentioned but Suli is in doubt (Ryan will be happy) and Elliot is in line to replace him.
Im happy with that. Means that if Elliot has a good game then Parker can finally be demoted

He was on the NRL teams podcast and said he highly doubted Tom would play mainly due to travelling with leg injuries..... not sure if he was just expressing what he would do or he knows what’s going on with Dessie.

Be tough without him.
Might explain why elliott was left out as he will just straight come in for turbo

There are plenty of positives to be positive about

Big Speedy game breaker Turbo charger is back and is just one of them

Raise your glasses feathered friends .....

If your glass is half empty you are a pessimist

If your glass is half full then you are an optimist

Lets all drink to a Manly Sea eagles revival

Go the Mighty Sea eagles !!!

Cheers !

images (5).jpg

Would be a loss to lose Suli. He has been reasonably good so far except for the first half against roosters. He at least provides a bit of X factor out wide. Hard to see any points created out wide other than Tommy with him out.

Forwards look like we have a slight edge. I’m looking forward to seeing how our rotation of Marty AFB and Sipley goes. I think Sipley may be a sleeper for us this year. It’s been a real weakness for us when Marty and AFB go off but I think Sipley may have the ability to change that.

I think we can maybe sneak a win but if we don’t I’ll bet my last dollar it will be because RTS kills our left hand defence in the red zone like he did to the dogs. He will be licking his lips to get at Elgey Parker Tafua. All three of them get posted often by guys with good footwork and there’s no.better footwork in the game than him. So important Thommo has a good defensive game on that side because they’ll be going there all day both on the ground and in the air.

For me this game probably defines our year. Dry track, desperate for a win and virtually full strength if Walker is gone for year.Get beaten badly and it’s going to be a very long season and a bunfight to avoid the spoon again.Win and get some confidence we may see a few wins ahead with the Raiders and Dogs at home good opportunities and our nemesis the Dragons being without Widdop. Can’t remember the last time they didn’t flog us.

Last edited:
Would be a loss to lose Suli. He has been reasonably good so far except for the first half against roosters. He at least provides a bit of X factor out wide. Hard to see any points created out wide other than Tommy with him out.

Forwards look like we have a slight edge. I’m looking forward to seeing how our rotation of Marty AFB and Sipley goes. I think Sipley may be a sleeper for us this year. It’s been a real weakness for us when Marty and AFB go off but I think Sipley may have the ability to change that.

I think we can maybe sneak a win but if we don’t I’ll bet my last dollar it will be because RTS kills our left hand defence in the red zone like he did to the dogs. He will be licking his lips to get at Elgey Parker Tafua. All three of them get posted often by guys with good footwork and there’s no.better footwork in the game than him. So important Thommo has a good defensive game on that side because they’ll be going there all day both on the ground and in the air.

For me this game probably defines our year. Dry track, desperate for a win and virtually full strength if Walker is gone for year.Get beaten badly and it’s going to be a very long season and a bunfight to avoid the spoon again.Win and get some confidence we may see a few wins ahead with the Raiders and Dogs at home good opportunities and our nemesis the Dragons being without Widdop. Can’t remember the last time they didn’t flog us.

Plenty of people who watched a fair bit of sipley in the warriors nsw cup side were gutted when they lost him

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8